2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: R's criticize lack of security at Benghazi embassy, after voting to cut funding for it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 06 2012, 3:43 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Who's to blame for the Sept. 11 attack on the US consulate in Benghazi?

If you believe Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz, the answer is the State Department. He complained in an interview with The Daily Beast yesterday that US guards were replaced with Libyan nationals in the months before the attack.

"The fully trained Americans who can deal with a volatile situation were reduced in the six months leading up to the attacks," he told the website. "When you combine that with the lack of commitment to fortifying the physical facilities, you see a pattern.

Since retaking control in 2010, House Republicans have aggressively cut spending at the State Department in general and embassy security in particular. Chaffetz and Issa and their colleagues voted to pay for far less security than the State Department requested in 2011 and again this year.
Link

No, this isn't from The Onion. It's real-world hypocrisy, so blatant it would be laughable if not for the tragedy.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
yosemitefan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 06 2012, 4:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oops... posted this in the wrong thread
 Post Number: 3
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 06 2012, 7:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't see this as much different than what Republicans have been doing over and over
again since Obama has been president. The stimulus was a great example. Republicans voting
against it and bashing it over and over but then many of those same Republicans then either
took credit for some aspect of the Stimulus in their local media when they came back to
their home districts and/or asked for more stimulus money. Paul Ryan was one of those.

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 4
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2012, 3:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Think of me for what I say, not how I vote. Deceitful hpocrites are everywhere, but they sure seem to be crawling out from under rocks on the right side of the spectrum more and more every day.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 5
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2012, 6:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does anyone read the articles they post?

"Is that responsible for the tragedy in Benghazi? Probably not"

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 6
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2012, 7:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Oct. 08 2012, 5:46 am)
Does anyone read the articles they post?

"Is that responsible for the tragedy in Benghazi? Probably not"

You miss the point entirely, as usual.

This isn't about blaming Chaffetz, et al, for the attack; it's about Chaffetz blaming the State Department for lack of security after Chaffetz voted to de-fund their security. It's the hypocrisy of the blame game Chaffetz is playing to exploit the tragedy for political gain -- you know, like Romney's idiotic remarks immediately after our ambassador was killed.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
5 replies since Oct. 06 2012, 3:43 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply R's criticize lack of security at Benghazi embassy
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions