2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Question for the right-wingers< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2012, 7:27 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So the issue of debt is one of the most important issues if not the most important issues
to right? I mean that is what right-wingers claim over and over correct?

If true then you should want us to go over the fiscal curb and have the current tax rates to
expire and automatic spending cuts to go into effect since that will really reduce our
deficits?

correct?

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2012, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dennis The Menace
correct?

Yes, but........

( 1 ) The fact that there is no "compromise" that avoids the fiscal "curb" must be blamed on Obama and the Democrats.

( 2 ) Eliminating any income tax on incomes above $250,000 will produce more jobs. "Trickle down" economics assures us that the wealthy will spend those untaxed dollars to create more jobs - thus resulting in MORE tax money collected to pay down the deficit. Insisting on this assures that will be no compromise.

So it is a lose-lose situation for Democrats. Voters will blame Obama either way.

--------------
watch "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
 Post Number: 3
Squaretop Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd love to read a history book from one hundred years from now.

--------------
You can't buy time or memories.
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 4
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Our economy is a house of cards.  It doesn't really matter which one you remove...
 Post Number: 5
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:37 am)
Our economy is a house of cards.  It doesn't really matter which one you remove...

As is every other economy in the world.
 Post Number: 6
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:43 am)

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:37 am)

As is every other economy in the world.

Except for Iceland.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 7
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 12:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 12 2012, 8:37 am)

To the extent that is true (which it is in some respects, and not others), it's because all of the gains from economic growth over the last couple decades have gone to the top 1%.  A stable economy requires broad-based prosperity; the more concentrated wealth is, the more unstable the economy.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Nov. 11 2012, 11:40 pm)
Dennis The Menace
correct?

Yes, but........

( 1 ) The fact that there is no "compromise" that avoids the fiscal "curb" must be blamed on Obama and the Democrats.

( 2 ) Eliminating any income tax on incomes above $250,000 will produce more jobs. "Trickle down" economics assures us that the wealthy will spend those untaxed dollars to create more jobs - thus resulting in MORE tax money collected to pay down the deficit. Insisting on this assures that will be no compromise.

So it is a lose-lose situation for Democrats. Voters will blame Obama either way.

and and so goes the moronic right-wing Republican talking points

Even more moronic given that last's week's election in which Obama got 332 electoral votes
with Democrats actually gaining seats(in an election in which originally it was thought they
were going to lose the senate or at least lose seats) in the senate after mountains of money
thrown at them  and Voter suppression up the you know what yet Democrats still pummeled
Republicans yet  according to you(assuming you're just not being sarcastic) voters will blame
Obama even though arguable the most important issue Obama ran on was letting the Bush taxes
cuts expire on those making over 250K

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 2:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dennis The Menace
according to you(assuming you're just not being sarcastic) voters will blame Obama even though arguable the most important issue Obama ran on was letting the Bush taxes cuts expire on those making over 250K

Yes, if you can't win the election - you can always poison the well for those who did win. Making sure that there is no compromise - then blaming Obama for NOT achieving a compromise that avoid the fiscal "curb" is a great way to make Obama look bad.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Squaretop Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sadly we are headed for doom.  This has nothing to do with the election, though a Romney win would have put it off another couple years.   I don't need to argue with you, just watch.

--------------
You can't buy time or memories.
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 11
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney wouldn't have had any impact on our doom: the Sun will cool and expand right on schedule, engulfing our teensy planet in the process.

The inevitable arithmetic of physics.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Squaretop @ Nov. 12 2012, 5:22 pm)
Sadly we are headed for doom.  This has nothing to do with the election, though a Romney win would have put it off another couple years.   I don't need to argue with you, just watch.

Explain how Romney would would have put it off another couple years?

--------------
 Post Number: 13
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 2:34 pm)

(Squaretop @ Nov. 12 2012, 5:22 pm)

Explain how Romney would would have put it off another couple years?

So were Romney president liberals would have been so distracted by the condition of the White House that they would have "sinned" far less than their usual wanton ways: thus postponing the end of days by a little bit as the sin total was slower to accumulate to the apocalyptically correct total?

As a speculation.

ETA: That also would have slightly retarded the progression of Global Warming then? A two-fee!
 Post Number: 14
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm just waiting for Ted Nugent to make his move. He promised to be dead or in jail.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 15
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 6:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(desert dweller @ Nov. 12 2012, 2:45 pm)
I'm just waiting for Ted Nugent to make his move. He promised to be dead or in jail.

...precisely where child molesters belong

Uncle Ted and Elmo, in the same cell??
 Post Number: 16
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 6:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OOOO, cable TV can turn that into a real money maker, hence propping up the economy, and saving the right wingers from hara kiri.  Damn!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 17
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 7:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes. Painful but necessary.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 18
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 8:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Nov. 11 2012, 10:40 pm)
Dennis The Menace
correct?

Yes, but........

Is that what you really think, or are you just yanking chains?

I thought twice about responding to your post, but against my better judgement I did so anyway. As a matter of personal policy I don't place any value in your opinion because of the views you expressed in the immediate wake of the Benghazi attack -- that we should nuke the entire country.

There are a few rightwing posters in this forum whose views I think are ill-informed, ill-considered, and terribly misguided. However, even the worst of them don't come close to the utter lack of human empathy and practical judgement you displayed in that earlier thread. I hold them in higher regard.

At that time, at first, I thought you were just yanking chains. But then you so steadfastly defended your view that millions of people should be vaporized for a crime they had nothing to do with, you convinced me you genuinely believed in the argument you were advancing or that you are a very clever troll of the worst kind.

So I responded to this latest post of yours, in part, out of curiosity to see if you really believe that a failure to reach an agreement to avert the "fiscal cliff" should be blamed entirely on the president, and that trickle down economics really works.

I also responded, in part, because you expressed ideas that are actually held by some people who aren't just yanking chains in an internet forum. Such ideas need to be smacked down logically and mercilessly.

Although this post of mine may seem first and foremost as a personal attack against you, Bass, the fact is I don't care enough on a personal level to bother with that.

What I'm really doing is calling you out to see how you will respond, and to see (and for others to see) whether you really believe in the views you post or if you're just playing around yanking chains.

I have a modicum of respect for people genuinely expressing their views regardless of the merits of their arguments (up to a point; your views on nuking Libya were incredibly abhorrent); but if you're simply trolling to provoke responses for your own amusement you deserve to be ignored, period.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 8:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bass is kind of hard to figure out

I think often times he is just trolling but then he will often post some well thought out posts.  
Goes from extreme right-wing views to very very left-wing

Split personality?

Strange dude

--------------
 Post Number: 20
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 9:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 8:47 pm)

I think often times he is just trolling but then he will often post some well thought out posts.  

Split personality?

Strange dude

Once you realize he's anti-humanity, his views seem more consistent.  He seems to think the world would be a better place with fewer people in it.
 Post Number: 21
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Nov. 12 2012, 6:18 pm)

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 8:47 pm)

Split personality?

Strange dude

Once you realize he's anti-humanity, his views seem more consistent.  He seems to think the world would be a better place with fewer people in it.

I think he's anti-humanity the way Swift was anti-Irish-baby.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe. If so his satire needs some work.
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 8:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Drift Woody

I thought twice about responding to your post, but against my better judgement I did so anyway. As a matter of personal policy I don't place any value in your opinion

So you don't place any value in ANY opinion that challenges your close mindedness.

In your anxiousness to turn this into a personal attack on me you have missed the point. I personally think that the Republicans are using the "fiscal cliff" ( I like "fiscal curb" better though ) to make a "No new taxes" moment for Obama. Remember how those words were used against George W Bush?

Thus my post #9 that you obviously missed:
Yes, if you can't win the election - you can always poison the well for those who did win. Making sure that there is no compromise - then blaming Obama for NOT achieving a compromise that avoid the fiscal "curb" is a great way to make Obama look bad.

By driving posters away from this forum with your personal attacks, you are destroying the intent of this forum. The intent of the forum as I see it is is to provide mature discourse on political issues between people with differing views. When you and others drive anyone away with your personal attacks who doesn't hold your narrow closed minded views, then you end up with a group of doppelgangers who do no more than parrot each others' posts.

I have watched as you and your doppelgangers have driven a number of bright and articulate posters from this forum. I really miss their input, though I have often disagreed. Their posts have often caused me to reconsider and view political points in a different light. I have also found the profanity and personal attacks so uncomfortable that I have reduced my presence here too.

Your personal attacks on me and others simply shows your close mindedness and your inability to provide logical support for your views. Thanks to you and your doppelgangers a lot of people are refraining from posting alternative points of view and this forum is losing its appeal as a source of intellectual stimulus.

Now WHAT do you really think? Or are you just responding with your usual personal attacks because you have no logical point to make?

--------------
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Nov. 13 2012, 8:15 am)
Drift Woody

I thought twice about responding to your post, but against my better judgement I did so anyway. As a matter of personal policy I don't place any value in your opinion

So you don't place any value in ANY opinion that challenges your close mindedness.

In your anxiousness to turn this into a personal attack on me you have missed the point. I personally think that the Republicans are using the "fiscal cliff" ( I like "fiscal curb" better though ) to make a "No new taxes" moment for Obama. Remember how those words were used against George W Bush?

Thus my post #9 that you obviously missed:

By driving posters away from this forum with your personal attacks, you are destroying the intent of this forum. The intent of the forum as I see it is is to provide mature discourse on political issues between people with differing views. When you and others drive anyone away with your personal attacks who doesn't hold your narrow closed minded views, then you end up with a group of doppelgangers who do no more than parrot each others' posts.

I have watched as you and your doppelgangers have driven a number of bright and articulate posters from this forum. I really miss their input, though I have often disagreed. Their posts have often caused me to reconsider and view political points in a different light. I have also found the profanity and personal attacks so uncomfortable that I have reduced my presence here too.

Your personal attacks on me and others simply shows your close mindedness and your inability to provide logical support for your views. Thanks to you and your doppelgangers a lot of people are refraining from posting alternative points of view and this forum is losing its appeal as a source of intellectual stimulus.

Now WHAT do you really think? Or are you just responding with your usual personal attacks because you have no logical point to make?

If you're being driven away because people find your contempt for innocents appalling, that's your own choice.  You're not a victim no matter how hard you try to be.
 Post Number: 25
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 11 2012, 7:27 pm)
So the issue of debt is one of the most important issues if not the most important issues
to right? I mean that is what right-wingers claim over and over correct?

If true then you should want us to go over the fiscal curb and have the current tax rates to
expire and automatic spending cuts to go into effect since that will really reduce our
deficits?

correct?

I actually favor several left wing ideals like: Early term abortion, the environment, gay marriage and tax hikes for people over 250K annually, but because I dont agree in lock-step on EVERY other issue, I guess that makes me a far right extremist! :D

Anyway, unlike Chris Matthews who was glad Hurricane Sandy hit and millions suffered in some way, and Paul Krugman who wrote an op-ed, BEGGING Barack Obama NOT to compromise on ANYTHING with the Rep's, so that the economy will go over the cliff, and Rep's can be blamed for it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012....al.html

I dont want bad things to happen to the American people or to myself, but the problem is, liberals dont realize the significance of our dire economic situation.

But give them all they want!! Let them own the consequences!! For instance, give them tax hikes and close tax loopholes for the rich, which Obama shouldve done, but didnt, so he could use it as an issue again in 2012!

Let them raise the corporate tax rate(again) even though our corp tax rate is now the highest on the planet! That will send more businesses fleeing to China(the goal?)

Let Obamacare go through, so all the enormous new expenses and redundant regulations get dumped on businesses, forcing them out of business or out of the USA!

Let the individual mandate go through, so that 30 million mostly working poor will be FORCED to pay thousands of dollars they dont have! Then fine them $750 if they cant afford it!(there's that Dem compassion)

let them push Affirmative action to the extreme that the left wants, so that parents of kids who arent either black or Latino can explain to their kids that they dont get the special treatment other kids do because their skin is the wrong color! It was unfair for black people 50 years ago, and 2 wrongs dont make a right today!

Let them then grow government by adding more and more redundant, uncooperative layers of bureaucracy, and more cradle to grave entitlements, mainly for their own constituents!

Let them promise to cut gov't spending, then just not do it later, which is the promise Dems have been breaking for 6 years!

Let them fling open the southern border and give amnesty to all illegal immigrants, which will put millions more blue collar US citizens out of work! Thats right! There are blue collar Americans, you could call them "the little guys".

The above WILL cause economic collapse, cost tens of millions of US jobs, probably cause rioting in the streets, only this time it wont be liberals breaking stuff! But hopefully it will seal the fate of "today's left" and maybe force out the lowlifes in the media so that honest, objective people can take over. Then we could put people into positions of power who will do the right thing for everyone, the environment, etc. , and not just "use" these issues and turn millions of people into victims for the advancement of their ideology!

Otherwise the left will do most or all the above anyway, and it will bankrupt us(again, the goal?) Its inevitable, so better sooner than later.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CTH

Just to one issue

Let Obamacare go through, so all the enormous new expenses and redundant regulations get dumped on businesses,
forcing them out of business or out of the USA!

What would repealing ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare do to our deficits?
Increase or decrease them?

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Charles - people call you a right wing extremist because you just always copy out the extremist right wing talking points.

Saying you're slightly more moderate on a couple of social issues doesn't make you otherwise.

If you are some kind of moderate can you give me some examples of where someone on the hard core right of you on each particular issue would stand.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CTH said

I actually favor several left wing ideals like: Early term abortion, the environment, gay marriage and tax hikes for people over
250K annually, but because I dont agree in lock-step on EVERY other issue, I guess that makes me a far right extremist!

You've been parroting just about every damn right-wing talking point in the book and now you
tell us you believe in Early term abortion, the environment, gay marriage and tax hikes
for people over 250K annually
when at the same time you call those "left-wing" when "tax
hikes for people over 250K annually" and the environment aren't(they are mainstream)?

Seems like some is BSing again

--------------
 Post Number: 29
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Squaretop @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:28 am)
I'd love to read a history book from one hundred years from now.

I'd love to read a high school history book right now! Liberals for years now have been making a big deal over Texas' desire to include intelligent design in their science books(which I disagree with), but yet the left has revised history so much that its becoming unrecognizable!
'

Its funny to listen to or read! I watched a liberal on CSPAN a few years ago, who tried to blame the ENTIRE Vietnam war on Nixon!

They have Wilson as being a "champion of democracy"! I think anyone who claims or puts that into ANY history book should IMMEDIATELY be called out as a racist! Wilson ONLY was interested in fairness and democracy for white people from the US or Europe! All other peoples and races were inferior to him...

They endlessly bring up Watergate, yet they endlessly praise JFK, who by any objective judgement was far more corrupt than Nixon and used the same tactics that Nixon got caught using all the time! He manipulated everyone around him pretty much using blackmail, threats, etc. He caused the Cuban missile crisis through the botched bay of Pigs disaster, where he knowingly betrayed the people he sent there to fight Castro's forces when he decided not to send the air power he promised them, because it might have been embarrassing for him! Then he brought the world closer to annihilation than anyone in history! He brought us to Vietnam.  He promised black people he'd give them almost instant civil rights, even though he knew his own party wouldnt do it! He said it just to get their votes, knowing it wouldnt happen! What a scumbag! The apple doesnt fall far from the tree does it?

Yet according to the left, he's one of the greatest presidents ever! Right...
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Notice how CTH didn't answer the OP?

Notice how he goes on a tangent spewing the talking points again

--------------
114 replies since Nov. 11 2012, 7:27 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Question for the right-wingers
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions