2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Romney Won Because..., Hey, it's only fair....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 2:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Because during he debate, he faced the camera and said: "You want food stamps? Vote for my opponent. You want a good job so you can support your family without food stamps? Vote for me." And America believed him.
Oh, and two more sucky employment reports, including one just a few days before the election didn''t hurt, either....

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 2:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You aren't sulking because you and Romney are both Mormon, are you? :)

A lot can happen between now and the election. Romney still has a lot of money, and there's always the chance that people will start changing their minds.

Let's face it: Romney gets a lot of money from the government - more than most people. Maybe he should change his campaign motto to "Romney/Ryan - we suck at the government tit too!"

But the most likely reason to attach to your "favorite phrase" is "because there are a hell of a lot of stupid people out there." I'm awed by the number who still think the Romney/Ryan ticket would be good for this country - go figure.
 Post Number: 3
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 2:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yet I'm sure House Speaker Boehner would respond, "Show me in the Constitution where the President has power over the national economy?".

OBTW? Reminding people of that "47%" silliness isn't all that winning a move. No matter how much his base wriggles their butt when he repeats it.

While the President can respond by asking for a glance at this plot ( Obama may be a job creator after all of improving employment ever since the "previous administration" back to whose policies (in spades) Romney wants to go, while also piling on another MidEast WAR by invading Iran. )

Though my preference is for this one:
Here's The One Unemployment Chart Obama Will Use To Win Reelection

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-01....4kmWjMH

Which I feel highlights the policy differences more starkly.
 Post Number: 4
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 2:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The problem is that when Romney uses that line Obama will remind the audience that Romney's foreign policy is to help the private sector move jobs overseas and then he will say "how's that worked for you over the last 20 years folks?"
 Post Number: 5
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 3:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney won because ...
Voter suppression & fraud worked better than expected.

Romney won because ...
The "zingers" memorized by Mitt for the debates worked better than expected.

Romney won because ...
The American voting public is even more dumb and misinformed than previously thought.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 6
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 3:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Oct. 01 2012, 12:47 pm)
You aren't sulking because you and Romney are both Mormon, are you? :)

Sulking? I don't drop by here much anymore for reasons that I have explained in other posts, but checking out the board, couldn't help but notice the "Why Romney lost" thread.  Well, in case you hadn't noticed, it's by no means a sure thing for the Obamanator-almost every poll is within the margin of error.
So if he does win, why will you think he did, or is the possibility not even something you are willing to contemplate?

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 7
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(buzzards @ Oct. 01 2012, 1:08 pm)
-almost every poll is within the margin of error.

Which polls are you looking at, exactly?

The Electoral College Map--which is the one that matters--and pretty much all the polls it's based on, aren't looking pretty for Romney at this point.

Provide a link or few if you're seeing numbers that contradict that.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 3:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Because many of the people voting for him don't understand the difference between "47 Americans" and "47% of Americans".

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 9
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 3:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

...and because the rest of the folks who voted for him don't realize he really thinks it's "97%" instead of "47%".

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 10
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 3:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh,I think Romney has a chance of wining. Although it looks like he is out of the race right now, the debates might help him refocus his campaign and turn things around.

He has a tough road ahead though.  He has to draw his winning votes from just 53% of the voters while Obama can seek his winning votes from 100% of the voters.

I can hear the election eve tv ads now...."100% of you deserve a president that cares about you, whether or not you agree with his policies..."
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 4:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“Mitt Romney has spent the past two months memorizing spontaneous comebacks.”
 Post Number: 12
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Because he's not black?
 Post Number: 13
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 4:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If Romney wins the reason will be clear. Hell froze over.
 Post Number: 14
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 1:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Because he's being endorsed by John Elway.
 Post Number: 15
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Oct. 02 2012, 10:18 am)

Was it John Elway, or his brother Otnay?

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 16
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 2:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney will win, because of the economy.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 17
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 2:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll get food stamps just for voting Obama?
Who new?
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 2:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ Oct. 02 2012, 12:54 pm)

I though Otnay was Omneyray's brother ... or was it Ebowtray?

--------------
 Post Number: 19
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 2:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Drift Woody @ Oct. 02 2012, 11:32 am)

(TehipiteTom @ Oct. 02 2012, 12:54 pm)

I though Otnay was Omneyray's brother ... or was it Ebowtray?

Omneyray is definitely Otnay Ellway...so, for that matter, is anyone who votes for him.  Otnay is kind of like Spartacus.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ Oct. 02 2012, 1:52 pm)
Otnay is kind of like Spartacus.

He wouldn't exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

--------------
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012, 3:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought his arriving in a Bentley was a nice touch. It being an outsourced car these days and all.
 Post Number: 22
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 10:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Poor turnout from Democrat voters. The ol' "we got this in the bag" syndrome.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 23
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 11:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If Romney wins it will be because of a combination of Voter Suppression, Big Money,
weak economy,low voter turnout and the electorate being  indoctrinated/misinformed  
by right-wing  propaganda.

The first one, voter suppression, is turning out to be not as important given
recent court rulings but there has been a fairly large marketing effort on the
right to convince people that they can't vote without ID so even in the cases
where those voter ID laws have been thrown out, there might still be a some damage

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 24
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Oct. 01 2012, 2:48 pm)
Yet I'm sure House Speaker Boehner would respond, "Show me in the Constitution where the President has power over the national economy?".

OBTW? Reminding people of that "47%" silliness isn't all that winning a move. No matter how much his base wriggles their butt when he repeats it.

While the President can respond by asking for a glance at this plot ( Obama may be a job creator after all of improving employment ever since the "previous administration" back to whose policies (in spades) Romney wants to go, while also piling on another MidEast WAR by invading Iran. )

Though my preference is for this one:
Here's The One Unemployment Chart Obama Will Use To Win Reelection

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-01....4kmWjMH

Which I feel highlights the policy differences more starkly.

Unfortunately none of that is true. Obama has a net job loss record, not job creation. If he did, the unemployment record wouldn't be over 8% still, and in reality its around 15% because millions of people have dropped out of the job market and arent counted anymore. Thats actually been the only saving grace for Obama, and its a bad thing!
Also, Romney has no plans to go to war with Iran, thats propaganda.

This 47% gaffe that Romney made isnt that big a deal, and certainly isnt as bad as what Obama said in the new video that the media suppressed for 4 years now, where Obama lies about blacks in New Orleans not getting financial help by Bush, simply because they are black, in fact they got more money than New York and Miami combined, about 148 billion dollars and the requirements that Obama claimed weren't lifted for them, were actually lifted for 16 months!

So Obama was playing dishonest, divisive racial politics, which is normal for the Dems to lie to blacks and Latinos to scare them into voting, yet then they do nothing to make the lives of minorities better! In fact, the stats prove that the black unemployment rate is about 15% now! They have 50% drop out rates in many/most cities, and about 50% in Ca(liberal state), so the left's policies have achieved their goal...To keep minorities in victimhood!
 Post Number: 25
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, the things I've missed by not watching FOX News, Thanks Hammer, fresh meat, well maybe some kind of old stinky meat.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CharlesTheHammer said

Unfortunately none of that is true. Obama has a net job loss record, not job creation.
[/quote

In the year following Obama's inauguration, the U.S. economy lost about 4.3 million jobs.
But new figures released Thursday show 4.4 million jobs have been added back since then.

http://money.cnn.com/2012....ex.html

and that is a remarkable stat considering that the economy that was handed to Obama was
the worst since the depression and Republicans have been engaging in unprecedented
filibustering

Going to call that an unreliable "liberal" source?

CharlesTheHammer said
[quote]
If hedid, the unemployment record wouldn't be over 8% still, and in reality its around 15% because
millions of people have dropped out of the job market and arent counted anymore.

That 15% # uses what is called the U6 and by that measure the unemployment rate
would be higher for every president.

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CharlesTheHammer said

This 47% gaffe that Romney made isnt that big a deal, and certainly isnt as bad as what
Obama said in the new video that the media suppressed for 4 years now, where Obama lies
about blacks in New Orleans not getting financial help by Bush, simply because they are
black, in fact they got more money than New York and Miami combined, about 148 billion
dollars and the requirements that Obama claimed weren't lifted for them, were actually
lifted for 16 months!

LOL!! I see you're well indoctrinated in the latest FOX/right-wing talking points given
that you think and certainly isnt as bad as what Obama said in the new video that the
media suppressed for 4 years now, where Obama lies about blacks in New Orleans not getting
financial help by Bush

That video you are referring to is OLD news. Tucker Carlsen broke that on MSNBC 5
years ago.

The idea that is more damaging that Romney's 47% gaffe is absurd. Polls have clearly
show that hurts Romney but you no doubt have been indoctrinated to think those polls
are liberally biased.

You know you make a lot of allegations about Obama lying but no specifics with
reliable sources

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Also, Romney has no plans to go to war with Iran, thats propaganda."

He lied in the primary debates? Some of that Etch a Sketching his manager promised us?
 Post Number: 29
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 3:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney won because Republicans have been uber-successful in demonizing critical thinking. Rape me again mine fuhrer.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
28 replies since Oct. 01 2012, 2:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Romney Won Because...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions