2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: So who did the best educated and highest earning, racial group vote for and by how much?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2012, 7:30 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So the right-wing like to spew this stupid narrative that moochers vote for Democrats and
that the last group who would vote Democratic would be the high achievers.

Well on that note we have the following

Asian Americans are the highest-income, best-educated and fastest-growing racial group in
the United States
. They are more satisfied than the general public with their lives,
finances and the direction of the country, and they place more value than other Americans do
on marriage, parenthood, hard work and career success, according to a comprehensive new
nationwide survey by the Pew Research Center.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/06/19/the-rise-of-asian-americans/

So who did Asians vote for and by how much?

Washington, DC—Asian Americans voted for President Barack Obama in enormous numbers this
election, according to the Asian American Election Eve Poll, a joint project of the National
Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development (National CAPACD) and Asian
American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF). While only 41% identify as Democrats,
Asian American voters broke for Barack Obama by a huge margin, with 72% voting for the
President and 26% for Mitt Romney. In Congressional races, 73% of Asian American voters
backed Democratic candidates, while 27% backed Republicans.

http://www.asianweek.com/2012....r-obama

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2012, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Romney won the white vote.

"Even in the deepest blue states, white voters went for Romney: 53 percent in California, 52 percent in New York, 55 percent in Pennsylvania."
 Post Number: 3
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And what about the Samoan-Americans?

Can you say "cherry picking"?
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 12:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Nov. 11 2012, 7:40 pm)
Romney[/URL] won the white vote.

Ya, but he lost the "American" vote and that's all that counts.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 12 2012, 8:10 am)

What isn't cherry-picking is the broader point: Romney lost among every single demographic except white guys, even when the average income would otherwise suggest receptiveness to the GOP.  

Romney wasn't running to be President of the United States; he was running to be the President of White People.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 12:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ Nov. 12 2012, 12:25 pm)

What isn't cherry-picking is the broader point: Romney lost among every single demographic except white guys, even when the average income would otherwise suggest receptiveness to the GOP.  

Romney wasn't running to be President of the United States; he was running to be the President of White People.

White men Tom. The women were in binders.
 Post Number: 7
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 12:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Nov. 12 2012, 9:26 am)

(TehipiteTom @ Nov. 12 2012, 12:25 pm)

White men Tom. The women were in binders.

You're right--thanks for the correction.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Went to my GrandDaughter's Veterans Day kindergarten program this morning.

Her school is located in a neighborhood populated mostly by Asian Americans, many of whom immigrated here in recent years.

Consequently, there were a lot of cute little faces with black hair and bright eyes,  proudly singing several patriotic songs.  Each had a red/white/blue bandana tied around their neck.  They were all smiling and waving to family in the audience.  1 verse they sang contained the words "..America, place of my birth...".

Between songs, 4-5 would step up confidently up to the microphone with a 3-4 word sentence that expressed their pride in America.  The audience was full of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and all of us were so proud, with a lot of us trying to hide a teary eye.  

I thought about how lucky our country was to have such a vibrant group of children, whose parents thought so much of this country to come here, and to bless us with these kids.

I was so proud that my granddaughter would grow up with such a group of fellow Americans.  Our future looks good to me.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:10 am)

No it isn't cherry picking

Cherry picking implies that you could pick any group and either one would work

No. not any group would work

again, like the links that I quoted said

Only one group fits the following description

Asian Americans are the highest-income, best-educated and fastest-growing racial group in
the United States

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 1:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:35 am)
the United States

Sorry, cherry picking is the wrong phrase.  How about stereotyping?

"Asian Americans" come from several unique and diverse ethnic groups.  Many of these groups hate each other and most have different languages and cultures.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 12 2012, 1:47 pm)

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:35 am)
the United States

Sorry, cherry picking is the wrong phrase.  How about stereotyping?

"Asian Americans" come from several unique and diverse ethnic groups.  Many of these groups hate each other and most have different languages and cultures.

No its not stereotyping either. Stereotyping would be if I would take the fact that  
the United States
and then extrapolate that fact into making a statements about
every Asian and all Asians on an individual level which of course I didn't do

Damn. You're not good with vocabulary are you?

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 2:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'ms sure the Korean Americans are pleased to be lumped in the same pot as the Japanese Americans.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 2:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So Japanese and Koreans aren't Asian?

You still don't know what Stereotyping is

You know isn't interesting how fast Republicans will resort to political correctness
when they are confronted with inconvenient facts?

--------------
 Post Number: 14
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 2:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Even in the deepest blue states, white voters went for Romney: 53 percent in California, 52 percent in New York, 55 percent in Pennsylvania."

Isnt't that stereotyping

I'm sure Italian Americans really liked to lumped in with Irish Americans   :D

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 15
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 3:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Nov. 12 2012, 1:13 pm)
I was so proud that my granddaughter would grow up with such a group of fellow Americans.  Our future looks good to me.

Well said, Old Frank, on all accounts.  As the son of an immigrant, and proud of it, I hope they continue to come. They enrich our culture and strengthen our country.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 4:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ Nov. 12 2012, 11:39 am)

Isnt't that stereotyping

I'm sure Italian Americans really liked to lumped in with Irish Americans   :D

I'm sure they do too.
But us Irish-Americans don't want them in our clover patch.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So Dennis, who did the poorest, most ignorant ethnic group vote for?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So touchy eh Lame?

So knee-jerk when facts contract the narrative of the party that you voted for?

The most ignorant without going into income, without a doubt have to be those dumb ignorant
protesters.

http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin....1161353

This offend you too Lame?

Is that too much of a politically correct response for you?

What knee-jerk response will respond with now?

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same one you use Dennis....."you didn't answer my question."  :D
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 5:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well why don't you tell us what group that is then?

Give us the stats or a reputable source to prove it and then show that disproves the
fact that the highest earning and highest educated racial groups voted for Democrats in
Huge margins which then in turn refutes that as a refutation of the Stupid GOP narrative
that only moochers vote for Democrats?

Then while you're at it tell us how those with post graduate levels of education voted for?

Its clear that Lame is in deep levels of denial and just can't accept when confronted with
facts that his party is a party made largely of dimwits.

This fact hurts Lame so much that you see him in this thread asking questions that he would
never ask of his fellow Republicans.

Do you think Lame would ever ask "you're lumping Russian Americans, German Americans,
Polish Americans, Italian Americans, etcc..' if someone used the word "white" to describe
people?

No

But he gets his undies in a bunch for me using the word Asian

Lame just can't take what this election means for HIS party.

He just can't take it, hence the pouting

:D

--------------
 Post Number: 21
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 6:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:laugh:

Demographic data, used by every government, every marketing professional and every election pollster since the dawn of time, are now "stereotypes".

Quick! Call off the census!

Well nobody expected the Losers to emerge from their bubble after the election.     :laugh:
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 11:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 12 2012, 3:51 pm)
Well why don't you tell us what group that is then?

I asked first.
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well actually I asked you first

Specifically

"Damn. You're not good with vocabulary are you?"

You didn't answer.

:D

But aside from that you didn't state your criteria for measuring ignorance, aside from that,
Since the purpose of the OP was to disprove a silly  narrative, show how the answer to that
question is relevant to disproving that silly narrative promulgated by Republicans?

The silly narrative being that high achievers don't vote Democratic and that
moochers are far and away the most common Democratic voter Since the purpose
of the OP was to disprove a silly narrative, show how the answer to

--------------
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dennis,

It seems the point you're trying to imply is that a particular groups monetary success and level of education has let to them overwhelmingly choose Obama.

Since you find this relevant, I would also think you would find the candidate chosen by the poorest, least educated ethnic group relevant.

So, is there a connection between education, wealth and political ideology, or isn't there?
 Post Number: 25
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you want to take a pot shot at minorities, just do it. It's no secret that conservatives think the people you describe voted for Obama. The point Dennis was making is that his supporters include a lot of other people as well.
 Post Number: 26
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Top Contributors

Barack Obama (D)
1 University of California $1,092,906
2 Microsoft Corp $761,343
3 Google Inc $737,055
4 US Government $627,628
5 Harvard University $602,992
Mitt Romney ®
1 Goldman Sachs $994,139
2 Bank of America $921,839
3 Morgan Stanley $827,255
4 JPMorgan Chase & Co $792,147
5 Credit Suisse Group $618,941"

"Best educated"?

:)
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Nov. 13 2012, 9:25 am)
"Top Contributors

Barack Obama (D)
1 University of California $1,092,906
2 Microsoft Corp $761,343
3 Google Inc $737,055
4 US Government $627,628
5 Harvard University $602,992
Mitt Romney ®
1 Goldman Sachs $994,139
2 Bank of America $921,839
3 Morgan Stanley $827,255
4 JPMorgan Chase & Co $792,147
5 Credit Suisse Group $618,941"

"Best educated"?

:)

As they say: Follow the money
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 13 2012, 12:12 pm)
Dennis,

It seems the point you're trying to imply is that a particular groups monetary success and level of education has let to them overwhelmingly choose Obama.

Since you find this relevant, I would also think you would find the candidate chosen by the poorest, least educated ethnic group relevant.

So, is there a connection between education, wealth and political ideology, or isn't there?

There is no "seems" about it. I was very very clear what my point was

From the OP

So the right-wing like to spew this stupid narrative that moochers vote for Democrats and
that the last group who would vote Democratic would be the high achiever

The OP refuted that narrative

Since you can't refute my refutation of that stupid narrative
and
since you're a sore loser
and
since as a result of the fact you're a sore loser, you respond to such facts with a desperate
knee-jerk response that takes the form of a strawman in regard to what motivated me to make
the op which was It seems the point you're trying to imply is that a particular groups
monetary success and level of education has let to them overwhelmingly choose Obama.

even though I explicitly told you what the point of my post was once again which was once
again

that the last group who would vote Democratic would be the high achiever

So again I ask you

Since the purpose of the OP was to disprove a silly  narrative, show how the answer to that
question is relevant to disproving that silly narrative promulgated by Republicans?

The silly narrative being that high achievers don't vote Democratic and that
moochers are far and away the most common Democratic voter Since the purpose
of the OP was to disprove a silly narrative, show how the answer to

How much longer are you going to make an ass out of yourself once again Lame?

--------------
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh and Lame

Oh and tell me why those with post graduate degrees voted for Democrats and have been voting for Democrats
by WIDE margins for sometime now?

--------------
 Post Number: 30
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Nov. 13 2012, 10:40 am)
Oh and Lame

Oh and tell me why those with post graduate degrees voted for Democrats and have been voting for Democrats
by WIDE margins for sometime now?

You mean aside from the fact that we live every day with the benefits of having invested both our time and resources end educational effort into the future we now enjoy?

Thus seeing a parallel with the president's valuation of investment in people and infrastructure (both physical and intellectual) versus Republican's cutting and hoping?
42 replies since Nov. 11 2012, 7:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply So who did the best educated and highest earning
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions