2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Get out of our house< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 8:59 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Petition to Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hmmmm...and they almost have enough signatures already. I guess this means those people are toast...
 Post Number: 3
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:D
 Post Number: 4
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I love irony.

Oh and all the "secessionists" had to fill out a form to create a Whitehouse.gov account?

Good luck when the United Nations black helicopters start their visits there geniuses.
 Post Number: 5
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nothing like stomping on freedom of expression and peaceful protest. And that's all petitions for secession are.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 13 2012, 7:50 pm)
Nothing like stomping on freedom of expression and peaceful protest. And that's all petitions for secession are.

Hey they're getting their day in the sun.

Just that if they're so heavy breathing desiring to leave why-ever not give them what they want?

Free them from the United States of America. Presuming they know what "secession" actually means I'll give you that.
 Post Number: 7
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But they have to leave all their money behind....right?
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 11:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 13 2012, 7:55 pm)
But they have to leave all their money behind....right?

That's your issue, the New Somalians will no doubt have their own currency, probably something with a nice palm tree on it?
 Post Number: 9
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 11:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Actually, I see both petitions as the whining of a few people who might better spend their time on a fishing forum, or hunting, or quilting, etc...  Not much to be gained from all of these petitions, except some entertainment value.  Venting frustrations at some perceived slight is only worth so much.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 10
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 9:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll support the measure only if they grant citizenship to an equal number of illegal aliens.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 11
kyle2193 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 9:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You cannot strip someone of their citizenship, someone should have checked on that.

--------------
If I cannot swear in heaven I shall not stay there.
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 12
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Nov. 14 2012, 9:51 am)
You cannot strip someone of their citizenship, someone should have checked on that.

It don't matter. States can't secede either.

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 13
kyle2193 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 11:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(buddero @ Nov. 14 2012, 11:34 am)

(kyle2193 @ Nov. 14 2012, 9:51 am)

It does matter, you can do one, you can't do the other. They are petitioning the government to be released from the Union. Texas v. White confirmed that this is a legitimate way to leave the Union.
It is a political stunt and stupid, but a state could be released from the Union.

--------------
If I cannot swear in heaven I shall not stay there.
-Mark Twain
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(kyle2193 @ Nov. 14 2012, 6:51 am)

But all those people asking to be removed from the United States citizenry (secessionists aim is discarding their citizenship is it not?) should have their request expedited: with a nice one-way ticket OUT thrown is as a warm parting gift.

Somalia is lovely this time of year. Then, were they to have a change of heart, they can get in line just like every other immigrant wannabe.
 Post Number: 15
cweston Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 12:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know that this is (hopefully) largely tongue-in-cheek, but the idea of stripping someone of their citizenship because they signed a position is one of the dumbest, most un-American political suggestions I've ever heard.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 12:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cweston @ Nov. 14 2012, 9:29 am)
I know that this is (hopefully) largely tongue-in-cheek, but the idea of stripping someone of their citizenship because they signed a position is one of the dumbest, most un-American political suggestions I've ever heard.

Oh I think the petition in reaction to the petition is just about all heavily steeped in irony.

Though, again, the secessionist petitioners ARE requesting they be stripped of their United States citizenship: that's what secession does after all right?

So they're getting their faces rubbed in the consequences of their stated desires: much like when I admire the Republicans like Mitt Romney who demand/pledge elimination of the Department of Energy for their courageous (though, IMHP, misguided) stand for United States unilateral nuclear disarmament: given it's the DOE that designs, maintains and oversees our entire nuclear weapons arsenal.

Ignorance doesn't have to remain bliss you see?
 Post Number: 17
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 5:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Nov. 14 2012, 11:59 am)
Somalia is lovely this time of year. Then, were they to have a change of heart, they can get in line just like every other immigrant wannabe.

Your anti-imigration views seem extreme

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 18
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 8:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not really, Somolia is the Libertarian dream, hardly a rule to be observed, nearly infinite opportunity for success with hard work. Many of us Americans believe that there needs to be some rules to keep things from being violent, some infrastructure to promote commerce, and some culture that isn't "Old Testament" (eye for an eye). Those things require government and taxes and collectively can be described as civilization.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 19
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 8:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lets face it, it's all a bit of a joke, but I must say the thought of kicking out those who no longer like America because they didn't get their extremist little way is very entertaining.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 9:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Nov. 14 2012, 5:47 pm)
Lets face it, it's all a bit of a joke, but I must say the thought of kicking out those who no longer like America because they didn't get their extremist little way is very entertaining.

Oh no it's not "kicking out", its assisting towards their stated goal.

Much different, doing them a favor when you think about it.

:D
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 9:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Nov. 14 2012, 2:17 pm)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Nov. 14 2012, 11:59 am)

Your anti-imigration views seem extreme

Nope, just pro-line and process. A line and process the self-identified  secessionists will be at the far back of.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 9:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

True that in one way secessionists are wanting to give US citizenship but you're all missing probably THE most important point... they get to take their state with them.

--------------

Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 9:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 14 2012, 6:37 pm)
True that in one way secessionists are wanting to give US citizenship but you're all missing probably THE most important point... they get to take their state with them.

Not at those percentages of the population. Barely a decently attended rock concert.

500 C5 loads ain't squat.
 Post Number: 24
Bateauxdriver Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 10:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If a state were to secede couldn't we declare war on them and take it back with force.  We hang all the rebels for treason and confiscate their property.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 10:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"America... love it or leave it!"
King George to the treasonous bastards who handed him a scrap of paper they had the gall to call a declaration of independence.

--------------

Post Number: 26
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 11:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -- Benjamin Franklin

"The distinctions between Virginians, Pennsylvanians, New Yorkers, and New Englanders are no more. I Am Not A Virginian, But An American!" -- Patrick Henry
 Post Number: 27
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 1:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(buddero @ Nov. 14 2012, 11:34 am)

Right.  I think a number of states mentioned in the petition tried that before.  It ended badly for them if I recall.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 8:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Nov. 14 2012, 9:22 pm)
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -- Benjamin Franklin

"The distinctions between Virginians, Pennsylvanians, New Yorkers, and New Englanders are no more. I Am Not A Virginian, But An American!" -- Patrick Henry

Said by traitors committing high treason against their lawful ruler.

--------------

Post Number: 29
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 10:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 15 2012, 5:50 am)

(hbfa @ Nov. 14 2012, 9:22 pm)

Said by traitors committing high treason against their lawful ruler.

Take from it what you will.
 Post Number: 30
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 10:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Nov. 14 2012, 8:35 pm)
Not really, Somolia is the Libertarian dream, hardly a rule to be observed, nearly infinite opportunity for success with hard work. Many of us Americans believe that there needs to be some rules to keep things from being violent, some infrastructure to promote commerce, and some culture that isn't "Old Testament" (eye for an eye). Those things require government and taxes and collectively can be described as civilization.

You described an anarchist's dream, not a libertarian's.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
73 replies since Nov. 13 2012, 8:59 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Get out of our house
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions