2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Petraeus is gone from D/CIA< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 4:08 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"HEADQUARTERS Central Intelligence Agency
9 November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA.  After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair.  Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours.  This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.
As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard.  Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.
Teddy Roosevelt once observed that life's greatest gift is the opportunity to work hard at work worth doing.  I will always treasure my opportunity to have done that with you and I will always regret the circumstances that brought that work with you to an end.
Thank you for your extraordinary service to our country, and best wishes for continued success in the important endeavors that lie ahead for our country and our Agency.
With admiration and appreciation,
David H. Petraeus"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 4:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another great man that fell to a woman's charm.

How long is that list now?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 3
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If men in general cannot seem to keep it in their pants, why do we not just admit defeat and hand over the reins of power to the women?  Let them hold all of the offices of power and see where they take us.  Can they do worse?  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 4:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 09 2012, 1:26 pm)
If men in general cannot seem to keep it in their pants, why do we not just admit defeat and hand over the reins of power to the women?  Let them hold all of the offices of power and see where they take us.  Can they do worse?  

New Hampshire seems to be leading the way.
 Post Number: 5
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 4:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 09 2012, 4:26 pm)

I think some women might suffer from the same desires.

Men aren't alone in there desire or do you not think some married women also cheat?

Lust is one of the seven deadly sins....

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 6
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 4:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lust is one of the seven deadly sins

And here I thought it was breathing oxygen that is the ONLY deadly sin.

What a silly phrase is "deadly sin", since everyone dies no matter how well they buy into the religious propaganda.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 7
AggieHiker92 Search for posts by this member.
Hiking with kids in tow adds a new dimension to the Wonders of Nature

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 5:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do you think that the CIA will opt for a lady "M?"

That's just unheard of!!!

--------------
"Though I've belted you and flayed you / By the living Gawd that made you / You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din." - Rudyard Kipling
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 5:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(AggieHiker92 @ Nov. 09 2012, 2:11 pm)

Hillary would rock the job and she's available.... but in any case I'd be far more comfortable with that slot being relegated once again to a civilian and then their shedding the drone program.
 Post Number: 9
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 5:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 09 2012, 4:26 pm)

In 2016.
 Post Number: 10
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2012, 9:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Nov. 09 2012, 5:14 pm)

(AggieHiker92 @ Nov. 09 2012, 2:11 pm)

Hillary would rock the job and she's available.... but in any case I'd be far more comfortable with that slot being relegated once again to a civilian and then their shedding the drone program.

Totally agree.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 11
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2012, 4:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That would be a great job for Sarah Palin. Intelligence is an oxymoron in that particular usage. It would get her off of unemployment and she has all that experience keeping an eye on Putin.  :p

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 12
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2012, 8:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 09 2012, 4:21 pm)

Would that have been your response if it was a Democrat?

Ya right

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 13
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2012, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 09 2012, 4:21 pm)

Do you hate all women?
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2012, 9:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Slinger, was Clinton another great man that fell to a woman's charm? Would they have been greater men if they hadn't been attracted to women at all? Just curious?

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 15
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2012, 9:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With only one thing in common
They got the fire down below

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 16
Three Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2012, 9:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Nov. 09 2012, 4:45 pm)
Lust is one of the seven deadly sins

And here I thought it was breathing oxygen that is the ONLY deadly sin.

What a silly phrase is "deadly sin", since everyone dies no matter how well they buy into the religious propaganda.

Apparently it was deadly to Petraeus' tenure at the CIA.
 Post Number: 17
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2012, 7:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Being out of a job for the moment is pretty different from being dead, IMO.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2012, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Nov. 11 2012, 4:09 pm)
Being out of a job for the moment is pretty different from being dead, IMO.

Well, until your downsized security detail means you get snatched off the street and relegated to wherever.

But his girlfriend sent threatening emails to a state department agency liaison?  Once again proving the risks of fooling around with some one crazier than you are.
 Post Number: 19
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know, there's an old saying.  "A soldier who won't F____ is a soldier who won't fight".

Just saying.......
 Post Number: 20
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 7:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 10:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In another twist to this story an FBI agent apparently sent shirtless picture of himself to
Jill Kelley (the woman who Paula Broadwell sent those emails to) and possibly looks to be
a partisan Republican given the following

The agent referred the matter to a cyber crimes unit but was prohibited from any role in the
investigation after the FBI found out that he sent shirtless photos of himself to Kelley,
people familiar with the probe told The WSJ.

After being barred from the case, the agent contacted representative David Reichert (R-Wash.)
out of concern that senior FBI officials were going to "sweep the matter under the rug,"

according to two officials familiar with the matter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-age....4TK0UZ0

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 7:51 pm)
In another twist to this story an FBI agent apparently sent shirtless picture of himself to
Jill Kelley (the woman who Paula Broadwell sent those emails to) and possibly looks to be
a partisan Republican given the following

The agent referred the matter to a cyber crimes unit but was prohibited from any role in the
investigation after the FBI found out that he sent shirtless photos of himself to Kelley,
people familiar with the probe told The WSJ.

After being barred from the case, the agent contacted representative David Reichert (R-Wash.)
out of concern that senior FBI officials were going to "sweep the matter under the rug,"

according to two officials familiar with the matter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-age....4TK0UZ0

Hmmm So that's Eric Cantor's source from back in October when some one FBI leaked the info about Petraeus to the House Republican Majority Leader?

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=17701154
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh and he was fired.  From the Washington Post:
"He resigned last week after being told to do so by Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. on the day President Obama was reelected"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politic....0000205
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Turns out Rielle Hunter lives very close to Broadwell

--------------
 Post Number: 25
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 3:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Uh oh...
"Top U.S. commander in Afghanistan under investigation, scandal widens"
 Post Number: 26
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 8:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If, as is quite possible, it's found that the general began the affair while still in the service, he could be prosecuted.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 27
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A rule all eMail'ers should follow before hitting the Send button:

Assume the entire world will eventually read it, and will know who sent it.

Same rule applies for us posters.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You're really right Frank!

At first I thought that this was much ado about not much, but there are some twists and turns. Why does this Kelly woman, a "hostess" that seems to be very well connected, have enough influence with the FBI to get an investigation over more mundane things then get posted here? Why did Cantnor and the Republicans that knew about it, sit on it?

Beyond the questions, the thing that strikes me, is how destructive these wars have been to the people that fight them, our government, and or economy. Americans are far to eager to resort to military solutions, and far to reserved to end them quickly and decisively. Collin Powell was right all along, as was Dwight Eisenhower. I fear that the government has become the puppet of the arms manufacturers.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did Broadwell leak info about an illegal detention center in Benghazi?

Excerpts from an op-ed that summarizes the relevant info...

On the question of Petraeus revealing classified information, Broadwell gave a speech in October at the University of Denver where she proclaimed that the CIA annex in Benghazi was used to detain Libyan militants. She even suggested that Petraeus knew immediately that the attack was indeed a terrorist attack, possibly provoked by the militants being held in the CIA annex.

Fox News reported today that they'd learned through a "well-placed Washington source" there were in fact Libyan militants being held by the CIA in Benghazi.

The CIA has denied the claim of a secret Benghazi prison, with a spokesperson saying, “The CIA has not had detention authority since January 2009, when Executive Order 13491 was issued. Any suggestion that the Agency is still in the detention business is uninformed and baseless.”

This information that Broadwell divulged back in October was not known to the public, raising questions on how Broadwell obtained the information and why she disclosed it publicly.  

Before Petraeus gave President Obama his resignation, the CIA director was scheduled to testify before Congress on Thursday over the operation in Benghazi that resulted in the death of an American ambassador and three other Americans. Petraeus is not on schedule to testify before Congress on Thursday, with acting director, Mike Morrell, set to take his place.

There has been no word yet, if Petraeus will testify willingly or if he will be forced to with a Congressional subpoena.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighbo....benghaz

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Did Broadwell leak info about an illegal detention center in Benghazi?"

I think that would be Dan "The Great Patriot" Issa in open Congressional hearings. Moon's rag covering their buddy's tushy? Maybeso.
47 replies since Nov. 09 2012, 4:08 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Petraeus is gone from D/CIA
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions