2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Obama wins reelction, but its close, Mitt Romney might win popular vote.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:38 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Obama';s won, but Romney is up by over 100,000 votes right now. Wasnt it the left who were calling for the electoral college to be done away with just 8 years ago because Bush won the electoral college, but not the popular vote, and Libs droned on about that for years!

Bet they dont see it the same now! But what I found funny was the coverage on MSNBC. Its just hilarious to see what kind of nonsense their people will say next. They called the election a "shellacking" by Obama! Really? Is a 41-40 football game a shellacking?

But I cant wait to see if Libs will "spike that football" by bragging about the election. That'll be both funny and disturbing at once, considering that Obama has not been the messiah the left lied to us about in 2008, and he's broken more promises than he's kept, and the only reason he won was by running a completely negative campaign. He made Romney out to be a villain that he isnt, and as usual, his base fell for it(thank god he doesnt tell them to jump off any bridges).

Obama has proven to be the most partisan president in 40+ years, and he pretty much refuses to "play nice" with Republicans. He is spending us into crisis, and doesnt care at all, because he's convinced his base that spending like a drunken sailor, while borrowing more and more with no relief in sight is a good thing! Oh, and he refused to raise taxes on the wealthy, and allowed his buddies at corporations like GE to get away with paying NO taxes!

But the real reason Obama won is because he is quite frankly "the unaccountable president". If ANY republican had run his presidency the way Obama has, they wouldve been impeached! He hasnt been blamed for anything.... Wonder if we'll ever get an answer about why he lied about every aspect of Benghazi, and refused to send help?

A wise man once said "to brag about failure is to brag about shooting oneself in the foot".
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You haven't been keeping track while writing that post, have ya'. :p

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LOL - Close? You remind me of Bush's claim that his re-election was a mandate even though he won by the smallest margin of any wartime president in history. And Obama has already won the popular vote smart guy.

Don't you grow tired of look so sad?
 Post Number: 4
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CharlesTheHammer @ Nov. 06 2012, 9:38 pm)
Obama';s won, but Romney is up by over 100,000 votes right now. Wasnt it the left who were calling for the electoral college to be done away with just 8 years ago because Bush won the electoral college, but not the popular vote, and Libs droned on about that for years!

Bet they dont see it the same now! But what I found funny was the coverage on MSNBC. Its just hilarious to see what kind of nonsense their people will say next. They called the election a "shellacking" by Obama! Really? Is a 41-40 football game a shellacking?

But I cant wait to see if Libs will "spike that football" by bragging about the election. That'll be both funny and disturbing at once, considering that Obama has not been the messiah the left lied to us about in 2008, and he's broken more promises than he's kept, and the only reason he won was by running a completely negative campaign. He made Romney out to be a villain that he isnt, and as usual, his base fell for it(thank god he doesnt tell them to jump off any bridges).

Obama has proven to be the most partisan president in 40+ years, and he pretty much refuses to "play nice" with Republicans. He is spending us into crisis, and doesnt care at all, because he's convinced his base that spending like a drunken sailor, while borrowing more and more with no relief in sight is a good thing! Oh, and he refused to raise taxes on the wealthy, and allowed his buddies at corporations like GE to get away with paying NO taxes!

But the real reason Obama won is because he is quite frankly "the unaccountable president". If ANY republican had run his presidency the way Obama has, they wouldve been impeached! He hasnt been blamed for anything.... Wonder if we'll ever get an answer about why he lied about every aspect of Benghazi, and refused to send help?

A wise man once said "to brag about failure is to brag about shooting oneself in the foot".

For immortality.
 Post Number: 5
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bush lost the popular vote, and it was still true a year later.  By the time you posted your diatribe, Obama had pulled in front of Mitt in the popular vote.  

The rest of your post is just as big a FAIL as your assumption that Mitt would win the popular vote.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 6
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Want some cheese to go with that whine  :p

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 7
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

While you were wearing out your exclamation point key, Obama pulled ahead in the popular vote.

As for me, either way the election goes I am still for eliminating the electoral college.
 Post Number: 8
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Obama has proven to be the most partisan president in 40+ years,

Question for everyone but CTH

Do you think CTH really believes that laughable nonsense above or is he just trolling?

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 9
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think CTH has been nothing but a troll since he showed up.  Same with N2.  When they start to post over in other forums as much as the TPA, I will cut them some slack.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 10
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is Mitt's concession speech barebones lame or?

Nope, it's ended. Barebones lame.

Granted he really wanted to win.
 Post Number: 11
dayhiker9 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 06 2012, 9:44 pm)

Obama has proven to be the most partisan president in 40+ years,

Question for everyone but CTH

Do you think CTH really believes that laughable nonsense above or is he just trolling?

I think he believes this, in fact I had the same thought at that moment, but I thought I would take it since that is the way the game is played right now.  The Ds did complain about the popular vote thing, but it happened at the time that some say Florida was stolen, as well.  Also this time there was allot of voter suppersion by the Rs so . . .

Well I am happy about the win.  I don't think it was a shellacking , though even past shellacking weren't that huge of a swing in terms of popular vote. So I see both his and MSNBC's viewpoint. (Though one guy right now on MSNBC says it is rather close despite the elector college results) It is hard to be a loser.  

It is hard to understand people who believe these  type things, but apparently quite a few people do or the election would not have been so close.  I will say Woodward's book seemed to say that Obama did not really reach out to the Rs in the first year or so, but neither did they.  From my brief experience in Wa State politics this isn't surprising, the winning side having been shut out of power, wants pay back despite what they say.  I think Obama has done too much for wallstreet, so I am actually disappointed that we did not have choice for someone to the left (or even more honest) than Obama.  Romney was neither.  Scary thing is if his campaign had been more like his concession speech he might have won.

--------------
" before you make assertions about numbers, look at the numbers."   Krugman
 Post Number: 12
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 7:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Let me congratulate my liberal friends on their great victory.

It wasn't as close as I thought it would be.

So, after all the money's spent, what now?

The House still belongs to the republicans.

Has anything really changed?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 13
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 7:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 07 2012, 7:29 am)

Not really. So we can continue to move forward while the ingrates complain about it.
 Post Number: 14
N2theWild Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 8:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 07 2012, 12:49 am)
I think CTH has been nothing but a troll since he showed up.  Same with N2.  When they start to post over in other forums as much as the TPA, I will cut them some slack.  

95% of my posts use to be in the gear and light forum.

I simply saw that you guys needed my wisdom here in TPA and so here I am.

You're welcome.

--------------
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (2 Timothy 4:3)
 Post Number: 15
SnidelyWhiplash Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 8:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 07 2012, 7:59 am)

Not really. So we can continue to move forward while the ingrates complain about it.

Well one thing has changed.  Obama won't have to be concerned about his next term, so he should be a little bolder.
 Post Number: 16
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 8:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Slinger, are you OK Bro? I'm afraid that you might have had a stroke.  :;):

I do appreciate your magnanimous words. There was no quantum change, just the slow steady change that has been going on for years and has slipped by conservatives in their echo chamber. The nation is less white, more secular, and well informed people want to deal with the nations problems instead of denying them or distorting them. Mitt would have been out of touch when Eisenhower ran for office.

The echo chamber has people believing that all Obama wanted to do was increase the deficit, but conservatives were determined to thwart any efforts he made to A) stimulate the economy and B) increase tax revenues from the part of the economy that was booming and investing overseas.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 17
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 8:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm hoping for a more cooperative stance from the GOP. They really have more to lose than gain by basing their entire strategy on making Obama look bad. 2016 will be a clean slate and the GOP will need some kind of achievement to trumpet.

Obama can be more bold an cooperative too. He doesn't have to run for reelection and can afford to piss off his base even more than he has done up to now.

Here's hoping to progress. America has all the right tools to solve its problems at its disposal.
 Post Number: 18
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Both sides have to work together now.  They just have to or we are really screwed!

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 19
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(N2theWild @ Nov. 07 2012, 8:08 am)
95% of my posts use to be in the gear and light forum.

I simply saw that you guys needed my wisdom here in TPA and so here I am.

You're welcome.

In the right light, in the right mood, that was pretty funny.  :D

I think that's the closest we're gonna get to a concession speech from N2.  

Touche, buddy.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 20
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 10:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Holding onto the party propaganda to the very end, I see.  Hope your party appreciates that unwaivering faith!  :laugh:

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 11:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The reason why you thought it wasn't as close as you thought(and lets be honest. You thought Romney would win) was
that you live in the right-wing bubble.

As for what will change?

Not much.

Redistricting was going to ensure Republicans retained the house

I still predict Republicans will continue to obstruct obstruct obstruct

I hope Obama will have less patience for GOP obstruction this time and call them out on it much earlier

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 11:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm just thankful we don't have to hear DTM blame voter fraud/suppression now that his hero didn't lose.

--------------
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (2 Timothy 4:3)
 Post Number: 23
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 11:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CharlesTheHammer @ Nov. 07 2012, 12:38 am)

That's because dispite the fact that the "libs" droned on for years, the wingers said suck it up crybabies, so...................!

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 24
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 12:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 07 2012, 11:51 am)

The reason why you thought it wasn't as close as you thought(and lets be honest. You thought Romney would win) was

As for what will change?

Not much.

I hope Obama will have less patience for GOP obstruction this time and call them out on it much earlier

Correct. On inauguration night, 2009, Newt Gingrich met with a dozen republican lawmakers at a restaurant in DC and they all made a pact that they would fight Obama at every opportunity, preventing him from getting anything done and denying him a second term. It was a plan from the beginning that had no concern for America and Americans.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Nov. 07 2012, 8:49 am)
Slinger, are you OK Bro? I'm afraid that you might have had a stroke.  :;):

I do appreciate your magnanimous words. There was no quantum change, just the slow steady change that has been going on for years and has slipped by conservatives in their echo chamber. The nation is less white, more secular, and well informed people want to deal with the nations problems instead of denying them or distorting them. Mitt would have been out of touch when Eisenhower ran for office.

The echo chamber has people believing that all Obama wanted to do was increase the deficit, but conservatives were determined to thwart any efforts he made to A) stimulate the economy and B) increase tax revenues from the part of the economy that was booming and investing overseas.

Yes, I'm fine, and thanks for your concern.

I'm well aware that things don't always go the way I want them to and I'm humble enough to admit it when it doesn't.

To answer Dennis....no, believe it or not I try to watch just as much MSNBC as Fox news.

I disagree with the democrats on many, many issues and as Romney said in his concession speech last night "This election is over, but our principles endure. I believe that the principles upon which this nation was founded are the only sure guide to a resurgent economy and to renewed greatness."

To address Gabby....again from Romney's concession speech, "The nation, as you know, is at a critical point. At a time like this, we can't risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people's work."

Certainly the media gave him a pass on Libya.  They wouldn't have been so kind to George Bush should he have had an ambassador killed and dragged through the streets.

Romney gave him a pass on it too...poor judgement on his part IMO.

I think Romney had momentum until Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast. After that, Romney had about 5 days where the country was focused on nothing but the people affected by the storm.  

I think Chris Christie put the nail in Romney's coffin with the photo op and endorsement he gave the president.

It was over at that point.  Romney never regained the momentum he had prior to the storm.  I guess we can blame the results of this election on......"Climate change" after all.

Obama will need to demonstrate some serious leadership.  He'll need to quit the demonizing of the wealthy.....quit the class warfare....He'll need to celebrate America's successes rather then apologize for them.  This won't be easy for him.  Bill Clinton was able to do it.  Bill Clinton let the Republican controlled house and Senate make him successful much to his credit.  George Bush did it with no student left behind.

Obama can't do it without the house.  He's got another 2 years with the current congress so if he isn't willing to compromise then we'll see grid lock for the next two years.

Grid lock is better than bad policy.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He'll need to quit the demonizing of the wealthy.....quit the class warfare....He'll need to celebrate America's successes rather then apologize for them.

But he hasn't actually done this. I suppose we can call this the conservative reality gap that lies at the heart of their abject failure.

This would have been a walk in the park for them had they come back down to planet earth for even a few weeks.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Obama can't do it without the house.  He's got another 2 years with the current congress so if he isn't willing to compromise then we'll see grid lock for the next two years.

Another reality gap. He has been willing to compromise since day 1 - but needs a trustworthy partner to achieve this.

It's clear that GOP strategy was to deny him any single legislative achievement. This was their only goal. Luckily for America they failed - as they always do one way or another.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 07 2012, 1:11 pm)
Grid lock is better than bad policy.

Bingo.

--------------
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Nov. 07 2012, 1:20 pm)

Another reality gap. He has been willing to compromise since day 1 - but needs a trustworthy partner to achieve this.

It's clear that GOP strategy was to deny him any single legislative achievement. This was their only goal. Luckily for America they failed - as they always do one way or another.

Not true.  The house offered up serious cuts to the budget.  All Obama wanted to do was spend more of other peoples money.

That's the problem.   The speaker made it clear there will be no tax increase without cuts.  The speaker seems to understand we can't spend ourselves to prosperity but only spend ourselves into another disaster.

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Nov. 07 2012, 12:04 pm)

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 07 2012, 11:51 am)

As for what will change?

Not much.

Correct. On inauguration night, 2009, Newt Gingrich met with a dozen republican lawmakers at a restaurant in DC and they all made a pact that they would fight Obama at every opportunity, preventing him from getting anything done and denying him a second term. It was a plan from the beginning that had no concern for America and Americans.

I've posted about that meeting over and over and over again in this forum

that is just one of many facts that make accusations that Obama has been partisan laughable.

Anyone who makes the claim that Obama has been partisan is either a liar or ignorant. Anyone who makes the claim that Obama has been partisan while not
mentioning the real partisanship of the Republicans is many times over a liar or ignoramus

--------------
78 replies since Nov. 07 2012, 12:38 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Obama wins reelction, but its close
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions