2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 2016 Presidential Election, The candidates will be...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
harquahala Search for posts by this member.
There is no hurry

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2008, 5:47 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Janet Napolitano, Democrat, Governor of Arizona.

Sarah Palin, Republican, Governor of Alaska.

That's my prediction.

--------------
Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is no hurry.
~harquahala
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2008, 6:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(harquahala @ Oct. 29 2008, 5:47 pm)
Janet Napolitano, Democrat, Governor of Arizona.

Sarah Palin, Republican, Governor of Alaska.

That's my prediction.

Sheesh, and I worried that the 2012 campain would start in January.  :O
 Post Number: 3
Orbital-Burn Search for posts by this member.
ninja of the nasty

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2008, 6:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

there will be no 2016 election.  Obama will destroy the country long before that.

--------------
"you wanna know what I think?
It don't really matter what I think."
-Hoot
 Post Number: 4
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2008, 6:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Democrat-Chelsea Clinton

Republican-Charles Barkley
 Post Number: 5
Scot Search for posts by this member.
Some light Slayer please...

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2008, 7:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Janet would destroy Sarah...destroy.

http://www.charlierose.com/shows....h-palin

--------------
The tree of liberty must be renewed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots for it is its natural manure
 Post Number: 6
harquahala Search for posts by this member.
There is no hurry

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2008, 12:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Scot @ Oct. 29 2008, 4:06 pm)
Janet would destroy Sarah...destroy.

http://www.charlierose.com/shows....h-palin

I had no doubt it would be one sided. I think it would be neat to here a comparison of their ideologies presented by them.

--------------
Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is no hurry.
~harquahala
 Post Number: 7
RichardG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2008, 1:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Will it be mud slinging, or mud wrestling?
 Post Number: 8
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess harquahala was wrong on his prediction.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 9
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 10:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will vote for whoever is running against Hillary

I may change my party affiliation just so I can vote against her in the primary
 Post Number: 10
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Democrats - no doubt that Hillary is the front runner - again- but I hope that a bright young leader comes through and beats her - again.  Hillary can win in 2016, but we need a new, less baggage, well qualified leader to step in and take us forward to finish the Obama promise.

Maybe one of the younger Governors, maybe Elizabeth Warren, maybe a west coast Senator, but someone bright, young and fresh.

Republicans - some Tea Party stalwart named Rick.  There are several to choose among.  All will be spectacular losers on the national scene once they get the nomination.

New Party - there will be a new third party, created out of necessity by the actual conservatives and moderate Republicans and some moderate independents.  Might even be two new parties, one for the mainline conservatives and one for the Libertarians, who realize they need a broader platform to be anything more than a joke on the national scene.

The result will be an easy victory for the Democrat, whomever that may be, and maybe a possibility of a Democratic House, making real progress possible during the period 2016-2024.

2024 will be the really interesting election, but I will almost surely be dead before then, so not a lot of personal interest, even if I should survive and still be able to remember what an election means!

What a country!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 11
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 2:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope a tea bagger gets the Repub nomination, but it won't really matter against Hillary.

Hill will pick Barack as Secretary of State.

'They' will commit mass suicide.
:D
 Post Number: 12
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 2:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The only Republicans I'd rather see than Ted Cruz would be Palin or Mr. Exorcist, Bobby Jindahl.

So, LB, exactly what is it REALLY about Hillary that disgusts you? If its just Benghazi I've gotta ask are you f'n kidding?

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 13
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 3:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sarah Palin 2012!!!

November approaches....

Whoa, sorry.  I had a bit of a flashback there.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14
mtnsteve Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 4:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They (extreme right) will probably nominate someone like Cruz instead of Christie and be stunned to lose again :D

They haven't figure out that the majority of this country are not Tea Hats... Hell the majority of Republicans think they're nuts.

--------------
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller
 Post Number: 15
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 4:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Sep. 25 2013, 7:49 am)
I will vote for whoever is running against Hillary

I may change my party affiliation just so I can vote against her in the primary

Wow!

To borrow an oft-repeated line from many here who defended Palin til the bitter end:
You guys just can't stand the thought of a powerful woman..."

Same same - except HC has a brain between her ears.  
Where Palin uses that space for storing her bumper stickers.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 5:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And pictures of Russia, from her picture window!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 17
tamarac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2013, 5:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sarah is busy running around out in the barn trying to catch the pigs to put lipstick on them. She can't be bothered with politics.

She lost her American flag earrings in the hay though.
 Post Number: 18
jcb Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 11:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Keep an eye on Sen Mark Warner from Virginia.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
 Post Number: 19
JimmyC Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

WE will be voting for OUR OWN president by then................... :;):

--------------

Trolls need love too...........
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 12:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If only that could be true!

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 21
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 1:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimmyC @ Sep. 26 2013, 11:40 am)
WE will be voting for OUR OWN president by then................... :;):

Perhaps.  But he will be seated in Mexico City.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 22
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 1:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sarah Palin as the Republican nominee.?  Boy, I sure hope so.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 8:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why do I dislike Hillary?  In short, I thinks she's a bitch.

Here are a few quotes to chew on...

Where is the G-damn f**king flag? I want the G-damn f**king flag up every f**king morning at f**king sunrise.” (From the book “Inside The White House” by Ronald Kessler, p. 244 – Hillary to the staff at the Arkansas Governor’s mansion on Labor Day, 1991)

“You sold out, you mother f**ker! You sold out!” (From the book “Inside” by Joseph Califano, p. 213 – Hillary yelling at Democrat lawyer.)

“It’s been said, and I think it’s accurate, that my husband was obsessed by terrorism in general and al-Qaida in particular.” (Hillary telling a post-9/11 world what a ‘great’ commander in chief her husband was; Dateline, NBC 4/16/2004.)

“I have to admit that a good deal of what my husband and I have learned [about Islam] has come from our daughter.” (TruthInMedia.org 8/8/1999 – Hillary at a White House function, proudly tells some Muslim groups she is gaining a greater appreciation of Islam because Chelsea was then taking a class on the “religion of peace”)

F**k off! It’s enough that I have to see you ****-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut.” (From the book “American Evita” by Christopher Anderson, p. 90 – Hillary to her State Trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with “Good morning.”

“You f**king idiot.” (From the book “Crossfire” p. 84 – Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event.)

“If you want to remain on this detail, get your f**king ass over here and grab those bags!” (From the book “The First Partner” p. 259 – Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident.)

“Get f**ked! Get the f**k out of my way!!! Get out of my face!!!”(From the book “Hillary’s Scheme” p. 89 – Hillary’s various comments to her Secret Service detail agents.)

“Stay the f**k back, stay the f**k away from me! Don’t come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I s ay, Okay!!!?” (From the book “Unlimited Access”, by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p. 139 – Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail.)

“Many of you are well enough off that [President Bush's] tax cuts may have helped you. We’re saying that for America to get back on track, we’re probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We’re going to have to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.” (Hillary grandstanding at a fund raising speech in San Francisco; SFGate.com 6/28/2004.)

“Why do I have to keep proving to people that I am not a liar?!”(From the book “The Survivor,” by John Harris, p. 382 – Hillary in her 2000 Senate campaign)

“Where’s the miserable c*ck sucker?” (From the book “The Truth About Hillary” by Edward Klein, p. 5 – Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer)

“No matter what you think about the Iraq war, there is one thing we can all agree on for the next days – we have to salute the courage and bravery of those who are risking their lives to vote and those brave Iraqi and American soldiers fighting to protect their right to vote.” (Was posted on Hillary Clinton’s senate.gov web site on 1/28/05)

“Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!” (From the book “Dereliction of Duty” p. 71-72 – Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while en route to Air Force One.)

A right-wing network was after his presidency…including perverting the Constitution.” (To Barbara Walters about the Republicans who impeached her husband; 20/20, ABC 6/8/2003.)

“What are you doing inviting these people into my home? These people are our enemies! They are trying to destroy us!” (From the book “The Survivor” by John Harris, p. 99 – Hillary screaming to an aide, when she found out that some Republicans had been invited to the White House)

“I mean, you’ve got a conservative and right-wing press presence with really nothing on the other end of the political spectrum.” (C-Span, 1/19/1997 – Hillary complains about the mainstream media, which are all conservatives in her opinion)

“Come on Bill, put your dick up! You can’t f**k her here!!” (From the book “Inside The White House” by Ronald Kessler, p. 243 – Hillary to Gov. Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female at an Arkansas political rally)

“You know, I’m going to start thanking the woman who cleans the restroom in the building I work in. I’m going to start thinking of her as a human being” (From the book “The Case Against Hillary Clinton” by Peggy Noonan, p. 55)

“You show people what you’re willing to fight for when you fight your friends.” (From the book “The Agenda” by Bob Woodward, ch. 14)

“We are at a stage in history in which remolding society is one of the great challenges facing all of us in the West.” (From the book “I’ve Always Been A Yankee Fan” by Thomas D. Kuiper, p 119 – During her 1993 commencement address at the University of Texas)

“The only way to make a difference is to acquire power” (From the book “I’ve Always Been A Yankee Fan” by Thomas D. Kuiper, p 68 – Hillary to a friend before starting law school.)

“We just can’t trust the American people to make those types of choices…. Government has to make those choices for people” (From the book “I’ve Always Been A Yankee Fan” by Thomas D. Kuiper, p 20 – Hillary to Rep. Dennis Hastert in 1993 discussing her expensive, disastrous taxpayer-funded health care plan)

“I am a fan of the social policies that you find in Europe” (From the book “I’ve Always Been A Yankee Fan” by Thomas D. Kuiper, p. 76 – Hillary in 1996)
 Post Number: 24
cweston Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 8:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm curious--what's so damning about this one?

“No matter what you think about the Iraq war, there is one thing we can all agree on for the next days – we have to salute the courage and bravery of those who are risking their lives to vote and those brave Iraqi and American soldiers fighting to protect their right to vote.” (Was posted on Hillary Clinton’s senate.gov web site on 1/28/05)

Also--she comes off an awful lot like LBJ in these quotes. He would certainly have agreed that the only way to effect change is to acquire power. I'm not unequivocally endorsing LBJ (much less Hillary Clinton, for that matter), but I think this kind of abrasive, overly-self-confidant demeanor is not all that rare in high-level politicians. Bill Clinton, despite being a pretty loathsome person in a lot of ways, had a very successful presidency. Jimmy Carter, in spite of being by all appearances a great person and role model, was a terrible president. And so on.
 Post Number: 25
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 8:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will gladly vote for Hillary.  IMO, she is the most qualified person to be POTUS.  

One thing Americans seem to have difficulty in remembering, is that our President has some influence on the bills Congress passes, but that it is ultimately Congress that determines the direction our country takes.  I am getting a bit tired of the constant bickering over the Nat'l Debt Limit, the budget wars, and other such items when it seems like the biggest obstacle is the whining O's wanting to introduce a clause to stop the ACA, even when they know they do not have the votes in the Senate, or the votes to override the obvious Presidential veto. ACA is passed, there are polls to show it is wanted by a plurality of Americans, and it is a step on the right direction towards bringing our medical expenses in line with the rest of the industrialized world.

Our next couple of Presidents need to take the ACA further towards Single Payer Universal Coverage.  Eventually, we will get there.  Once Americans have equal access to healthcare, we will wonder what took us so long.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 9:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Sep. 27 2013, 8:02 am)

She would be called strong willed if she was a man.

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 9:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jcb @ Sep. 27 2013, 7:26 am)

If Hillary were a man, she'd be Donald Trump.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Sep. 27 2013, 9:36 am)

(jcb @ Sep. 27 2013, 7:26 am)

If Hillary were a man, she'd be Donald Trump.

But with better hair.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 10:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Sep. 27 2013, 5:02 am)

[snip]

(Much, much) shorter Lamebeaver: "Hey, if it's in a right-wing e-mail, it must be true. So I'll just copy the whole thing and paste it here."

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 12:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yah, if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination I will gladly vote for her.

I would just like to see a younger person as our next President, fully involved in the world of the web and social media, with a strong appeal to students and under 40 Americans.  If that turns out not to be possible, Hillary will be a great alternative, and probably can win the national election.

But the whole election will be a regurgitation of the hatred for the Clintons, and will barely touch on any real national issues.  It would be so great if we didn't do that this time.  I realize the Party of NO will attack whomever gets nominated, it is just that they have so much more ammo to use on Hillary than on any other candidate.

What a country!

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
43 replies since Oct. 29 2008, 5:47 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 2016 Presidential Election
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions