2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Wonder why GenX gets news from Daily Show?, You can't make this up< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 1:13 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One dude responsible for Alabama's new petition to secede was actually put out of business by the state of Alabama but now blames the federal "gubmint":
Alabama petiton to secede started by former "businessman" put of biz by …. Alabama

You cannot make this stuff up.  Granted Alabama may not be the best place for a topless car wash but it's his own "goshdern" state putting him out of business (as well as probably putting tape on the assets of bunnies in the men's mag, etc...).

I blame American fast food and junk food for this epidemic of early onset dementia.  

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 2:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not really sure what that has to do with the Daily Show, or GenX (GenY/Millenials are the bigger target for the Daily Show, only the trailing end of GenX is in their targeted demographic), but an example of a dopey "secessionist" for sure.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 3
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 2:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just have one question: how does someone that stupid even remember to breathe?

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(EastieTrekker @ Nov. 16 2012, 12:03 pm)
I'm not really sure what that has to do with the Daily Show, .

Sorry.  Just thinking out loud after reading about this obviously confused dude this morning.  Need to read HuffPo in the PM (after several stiff drinks) at the rate these nutcases are coming out of the woodwork; kind of a bummer to those of us who have worked all over this great country (and even with those from territories like America Samoa).

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 5
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 3:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Darn. I'm going to miss that place. They did a great job polishing my hood ornament.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 3:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SW Mtn backpacker @ Nov. 16 2012, 3:02 pm)

(EastieTrekker @ Nov. 16 2012, 12:03 pm)
I'm not really sure what that has to do with the Daily Show, .

Sorry.  Just thinking out loud after reading about this obviously confused dude this morning.  Need to read HuffPo in the PM (after several stiff drinks) at the rate these nutcases are coming out of the woodwork; kind of a bummer to those of us who have worked all over this great country (and even with those from territories like America Samoa).

No need to apologize.  I guess I was just curious as to what the connection might be.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 7
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 4:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As a method to transform a stationary energy supply, wind or water generated electricity, into a mobile energy source, the tankable and thus portable hydrogen, I can see it. But I don't quite understand what the urine is about since electrolytically  cracking plain old water will yield hydrogen...
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 5:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Nov. 16 2012, 4:13 pm)
As a method to transform a stationary energy supply, wind or water generated electricity, into a mobile energy source, the tankable and thus portable hydrogen, I can see it. But I don't quite understand what the urine is about since electrolytically  cracking plain old water will yield hydrogen...

Um....wrong thread. Haha  :D

--------------
 Post Number: 9
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 5:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(EastieTrekker @ Nov. 16 2012, 2:06 pm)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Nov. 16 2012, 4:13 pm)

Um....wrong thread. Haha  :D

Damn, I did sort of wonder why there were two on the hydrogen.....

Payback for my calling the honorable Senior (in a good way) Senator from Arizona John McCain "Old Man McCain"? Possibly.
8 replies since Nov. 16 2012, 1:13 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Wonder why GenX gets news from Daily Show?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions