2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Rocker Ted Nugent blasts Costas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 10:08 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As you read this, know that by the time you finish, somewhere in America a fellow citizen will use a gun to stop a crime and save a life.
Opining on the Kansas City Chief football player who murdered his girlfriend and then blew out his own brains in front of his coach, the otherwise great sports announcer, Bob Costas, blamed the murder-suicide on easy access to guns. He lives in a strange fairyland of ignorance and denial..
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news....kwXCfBG
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 10:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nugent is an ass.  I suggest you watch the Daily Show on this very topic.  It is the first 8 minutes of the clip.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-ep....obinson

Guns certainly make it easier to kill another, or to commit suicide.  There is no argument that guns make it easier to kill multiple people in one big spree, as any other weapon would at least allow for the intended victims to flee.

Costos was exercising his right to free speech, and voicing what many Americans feel.  We are one of the few nations with easy access to guns, and our murder rate reflects that access.  Our nation does not rely on the access to guns to remain in the forefront of democracy.  IMO, the writers of the Constitution were writing about their own times, where having a firearm allowed them to stage the Revolution.  In today's political environment, the public would not choose an armed uprising.  The authorities are much better armed, and there is much to be gained by peaceful assembly.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 10:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happiness is a warm gun. Bang bang, shoot shoot.

- John Lennon

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 4
bp2go Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 10:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think you missed the part where the article is COPYRIGHTED!

I am going to remove major content, but will leave the link to the newspaper page.

DO NOT copy/paste material that ends with a COPYRIGHT symbol, okay?

--------------
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 11:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Dec. 11 2012, 10:19 am)
Nugent is an ass.  I suggest you watch the Daily Show on this very topic.  It is the first 8 minutes of the clip.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-ep....obinson

Guns certainly make it easier to kill another, or to commit suicide.  There is no argument that guns make it easier to kill multiple people in one big spree, as any other weapon would at least allow for the intended victims to flee.

Costos was exercising his right to free speech, and voicing what many Americans feel.  We are one of the few nations with easy access to guns, and our murder rate reflects that access.  Our nation does not rely on the access to guns to remain in the forefront of democracy.  IMO, the writers of the Constitution were writing about their own times, where having a firearm allowed them to stage the Revolution.  In today's political environment, the public would not choose an armed uprising.  The authorities are much better armed, and there is much to be gained by peaceful assembly.  

Oh, you'll get no argument from me on Nugent being an ass, but..........we are along ways from Americans voluntarily relinquishing their "right to bear arms"

I'm sure Nugent recognizes Costas right to free speech as he was expressing his right to free speech and to bear arms.

--------------
 Post Number: 6
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 11:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought Ted was supposed be dead or in jail by now??
Is he waiting for the inauguration to follow through with his commitment?
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 11:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rockers are hyperbolic.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2012, 2:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bp2go @ Dec. 11 2012, 7:40 am)
I think you missed the part where the article is COPYRIGHTED!

I am going to remove major content, but will leave the link to the newspaper page.

DO NOT copy/paste material that ends with a COPYRIGHT symbol, okay?

Just to be clear, the absence of a copyright symbol doesn't mean it isn't copyrighted. People should assume everything is copyrighted unless indicated otherwise.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2012, 9:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't worry about it.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2012, 9:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It defies the imagination why anyone would take anything Negent says seriously.  That he is a major spokesman for the gun culture in this country speaks volumes.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 11
davela Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2012, 11:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

nugent the chickenhawk and child molester?Google it.His draft dodging story is a comical and pathetic read.He married a groupie he was banging when she was 16 or so- the gop calls that pedophelia..He really does represent the GOP quite well.Its amazing that any organization like wash times or nra would reference such a despicable moron and coward but that says more about them than nugent.

--------------

Protect Greater Canyonlands!

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
 Post Number: 12
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2012, 7:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Those damn Yankees.

--------------
Summon the Minions!
 Post Number: 13
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2012, 8:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Dec. 16 2012, 9:19 pm)
It defies the imagination why anyone would take anything Negent says seriously.  That he is a major spokesman for the gun culture in this country speaks volumes.

I'm not sure anyone does, other than those who already agree with him. Makes perfect sense that the Washington Times is the only source he can get printed in though.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2012, 9:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(davela @ Dec. 16 2012, 11:01 pm)
nugent the chickenhawk and child molester?Google it.His draft dodging story is a comical and pathetic read.He married a groupie he was banging when she was 16 or so- the gop calls that pedophelia..He really does represent the GOP quite well.Its amazing that any organization like wash times or nra would reference such a despicable moron and coward but that says more about them than nugent.

Didn't know all that. Funny how people will tend to overlook that type of flaws in others when they are a strong, loud advocate for something which they feel so passionate about.

--------------
 Post Number: 15
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2012, 1:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A more broadly based explanation/opinion about the gun culture in America:

Our Moloch by Garry Wills

The gun is not a mere tool, a bit of technology, a political issue, a point of debate. It is an object of reverence. Devotion to it precludes interruption with the sacrifices it entails. Like most gods, it does what it will, and cannot be questioned. Its acolytes think it is capable only of good things. It guarantees life and safety and freedom. It even guarantees law. Law grows from it. Then how can law question it?

Its power to do good is matched by its incapacity to do anything wrong. It cannot kill. Thwarting the god is what kills. If it seems to kill, that is only because the god’s bottomless appetite for death has not been adequately fed. The answer to problems caused by guns is more guns, millions of guns, guns everywhere, carried openly, carried secretly, in bars, in churches, in offices, in government buildings. Only the lack of guns can be a curse, not their beneficent omnipresence.

Adoration of Moloch permeates the country, imposing a hushed silence as he works his will. One cannot question his rites, even as the blood is gushing through the idol’s teeth. The White House spokesman invokes the silence of traditional in religious ceremony. “It is not the time” to question Moloch. No time is right for showing disrespect for Moloch.

The fact that the gun is a reverenced god can be seen in its manifold and apparently resistless powers. How do we worship it? Let us count the ways

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2012/dec/15/our-moloch/

It is worth taking the time to read the entire article by Garry Wills.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 16
davela Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2012, 9:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Guns are for cowards and lazy,fat,slobs.If you wanna be tough do martial arts or wrestling.People are so tough when they talk about guns its just pathetic to hear how wimpy the y actually are.They think they are tough and intimidating etc.If so it proves even more the dangerous,reckless objects they are.

--------------

Protect Greater Canyonlands!

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
15 replies since Dec. 11 2012, 10:08 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Rocker Ted Nugent blasts Costas
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions