2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Romney using projection as a tactic< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2012, 1:42 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OK so projection isn't something new of course but I thought it noteworthy that  Romney has
applied it to absurd levels this early on.

For example Romney recently accused Obama of being "out of touch"
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7404228n

Ya imagine that. Romney accusing anyone(doesn't matter that he charged specifically
Obama of being out of touch) of being out of touch.

Romney has also recently made an issue out of Obama's Harvard background even though Romney
has two degree from Harvard and 3 of his sons went to Harvard

http://www.thenation.com/blog....ucation

Then there is Romney's accusation that Obama wants to end essentially end medicare
as we know it which is totally false of course

http://thinkprogress.org/health....know-it

But Romney's endorsement of Paul Ryan's plan, which turns medicare into a voucher system
for those younger than 55, is far closer to ending medicare as we know it than his charge
that Obama wants to end medicare as we know it. So Romney accuses Obama of something
that is much closer to describing his own position.

Some nice quotes on what this is all about

Benjy Sarlin: "Running President Bush's campaigns, Karl Rove became famous for taking his
opponent's single biggest strength and turning it into his biggest weakness. Mitt Romney is
laying out another approach: taking his own top vulnerabilities and projecting them onto his
opponent."

He did it in a speech today: "Name an accusation Obama and Democrats have used against
Romney, and chances are you heard the same charge leveled against Obama in Romney's speech."

Steve Benen: "It's a basic idea we've all seen many times. A politician and his or her team
identify their biggest weaknesses and then start accusing their rival of being guilty of
that same thing. Mitt Romney seems eager to perfect this technique."

http://politicalwire.com/archive....gy.html

expect this to a core political stragety of Romney to hide his biggest weaknesses

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2012, 1:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, but Romeny paid for his Harvard education the old fashioned way.....his dad.

Who paid for Obama's education?  And did he pay in-state or out-of-state tuition, since he's not a US citizen?
 Post Number: 3
atvtuner Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2012, 10:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Apr. 07 2012, 1:21 pm)
Yes, but Romeny paid for his Harvard education the old fashioned way.....his dad.

Who paid for Obama's education?  And did he pay in-state or out-of-state tuition, since he's not a US citizen?

Prove the load in that loaded question.

You can't.

--------------
"A land ethic, then, reflects the existence of an ecological conscience, and this in turn reflects a conviction of individual responsibility for the health of the land."

--Aldo Leopold
 Post Number: 4
muttpacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2012, 12:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The fact is that Romney needed Santorum.  Not the frothy poopy bit, but the guy who was willing to call gays things like "animals."  It made Mitt look electable, and at the same time, not-a-douche.  Now that he's going to have to continue to court the freaky fringe AND run against Obama, he's a little screwed.

Let's face it.  Romney really is the Republican Kerry.  In virtually every way.  All Obama's election team needs to do is look at what Karl Rove did to Kerry and change the name in the copy.  The swift boat thing notwithstanding, it'll be karmic justice on the highest level.  You take a guy that seems perfectly capable of running the free world, so long as you ignore all the crap he said to keep the freaks in line, and you do exactly as Rove prescribed.  Karma is a bitch with whom one should not tinker.

Hell, Ham Rove would do as his campaign manager.  I'm guessin' the Democrats have tapes or dvd's or something...  If it weren't political speech they should earn a charge of plagiarism.  But it IS political speech, and Karl Rove's gonna be PISSED to have to sit and watch it.  I can almost see some color coming to his face as he realizes that he's watching an ad he had written for Bush...

Mitt has to try SOMETHING!

Sweet, sweet irony.

--------------
Ignorant is temporary.  Stupid is permanent.  Choosing to be ignorant is stupid.
 Post Number: 5
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2012, 1:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Apr. 07 2012, 11:21 am)
And did he pay in-state or out-of-state tuition, since he's not a US citizen?

I get the joke, but just to clarify, Harvard is a private university.  There is no "in-state" or "out-of-state" tuition there.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2012, 12:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At least for undergrad

Harvard bases tuition on their definition of need

In short, they say that if they want you, they will work out the $$$

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 7
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2012, 1:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 12 2012, 9:20 am)
At least for undergrad
Harvard bases tuition on their definition of need
In short, they say that if they want you, they will work out the $$$

No, they, as well as the other Ivies, base their admission decision on the basis of "need blind" and then will aid in solving the finances. Which may include grants but also may simply be help in filling out the forms that will results in indebtedness clearing 200,000 dollars for the 4 years....

But it remains that except for certain professional schools like Penn's vet school that is significantly state supported, the private institutions don't do the "in-state" thing for determining the tuition bill.
 Post Number: 8
muttpacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2012, 8:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This thread has the attention span of my dogs.

Was that a ball?

Speaking of balls...

--------------
Ignorant is temporary.  Stupid is permanent.  Choosing to be ignorant is stupid.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2012, 11:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

More projection from Romney

I know the president likes to attack fellow Americans. He's always looking for a scapegoat, particularly
those (who) have been successful like my dad," Romney said. "I'm not going to rise to that. This is a time
for us to solve problems. This is not a time for us to be attacking people, we should be attacking problems.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs....79.html

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2012, 2:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

the examples of projection from Romney never seem to end

Romney slammed Obama for running a "campaign based on falsehood and dishonesty,"
insisting it won't have "long legs" this fall.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs....24.html

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2012, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm going to stay awhile with contemplation of what could have been in those 23 years of tax returns Mitt showed McCain that could have possibly made Sarah Palin the more attractive political asset?

#themindboggles
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2012, 2:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe it has something to do with the following

http://www.vanityfair.com/politic....ccounts

--------------
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2012, 10:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and the massive projection continues

"In the political environment that exists today, the opposition research of the Obama campaign is looking for
anything they can use to distract from the failure of the president to reignite our economy," Romney told Costa.
"And I'm simply not enthusiastic about giving them hundreds or thousands of more pages to pick through, distort
and lie about."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs....01.html

This is the same hypocrite whose campaign quoted Obama quoting McCain but didn't show the context
showing Obama quoting McCain thus giving the impression it was Obama's own words.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2012, 5:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well he may be projecting, but he also seem to be channeling as well - channeling Leona Helmsley.

"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes..."
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012, 7:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and the projection never ends

"Today, the race for the highest office in our land was diminished to a sad level when the
Vice President of the United States used an anonymous and false quote from a foreign
newspaper to prop up their flailing campaign," Williams said in a statement emailed to
reporters. The spokesman charged that Biden—who did not cite the specific quotation—had
"advanced a falsehood" and accused him of trying "to divert voters' attention with specious
shiny objects."

"We have more faith in American voters, and know they will see this latest desperate ploy
for what it is," Williams predicted.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs....46.html

No the Romney campaign doesn't have faith in the American voters unless its the kind of
faith that assumes they will be so ignorant that they will be easily duped by Romney ads
that advance the falsehoods

A) that Obama said if you build your business you didn't built that(when he the real quote
clearly shows he was talking about "roads and bridges")

B) that Obama said "If we keep talking about the economy, we're going to lose." when it
was Obama quoting what McCain said

and on and on and on.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 09 2012, 3:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How this for mind boggling Romney hypocrisy and projection

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50....-in-ads

http://www.foxnews.com/us....erision

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa....ry.html

Romney really has to have some chutzpah to make such charges

--------------
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2012, 1:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Massive example of projection from Romney

(CBS News) Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said the initial decision by Democrats
to remove the word "God" from their party platform shows how "out of touch" and "extreme"
they've become.

"I think their having removed purposefully 'God' from their platform suggests a party that is
increasingly out of touch with the mainstream of American people," Romney said in a televised
interview with Fox News correspondent Carl Cameron. "I think this party is veering further
and further away into an extreme wing that Americans don't recognize."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50....extreme

I think its pretty obvious to anyone following politics within the last 3-5 years that the
GOP is far and away the more extreme party of the two as I've gone into great detail about
before(Bill Clinton did a good job highlighting that point_

There is no doubt to me that some advisor told him to say that.

--------------
 Post Number: 18
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2012, 2:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ya know who paid for Ryan's education?

Social security.  That's right.  Ryan's dad died when he was kid and he immediately began receiving social security benefits which his family didn't need to live on because they made lots of money as government contractors.  So Ryan saved the social security benefits and used them to pay his college expenses.
 Post Number: 19
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2012, 11:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was a dumb political move of Dems to remove the word God from the platform....and their re-insertion voice-vote process was material for a SNL skit.

But, since Mitt is highlighting the issue, he may open himself up to a "..well, if you believe God  belongs in the platform, let's discuss God a little more..".  

If a candidate believes God belongs in a party platform, then his/her supporters, including the conservative Christians, should understand that candidates views about God, such as what God looks like, if  he was once a man, where God lives, who are God's parents, etc....

If the candidates views pretty much reflect those of those conservative Christians, then no problem...but, if they don't, as someone who grew up in an evangelical church, son of a church Elder, I promise you they ain't gonna be happy.

I was thinking (erroneously) that Mitt would be very happy if God discussions stayed out of the campaign.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 06 2012, 11:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Today's platform changes restore the language that was used in the Democratic Party's 2008 platform, which uses the word "God" in this context:

"We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.""

Romney wanted THAT statement of government activism back in? Good for him.
 Post Number: 21
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 07 2012, 9:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Sep. 06 2012, 10:17 pm)
Good for him.

No...
"God" for him. But not your "God", his "God", the one who "evolved".
But, then again, not your "God", 'cause your "God" is some other "God" - but "Good" for you. Or "God".

Where was I?

Oh yeah. "God" for him, "Good" for you, "Buddha" for those who can stand him, "Yahweh" for "sidecurls" over there, "Mohammad" for, uh, those other guys over there, "Brahma" for...

But, okay, you get the idea...or do you?

You do, don't you? Huh? Hey, are you awake? Try to pay attention here!
 Post Number: 22
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 07 2012, 10:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Sep. 06 2012, 1:33 pm)
Ya know who paid for Ryan's education?

Social security.  That's right.  Ryan's dad died when he was kid and he immediately began receiving social security benefits which his family didn't need to live on because they made lots of money as government contractors.  So Ryan saved the social security benefits and used them to pay his college expenses.

That argument is a bit of a double-edged sword.

On the one hand it underscores the rank hypocrisy of Paul Ryan and the Republican "government is the problem" narrative, but OTOH the education it provided gave us ... Paul Ryan  :;):

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think Romney is going to try and lie like hell. What is the indicator?

Massive projection in the following

“But I think the challenge that I’ll have in the debate is that the president tends to,
how shall I say it, to say things that aren’t true,” Romney said, adding, “I’ve looked at
prior debates. And in that kind of case, it’s difficult to say, “Well, am I going to spend
my time correcting things that aren’t quite accurate? Or am I going to spend my time talking
about the things I want to talk about?”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81212.html

--------------
 Post Number: 24
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 9:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bestest irony yet

After going on and on about the Katrina waivers he actually voted against them

Weird huh?

http://www.senate.gov/legisla....e=00181

Also forgot to mention the BILLIONS of dollars spent to rebuild NO

But it is just politics

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
23 replies since Apr. 07 2012, 1:42 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Romney using projection as a tactic
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions