2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: If he didn't have a toilet he and his wife, would still be alive today< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 8:30 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Man beats estranged wife to death with toilet tank lid

TOLLESON, AZ (CBS5) - June 26, 2012:

A Tolleson man faces a possible murder charge after police said he beat his estranged wife to death with a toilet tank lid.

Edgardo Luis Claudio-Marrero, 48, was arrested and booked into jail on a charge of second-degree murder Saturday after investigators found the body of Sreymon Claudio, of Mesa, in an upstairs bathtub in his house.

Police said Claudio-Marrero struck his wife after an argument, punching her and pushing her down the stairs at his Tolleson home and hitting her with the toilet tank lid until it broke.

So what say you Bob Costas?  If only toilet's were outlawed....?

Costas gun control commentary gets notice

The toilet didn't cause Edgardo Luis Claudio-Marrero to kill his wife, and the gun didn't cause Jovan Belcher to kill his wife.

You got it wrong Costas.  Maybe if she had a gun she would still be alive today.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 10:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, that is just so logical.   :;):

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 10:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Never let your spouse get the drop on you.
 Post Number: 4
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 11:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Dec. 03 2012, 9:50 pm)
Never let your spouse get the drop on you.

I read your post, which I thought was extremely funny for me - someone who's been married for, well, far too long - to the wife for her reaction.

She said it would be much funnier if it made a sort of pun on the bathroom concept, like:

"Never let your spouse get the dump on you."

Yeah, I don't get it either. It doesn't make any sense.

ETA: Maybe she said "Never let your spouse get A dump on you," but that's just scatological.
 Post Number: 5
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 12:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Dec. 03 2012, 11:05 pm)
"Never let your spouse get the dump on you."

In our terminology, that would be beating you to the dump.  One who has been beaten to the dump is now dumpado.
 Post Number: 6
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 1:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Dec. 03 2012, 8:30 pm)

A Tolleson man faces a possible murder charge after police said he beat his estranged wife to death with a toilet tank lid.

Edgardo Luis Claudio-Marrero, 48, was arrested and booked into jail on a charge of second-degree murder Saturday after investigators found the body of Sreymon Claudio, of Mesa, in an upstairs bathtub in his house.

Police said Claudio-Marrero struck his wife after an argument, punching her and pushing her down the stairs at his Tolleson home and hitting her with the toilet tank lid until it broke.

The toilet didn't cause Edgardo Luis Claudio-Marrero to kill his wife, and the gun didn't cause Jovan Belcher to kill his wife.

You got it wrong Costas.  Maybe if she had a gun she would still be alive today.

I reckon Bob Costas has a right to voice his opinion as does anyone.
You might want to ask yourself why his opinion bothers you so much. Jes' sayin'.
 Post Number: 7
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 6:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's an interesting (to me) aside that in DC many years ago a man smashed his girlfriend's face into a porcelain sink several times and left her for dead.  He was charged with "Assault with a Deadly Weapon (ADW) Porcelain Sink.  The judge threw out the charge on the grounds that in order for ADW sink to be charged, the sink would have to be detached from the wall and used as a bludgeon.  As it was, the charge should have been ADW Open Hand since that's what the assailant had used to grab her.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 8:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ Dec. 04 2012, 1:13 am)
You might want to ask yourself why his opinion bothers you so much. Jes' sayin'.

I'm troubled by the utter stupidity of his claim;

"If Jovan Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.""

That is no different than claiming  

If Edgardo didn't have toilet then Sreymon would be alive today.

Both statements reveal that that the speaker is intellectually  challenged.  

Blaming the instrument used to kill another person instead of blaming the person is like blaming the car for the accident rather than the drunk driver.

Bob Costas should stick to sports commentary.  Letting him comment on general news is like letting Rush do sports broadcasts. Disasters.

Yes, he is free to express his opinion, and we are free to ridicule and mock the stupidity of it.
 Post Number: 9
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 11:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, you mean kind of like Hank Williams Jr.?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 10
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 12:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 04 2012, 8:07 am)

Oh, you mean kind of like Hank Williams Jr.?

And the citizens are free to react to such public comments made by entertainers.
Entertainers will see the consequences of their comments as their employers are driven by public opinion.

Costas is still employed, Williams lost his job.
 Post Number: 11
Champ636 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 1:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I also am having a trouble with the statement made by Bob Costas.  

While he is entitled to his opinion, as we all are, the statement “If Jovan Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and Kassandra Perkins would both be alive today.", is speculative not fact.

Bob failed to mention that Jovan is the responsible party in this event, he murdered the mother is of his child.

The biggest problem I have; is that Bob totally skipped the ‘domestic violence’ issue.  I think we could say, "If Jovan Belcher didn't commit domestic violence, he and Kassandra Perkins would both be alive today.",

--------------
"I hammered up the trail, passing rocks and trees as if they were standing still."
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 6:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Champ636 @ Dec. 04 2012, 1:29 pm)
I also am having a trouble with the statement made by Bob Costas.  

While he is entitled to his opinion, as we all are, the statement “If Jovan Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and Kassandra Perkins would both be alive today.", is speculative not fact.

Bob failed to mention that Jovan is the responsible party in this event, he murdered the mother is of his child.

The biggest problem I have; is that Bob totally skipped the ‘domestic violence’ issue.  I think we could say, "If Jovan Belcher didn't commit domestic violence, he and Kassandra Perkins would both be alive today.",

Bingo.

And of course, there's the fact that pro football players wear helmets so they don't kill each other on the field.  I'm just guessing, but I'll bet he could have killed her with out a gun.
11 replies since Dec. 03 2012, 8:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply If he didn't have a toilet he and his wife
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions