2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Obama sucked at debate, was it  altitude sickness?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
davela Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 11:30 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow,right off the opening i knew this was gonna be a stinker.O's demeanor seemed really tired.Someone said maybe he didnt have time to adjust to the altitude and was impacted by it.He was docile and defensive.It was embarrassing to watch.Ten mins was enough torture for me.
No mention of the 47%,Cayman Islands,Offshoring,Obamneycare.

Im sure O will be much better prepared next time.If not,welcome a wall st terrorist to the WH.

--------------

Protect Greater Canyonlands!

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 11:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well I don't think I would go so far as saying he sucked but he certainly could
have been far more aggressive(there were a lot of false or misleading statements
said by Romney that he could have pointed out by never did which is ironic given
the narrative Romney tried to promulgate about facts and telling the truth) going
after Romney.

Like I already said in another thread, I think it was a stylistic calculation Obama
and his advisors made to be cool and not be rattled which translated into being to
passive

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 11:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The fact checkers are going to rip Romney apart. He hasn't adapted well to the era of having to actually tell the truth and go on from there.
 Post Number: 4
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Oct. 03 2012, 11:44 pm)
The fact checkers are going to rip Romney apart. He hasn't adapted well to the era of having to actually tell the truth and go on from there.

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"? These are the same people who never bother to check the so called "facts" that are thrown out their by the MSM or the Democratic party though?

These are the same "truth tellers" who allow Obama to say anything, no matter how dishonest it is.

People in the left wing elite, ie. the MSM, the left wing web sites, etc, are not in the business of telling us the truth, they are only in the business of advancing their ideology(at any cost)

They have fought hard to prevent simple ID's being used at polling places, even though Americans have to use ID's every day for MUCH less important things than voting. They will use this lack of ID's in states like Pa to take advantage of the 700,000 non-ID voters to send their lackeys from poll place to polling place to repeatedly vote under different names, or they will use illegal immigrants, or they will use the tactic that got Al Franken elected, convicted felons! Combine that with liberal judges who will further corrupt the system by refusing to allow recounts or refusing to allow any investigations into voter fraud, etc.

Remember the Dems and Reps shut down Acorn due to, oh, about 400,000 illegally registered voters they tried to shove through! That and repeated corruption at Acorn offices.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CharlesTheHammer @ Oct. 04 2012, 12:22 am)

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"? These are the same people who never bother to check the so called "facts" that are thrown out their by the MSM or the Democratic party though?

These are the same "truth tellers" who allow Obama to say anything, no matter how dishonest it is.

People in the left wing elite, ie. the MSM, the left wing web sites, etc, are not in the business of telling us the truth, they are only in the business of advancing their ideology(at any cost)

They have fought hard to prevent simple ID's being used at polling places, even though Americans have to use ID's every day for MUCH less important things than voting. They will use this lack of ID's in states like Pa to take advantage of the 700,000 non-ID voters to send their lackeys from poll place to polling place to repeatedly vote under different names, or they will use illegal immigrants, or they will use the tactic that got Al Franken elected, convicted felons! Combine that with liberal judges who will further corrupt the system by refusing to allow recounts or refusing to allow any investigations into voter fraud, etc.

Remember the Dems and Reps shut down Acorn due to, oh, about 400,000 illegally registered voters they tried to shove through! That and repeated corruption at Acorn offices.

The leftist mainstream was honest and critical of his lousy performance something you rarely see on Faux News when when promoting their puppet du jour.

As for fact checking wasnt it the RNC that hired/fired a company that was busted this week for registering phony voters?

--------------

Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CharlesTheHammer said

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"? These are the same people who never bother to
check the so called "facts" that are thrown out their by the MSM or the Democratic party though?

Is there not one talking point/narrative you don't barf up? This idea that the factcheckers
is "left-wing" not only is a standard right-wing Republican talking point but this was
essentially something a Romney advisor said specifically. What do you go home at night
and memorize the RNC/Romney talking points?

CharlesTheHammer said

People in the left wing elite, ie. the MSM, the left wing web sites, etc, are not in the business of
telling us the truth, they are only in the business of advancing their ideology(at any cost)

and "left-wing" to you would be politifact or factcheck.org?

Tell me what sources you use specifically that are more reliable?

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CharlesTheHammer @ Oct. 03 2012, 9:22 pm)

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"? These are the same people who never bother to check the so called "facts" that are thrown out their by the MSM or the Democratic Party.

That's rather sad. When numbers are incorrect it's not as if there's a need for bias. Just arithmetic.

Like when the inanity of someone demanding "the government" be kept "out" of their Medicare is pointed out. Because, you see, Medicare is a federal "government" program...
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CharlesTheHammer said

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"? These are the same people who never bother to
They have fought hard to prevent simple ID's being used at polling places, even though
Americans have to use ID's every day for MUCH less important things than voting. They
will use this lack of ID's in states like Pa to take advantage of the 700,000 non-ID voters
to send their lackeys from poll place to polling place to repeatedly vote under different
names, or they will use illegal immigrants, or they will use the tactic that got Al Franken elected, convicted felons! Combine that with liberal judges who will further corrupt the system by refusing to allow recounts or refusing to allow any investigations into voter fraud, etc.

OMG you think Franken didn't win his race fair and square? LOL!!

Listen we have killed to death this issue of voter ID here

You're such a sucker for Right-wing spin. Voter fraud is essentially a myth. In Pennsylvanie
for example, the Republican pushing voter IDs couldn't find ONE example of voter fraud.
In Florida, they just found one and indications are he was probably a Republican.

WE've documented over and over again in this forum how laughable the charge of voter
fraud is yet yahoos like you keep on barfing up this right-wing myth

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess this stupid "Acorn" talking point is just like the "liberal media",
Freddie/Fannie, "George Soros","Saul ALinksy", etc,, talking points

Its never going to die despite it being a stupid dishonest talking point

Meanwhile what do conservatives know about Nathan Sproul?

Pretty damn ironic

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 12:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In the recent Pennsylvania case? "In response to the ACLU suit Pennsylvania officials admitted in court documents that they do not have one shred of evidence of significant voter fraud in the state.

“There have been no investigations of prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states,” according to official state papers sent to the court."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion....IqIKFfP
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 1:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey CharlesTheHammer

Note that HSF even linked FOX news for you

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 1:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Oct. 03 2012, 10:00 pm)
Hey CharlesTheHammer

Note that HSF even linked FOX news for you

I thought I'd stretch a hand across the bumpersticker so to speak.

#SarcasticGesture
 Post Number: 13
Bateauxdriver Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 4:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The debates really don't matter. Even if Romney were to start telling the truth it won't matter. The GOP is dead in its current form. They are old, white and dying. In 2016/2020 Texas, yes Texas will be a swing state.  As stated by Pat Bucannan, when Texas goes due to changing demographics, it's the final coffin nail of the GOP in its current form.
Time for a third party that supports less government. The two part system is failed.
Vote for Gary Johnson. He by the way will deliver Ohio and Pennsylvania to Obama.
We Liberterians don't have to win to change the course, we can do so with the message of denying the White House to the GOP until they move towards less government instead of just claiming to want less government.
 Post Number: 14
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 5:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mitt talked about his plans

Obama talked about his Grandma

Even Bill Maher now believes Barry needs a teleprompter

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 15
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 6:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Obama's record speaks for it's self.

How can you debate such a horrible record?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 16
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 7:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dennis The Menace
Like I already said in another thread, I think it was a stylistic calculation Obama
and his advisors made to be cool and not be rattled which translated into being to
passive

I agree. Obama prodded Romney to give the fact checkers a lot of ammunition. Romney will have no choice but to get even more specific now. As he gets more specific, Obama and his attack ads have more to work with.

I think that this was Obama's strategy too.
 Post Number: 17
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 8:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"?

"Reality has a well known liberal bias."
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 8:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Oct. 04 2012, 8:00 am)

Do you mean the left wing "fact checkers"?

"Reality has a well known liberal bias."

Yours sure does :laugh:

My favorite part of the Romney plan.....ask yourself if the next new program is worth borrowing money from China to pay for

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 8:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Oct. 04 2012, 7:20 am)
Dennis The Menace
passive

I agree. Obama prodded Romney to give the fact checkers a lot of ammunition. Romney will have no choice but to get even more specific now. As he gets more specific, Obama and his attack ads have more to work with.

To be fair, I think it is hard to defend your policies when you do not really understand them :)

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 20
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep.  Sucked big time.

But voters, I believe, have a strong mistrust of Romney, and he did nothing to dispel that perception.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 21
kyle2193 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 9:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think Obama underestimated Romney. I have zero support for Romney and >zero support for Obama. However, Romney was a governor and his experience showed there. He is far more talented than McCain was and it shows.
It will be interesting to see how Obama rebounds.

--------------
If I cannot swear in heaven I shall not stay there.
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 22
Bateauxdriver Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 9:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney revealed that he wants to cut PBS and fire Big Bird. That is what we learned about his plan from the debate. Three days from now the mostly brain dead voters will have forgotten blink counts, who looked down too much and Romney's attacks.

The point is did the debate change voters minds? My answer is very little. From my vantage point I see very little difference between them. They are both big government hawks.
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 4:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah but Obama wants to regulate the people trying to poison you while Romney wants to regulate the people wanting to MARRY you. Which puts Mitt to the right of Orrin Hatch of all people.
 Post Number: 24
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 8:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I felt bad for Michelle Obama because it was their 20 year wedding anniversary.

I dont know about you guys, but most if not all girls hold those kind of things to heart and look to such things.

I hope Obama made up for it.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 10:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 04 2012, 9:26 am)
I think Obama underestimated Romney. I have zero support for Romney and >zero support for Obama. However, Romney was a governor and his experience showed there. He is far more talented than McCain was and it shows.

I disagree.Obama was awol.Romney pouted nonsense which should have been rebutted by his record of  offshoring of jobs,his vulture capital firm,his offshore investing in Cayman Islands,Swiss bank accounts and investing in anything but the USA,stating in his wall st journal op-ed piece that he would have let gm,chrysler fail,his 47% remark.All this ammo that Obama suddenly forgot to use against this wall st terrorist.Romney is the antithesis of the middle class.

--------------

Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 10:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rachel Maddow did a historical analysis of 1st debates between the incumbent president
and the Challenger in the television age. Turns out only ONE time(out of 6 examples) did
an incumbent president win(based on polling data) against the challenger since debates
have been televised and that Was Clinton over Dole in 96.

Edit: For those wondering. There were no Presidential debates between Democrats
and Republicans for the years 1964,1968 and 1972.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....es#1960

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2012, 8:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dems need to fret a little less. Mitt was going to have a good week or two during this campaign. The entire show is built on the shifting sand of etch a sketch lies.

Obama set out not to engage, to say what he was going to say and leave mittens trying to reel him in. This was wrong. Backfired completely.

But as long as we see thing go a little differently next time it'll all just be a footnote. It may actually be good for dem turnout to have a remotely competitive mittens because up until Wednesday his campaign has a been a joke.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2012, 8:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(davela @ Oct. 04 2012, 10:35 pm)

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 04 2012, 9:26 am)

I disagree.Obama was awol.Romney pouted nonsense which should have been rebutted by his record of  offshoring of jobs,his vulture capital firm,his offshore investing in Cayman Islands,Swiss bank accounts and investing in anything but the USA,stating in his wall st journal op-ed piece that he would have let gm,chrysler fail,his 47% remark.All this ammo that Obama suddenly forgot to use against this wall st terrorist.Romney is the antithesis of the middle class.

Actually I think Obama avoided saying those things because he would then have to allow Mitt to rebut them (easily) in front of 70 million viewers

The President is much better at hurling accusations at his opponent in front of a group of adoring trained seals

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 29
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2012, 8:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The disturbing thing for me is that you have a leader running for election, who after getting trounced in 2008, thinks you can say and do anything, lie through your teeth to first the GOP then America as a whole, and suffer no consequences.

Sure there's political spin, but its clear mittens even contradicts himself almost every time he speaks.

When did conservatives develop such contempt for Americans?
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2012, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Oct. 04 2012, 7:20 am)
Dennis The Menace
passive

They do not need much.....when in doubt they make stuff up

http://washingtonexaminer.com/no-romn....2509736

"Its authors -- one of whom is a recent Obama employee -- have subsequently admitted that in the absence of details about Romney's tax plan, they simply made them up. They also admitted their numbers came out wrong because they guessed which tax breaks Romney would eliminate and which ones were "off the table."

--------------

Thomas Sowell
37 replies since Oct. 03 2012, 11:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Obama sucked at debate
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions