2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hurricane Sandy Survivor Killed for Christmas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 7:56 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A Weather Channel reporter this morning described the Rockefeller Center xmas tree as a "30 foot spruce that survived hurricane sandy...."

And then it was chopped down to celebrate the birth of child destine by its father to suffer a horrible painful death for wrongs committed in a world created and controlled by the father.  

If kids understood the true meaning of xmas then Father's day would probably disappear off the calendar.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
N2theWild Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 8:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lots of Christian bashing on the forum lately.

What's the reason?

--------------
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (2 Timothy 4:3)
 Post Number: 3
2itchyfeet Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 8:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Intolerance!  It's just like anti-gay or anti anything.  Humans as a rule only want  their own belief belief system
around them.
 Post Number: 4
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 8:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(N2theWild @ Nov. 29 2012, 8:37 am)

What's the reason?

Maybe the Christians on the forum should lead by example?
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 9:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(UlightBandit @ Nov. 29 2012, 8:56 am)

What's the reason?

I seriously doubt Christians are doing any Christian bashing on the forum.

:D

--------------
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (2 Timothy 4:3)
 Post Number: 6
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 9:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(N2theWild @ Nov. 29 2012, 9:05 am)

(UlightBandit @ Nov. 29 2012, 8:56 am)

What's the reason?

I seriously doubt Christians are doing any Christian bashing on the forum.

:D

How you can pretend to understand something like the ancient scripts of the bible, when you can't even comprehend a well worn phrase like "lead by example" is beyond me.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 9:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was a joke...

Hence the smiley

--------------
 Post Number: 8
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 10:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Christmas tree celebrates presents...not the birth of our Savior

But I can easily see how the gimmee crowd would worship presents

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 9
Bateauxdriver Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 10:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Christianity is the perfect religion for our society of consumption.

Christmas dictates we go out and buy all this stuff made with slave labor by nonchristians.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was chopped down to celebrate the Solstice and the return of the Sun. The Roman-Christian late-comers little fantasy aside.

:cool:
 Post Number: 11
star Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 1:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Uh, yeah. That Christmas tree has about as much to do with the birth of Jesus as all those bunnies and eggs have to do with his rising from the dead.

I can't take issue with harvesting a tree. I would have to imagine it's not the only tree to survive Sandy. Here, we donate our trees to the Crane Foundation for use as a windbreak. Hopefully this one could be used for something similarly useful after the decorations come off.

--------------
If I wanted to live in a dictatorship I would have picked a place with shorter winters.
 Post Number: 12
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 7:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What's the reason?

"the birth of child destine by its father to suffer a horrible painful death for wrongs committed in a world created and controlled by the father."

What part of that is bashing?  Is it not true?

Here's your paint.  There's your corner.  Have fun.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 11:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(star @ Nov. 29 2012, 10:11 pm)
Uh, yeah. That Christmas tree has about as much to do with the birth of Jesus as all those bunnies and eggs have to do with his rising from the dead.

I can't take issue with harvesting a tree. I would have to imagine it's not the only tree to survive Sandy. Here, we donate our trees to the Crane Foundation for use as a windbreak. Hopefully this one could be used for something similarly useful after the decorations come off.

They get turned into lumber and used for construction of Habitat for Humanity houses in the state where it had grown.
 Post Number: 14
star Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 3:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would consider that useful.

--------------
If I wanted to live in a dictatorship I would have picked a place with shorter winters.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 3:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(star @ Dec. 02 2012, 12:18 pm)
I would consider that useful.

I like that the lumber returns to the home state, that means people who offer their tree are ultimately helping their neighbors.
 Post Number: 16
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 11:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Nov. 30 2012, 7:07 am)

What's the reason?

"the birth of child destine by its father to suffer a horrible painful death for wrongs committed in a world created and controlled by the father."

What part of that is bashing? áIs it not true?

In a word, no.
15 replies since Nov. 29 2012, 7:56 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hurricane Sandy Survivor Killed for Christmas
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions