2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: lance armstrong+romney=2 sociopathic frauds< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
davela Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 12:20 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lance Armstrong is a cheat (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA....mstrong)who cheated his way to the top.
He also started his Livestrong charity to help  his image and keep the heat off his cheating.Its all over for him.I always thought this guy  was a real dbag for starting his charity-it was obvious pr.Now that charity will go bust and many lives will be hurt by LA's arrogance and hubris.I knew this disaster was inevitable.What an a hole.

Romney will lie/flip-flop to get whatever he wants(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012....80.html).He  is a job and nation destroyer.Romney like Armsttrong, uses a cover to hide his evil,Mormonism.There is a nothing Christian about how mitts makes a living-just the opposite in fact.

Both these repulsive characters are sociopaths plodding along with enough gall to fill the Titanic  to try to tell us that they are good people.

Why and how these creeps get placed on a pedestal and remain there long after they are  exposed is the saddest  commentary.

--------------

Protect Greater Canyonlands!

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 12:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

C'mon, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

The Titanic is full of water ain't it?  ???
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 12:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mitts has switched from being prolife to pro choice and back  to prolife again in less than 24 hours.

"The Romney campaign walked back the remark within two hours of the Register posting its story. Spokeswoman Andrea Saul told National Review Online's Katrina Trinko that Romney "would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections for life."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012....80.html

--------------

Post Number: 4
kyle2193 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 1:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A majority of American's believe in ghosts, so forgive me if I don't take 26 people at their word. Especially if they have any incentive to lie.

--------------
If I cannot swear in heaven I shall not stay there.
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 5
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 3:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"He also started his Livestrong charity to help  his image and keep the heat off his cheating"

Do you know that as a fact or is it just something you like to believe ?
As for cheating I will let other professional riders comment on that .
 Post Number: 6
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 4:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not that I believe lance Armstrong is innocent.
It was known during the last Tour De France that George Hincapie was going to retire after having testified about his involvement.
He had nothing to gain and all to lose from that, what I meant is that even after that came out I heard no comments from Lance Armstrong rivals
Why ?
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 4:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

An egomaniac has endless hubris and knows no bounds nor their own fallibility.
LA,GW Bush come to mind.
Think of what type of mind it takes to start a charity knowing that it will be devastated if the illegal activity you have knowingly engaged in will not only destroy your  reputation but that of the foundation that is inextricably linked to you.That takes a lot of nerve to say the least.
Lance has been banned for life from cycling.Almost no reaction from LA on that.He didnt contest that on good advice from his lawyer.He said the accusations were nameless and tried to bluff or dare the  usada to give up names.The usada called LA's bluff and has provided 11 names of fellow athletes.

--------------

Post Number: 8
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 7:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You guys are pretty naive if you think Armstrong wasn't doping. Hincapie just admitted to it yesterday, not that this was any big surprise either.
 Post Number: 9
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It isn't as if Lance was riding against an entire peleton clean of drugs.  Anyone who kept close was, in all likelihood, doing something similar.  I only say this because I happen to think he was a great rider, and won those races riding against others who were also cheating.

Was it wrong?  Of course.  Should we be so upset that we are comparing him to any politician?  Nope.  This is the world of sports, and in the world of professional bike racing, doping is the way.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 10
bill g Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 10:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why did all those who testified against Lance get 6 month suspensions rather than the 2 years required? Lance still passed all those tests. The only thing we know is that there are more admitted dopers and liars that Lance used to ride with. Still no evidence that Lance doped.

--------------
you don't know what you got till it's gone
 Post Number: 11
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 10:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Meh. Who didn't just assume he and everyone was doping when he was winning all those races? They can take away his titles but can't take away his 125 million dollars. Well maybe some of it in lawyer fees and what not, which is maybe why he quit fighting it.
 Post Number: 12
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 10:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ Oct. 11 2012, 10:19 am)
Meh. Who didn't just assume he and everyone was doping when he was winning all those races? They can take away his titles but can't take away his 125 million dollars. Well maybe some of it in lawyer fees and what not, which is maybe why he quit fighting it.

He may have defrauded the gov't when he was part of the USPS team... so, yeah, they could take his money.

BTW, I find it interesting that the OP was about Romney and Armstrong, and all the subsequent posts are only about Armstrong!

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 13
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 10:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, because it's a scientific fact that Romney is a fraud.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 10:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Oct. 11 2012, 7:36 am)
You guys are pretty naive if you think Armstrong wasn't doping. Hincapie just admitted to it yesterday, not that this was any big surprise either.

What you thinking is pretty irrelevant to the discussion, either you have evidence he was cheating or you don't.

--------------
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 15
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 11:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A majority of American's believe in ghosts, so forgive me if I don't take 26 people at their word. Especially if they have any incentive to lie.

:laugh: Isn't this how you deal with every piece of information you don't like?
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 11:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's funny isn't it. It kinda epitomizes everything wrong with conservatism in America right now.

Don't like the job numbers - pretend it's a conspiracy.
Don't like to take blame for economy - pretend it's a conspiracy
Iraq going badly - it's a media conspiracy.
Like the Super PAC rules -  ignore the role of money in elections

Now we can apparently add 26 cyclists incriminating themselves in a major doping scandal as having colluded again Lance.

You can't make this stuff up - though according to Kyle there's a lot of people making a hell of a lot of stuff up - basically anything which doesn't fit his ideology.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Oct. 11 2012, 10:38 am)

(Marmotstew @ Oct. 11 2012, 10:19 am)

He may have defrauded the gov't when he was part of the USPS team... so, yeah, they could take his money.

BTW, I find it interesting that the OP was about Romney and Armstrong, and all the subsequent posts are only about Armstrong!

Yeah,lets not forget Mitts sociopathic ability to believe in his own daily flip-flops.He's scary.

--------------

Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 11:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 11 2012, 10:59 am)

What you thinking is pretty irrelevant to the discussion, either you have evidence he was cheating or you don't.

There's plenty of evidence. You simply choose to ignore it.  People enamored by celebrity often find themselves in your position.
 Post Number: 19
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 11 2012, 7:59 am)

Tests that caught MANY others never returned a positive on him or ALL his teammates that are reportedly all engaged for a decade?

Yet Contador, Landis etc. etc. are snagged by the same tests?

I'm going to go with the rules here: report out a positive test for a banned substance or indicator and that race result is gone, other races with no such positive result stand. That's how Contador is treated (WAY unfairly at that, zero tolerance gone nuts) so that's the rules of the competition. And it makes some sense to me: break a rule in a  race and you get tossed from the race, not every race where you didn't violate the rules.

I'm more than a bit skeptical of coerced anecdotal "evidence": there was a report yesterday about some samples with questionable blood characteristics from the 2009 and 2010 comeback TdF's of Armstrong's: were that to be critically confirmed by WADA then his one podium result from those two races should be deleted per the rules. But as a podium finisher those samples would have already undergone analysis for blood doping so even for that rumor I'm skeptical as WADA catches blood dopers rather routinely.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 12:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The whole sport is so rife with it that it may just be time to give up on the doping rules.
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 2:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Oct. 11 2012, 11:48 am)

There's plenty of evidence. You simply choose to ignore it.  People enamored by celebrity often find themselves in your position.

I could care less about cycling, personally.
However, years old eyewitness testimony is not evidence. It can support evidence, but it takes far more than that. As we saw when U.S. Federal prosecutors dropped their investigation without filling charges.

He may have doped, he may not have, but witch hunts that seek to deprive American citizens of their right to a living without due process are far worse than ANYTHING Armstrong could have done.

--------------
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 22
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 2:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wait!
What?
People lie?
Athletes cheat?

Where have you been?

Why single out Lance? The whole peloton was doped, and Lance rode circles around it. He must have been more doped.

And Romney a flip-flopping liar?

He certainly does not have a monopoly on that behavior.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 23
mocamper1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 4:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yawn

--------------
"It's time to be immortal 'cause heroes never die!"
 Post Number: 24
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 4:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 11 2012, 11:32 am)
He may have doped, he may not have, but witch hunts that seek to deprive American citizens of their right to a living without due process are far worse than ANYTHING Armstrong could have done.

+1 regarding due process.

For the record, there is no doubt in my mind that he doped.
But my opinion means nothing.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 4:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 11 2012, 2:32 pm)

(HighGravity @ Oct. 11 2012, 11:48 am)

I could care less about cycling, personally.
However, years old eyewitness testimony is not evidence. It can support evidence, but it takes far more than that. As we saw when U.S. Federal prosecutors dropped their investigation without filling charges.

You a big OJ fan too?
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 5:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Oct. 11 2012, 4:37 pm)
You a big OJ fan too?

I'm a Packers fan, he played for the Bills if I remember right.

--------------
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 27
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 6:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OJ had his day in court, and was acquitted, no matter what public opinion thinks.  Lance was not facing criminal charges, as far as I know, so no court was required to railroad him.  The similarity of the 2 cases is nonexistent.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 6:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well except for the utter denial of the evidence by some.
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 3:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

More than 26 people have claimed to see ghosts and they didn't get reduced suspensions to claim that.

--------------
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 7:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Oct. 12 2012, 3:33 am)
More than 26 people have claimed to see ghosts and they didn't get reduced suspensions to claim that.

You have a real aversion to logic don't ya?
89 replies since Oct. 11 2012, 12:20 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply lance armstrong+romney=2 sociopathic frauds
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions