2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 712345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: NRA/gun fans push fear/paranoia propaganda, in order to sell more guns< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
davela Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 4:46 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the biggest missions of the NRA is to fear monger.They create hysteria about the govt taking over your life and how you will need an ar15 to overthrow them.Ok this is an absurd joke because john doe will never be able to stand up agaisnt F16's,co-intel.Its a lost cause.Look at all those loser militia groups that get trounced.Even more importantly were where all these tough guys loaded with assault weapons when goldman sachs etc just raped their jobs,401k's and the US economy?If there ever was a reason for overthrow or revolt,there it was.Instead these gun nuts sat at home drinkin' a cold one or wackin' a rabbit.
The second thing the NRA does is to instill fear about how criminals are lurking everywhere so you have to have a bazooka for the counter attack.Violent crime is the exception not the rule.And it is mainly a component of big cities.When I hear people from small towns talk about the need to be loaded against the imminent violent crime wave that is about to beset their village i want to laugh at the utter absurdity of this delusion created by the gun industry.But its not funny at all because the NRA brainwashed the mother of adam lanza into believing this BS propaganda so she went out and bought a load of guns.

For instilling this bogus fear and propaganda,the NRA should be deemed a domestic terrorist organization(God knows,ted nugent the racist chickenhawk/coward/bully and vietnam draft dodger,was their president for a while).
Instilling fear is their business.Their business cost many lives in Newtown and across america every day.
The NRA has made the USA a much more dangerous place than it should be.

--------------

Protect Greater Canyonlands!

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 6:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The NRA also hires a lot of lobbyists to walk the halls of Congress to continuously remind lawmakers that millions of gunowners will vote based on a candidate's gun views.

The NRA also provides big campaign donations and help electing the candidates that they support.

Sadly, the NRA also perpetuates the falsehood that the Second Amendment - and the US Constitution - somehow makes it legal for citizens to own offensive weapons. The fact is that the courts have long ago chipped away at the outdated document as life in America has changed over the last 200+ years. For example, the courts repeatedly uphold gun bans, blatant infringements on the "right to bear arms", in many US cities.

I used in an earlier thread examples of  how the Fourth Amendment, the right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures, is meaningless in an era of today's random searches and seizures of cash by small town cops along America's highways. The fact is that US Constitution is a living document that changes over time as society changes.

Yet the NRA continues to whip up gun owners with the fiction that gun ownership is somehow a right. Stirring up a large segment of the misinformed population and convincing them to donate money and pay dues is the real agenda of the IRA. The NRA indoctrinates and pulls people into their gun cult and convinces them that all these "rights" still exist in a modern civilized society.

So I think that the NRA is a cult that should be, like other cults in the past, the focus of law enforcement attention. Their donors should be the subject of lengthy and detailed auditing by the IRS to the point that no sane person would donate for fear of costly and time consuming audits. Those candidates who accept political donations from the IRA should find themselves under constant investigation. Like the current FLDS seizures, seizure laws should be used wherever any legal violation can be found.

--------------
watch "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Three Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 6:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Dec. 20 2012, 6:19 am)
Their donors should be the subject of lengthy and detailed auditing by the IRS to the point that no sane person would donate for fear of costly and time consuming audits. Those candidates who accept political donations from the IRA should find themselves under constant investigation.

This is how a free country is supposed to operated under rule of law?   A legal organization and its members harassed and coerced by the government for having and voicing an opinion?

Please re-read your posts and reconsider the type of government action you are proposing.  You might find the answer to why many of us believe, humanly speaking, that the 2nd Amendment is the ultimate guarantor of of all the rest of the God given rights that the Constitution enumerates for "We the People"
 Post Number: 4
markinOhio Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 8:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The NRA seems to be pushing fear and paranoia, or at least are very good at attracting member that are paranoid. Sadly, The same can be said about pushing pictures of the scary looking bushmaster. Less than 3% of homicides are committed by rifles (blunt objects = 4%). Handguns are the killers, cheap ones, and not legally obtained. Although it greatly pains me to admit, I agree with most of what Obama has proposed so far (magazine size limits & improved methods for regulating non-FFL purchases). I think the NRA started as a organization of sportsmen, and they would be better served re-cultivating that culture, and dropping the wackos hiding in their bunkers.

Just for the record, I do not own a gun, I’ve never been a member of the NRA, and my deadliest weapon is a 7’ 3wt fly rod (trout assault weapon). However, I can sympathize with other sportsmen (hunters), and place the greatest importance on all personal freedoms.

As far as lobbies go, at least the NRA’s power is their number of members. Even though they might be wackos, representing wackos is less insidious than representing money (not people) like most of the other big lobbies that control our government.
 Post Number: 5
N2theWild Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 9:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good read and it's even from a democrat supporter.

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012....ell-you

--------------
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (2 Timothy 4:3)
 Post Number: 6
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

NRA and Religion.

Gives us your money or something really bad is going to happen to you!

Ps: what does it mean when you are "wackin' a rabbit"?
 Post Number: 7
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 9:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

4 million members, adding 8000 new members a day, and holding a press conference tomorrow.

For what it's worth, lots of people are mad at the NRA for not doing enough to defend gun rights.

To say they haven't compromised and crawfished on certain issues is simply untrue.

Really, it's the left that operates on fear and lies.

We all know that an assault weapons ban won't fix the problem yet the left still calls for it.

It's not about the gun, it's about control.  More government.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 8
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 9:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 9:42 am)
4 million members, adding 8000 new members a day, and holding a press conference tomorrow.

For what it's worth, lots of people are mad at the NRA for not doing enough to defend gun rights.

To say they haven't compromised and crawfished on certain issues is simply untrue.

We all know that an assault weapons ban won't fix the problem yet the left still calls for it.

Paranoid nonsense.

If your passion is guns, that's a warning sign.
 Post Number: 9
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 8:42 am)

I'm still waiting on a good, clear definition of assault weapon...then we'll might talk about the validity of banning them.

I mean, is it a weapon used to commit assault?  One of my walking sticks qualifies under that definition.  Large capacity?  Now we'll have to define "large."  Two? Twelve? Twenty?  And does this count only for detachable mags?  One of my rifles can be loaded with several rounds (qty depends on round chosen)...maybe 22 shorts max.  Once it's out, it takes a minute to completely reload, but it'll still kick out twenty rounds faster than the single-shot next to it.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 10:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Dec. 20 2012, 10:30 am)

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 8:42 am)

I'm still waiting on a good, clear definition of assault weapon...then we'll might talk about the validity of banning them.

I mean, is it a weapon used to commit assault?  One of my walking sticks qualifies under that definition.  Large capacity?  Now we'll have to define "large."  Two? Twelve? Twenty?  And does this count only for detachable mags?  One of my rifles can be loaded with several rounds (qty depends on round chosen)...maybe 22 shorts max.  Once it's out, it takes a minute to completely reload, but it'll still kick out twenty rounds faster than the single-shot next to it.

Well how about you offer one then HT?

I agree the definition is a tough one, but it can not be used as the excuse for doing nothing.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll play along....how about we use this one?

It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
   It must be capable of selective fire;
   It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
   Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt.
   And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters (1000 feet)

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being considered as such. For example, semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 (which the M16 rifle is based on) that share designs with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective fire capable.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 12
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 20 2012, 9:55 am)

Paranoid nonsense.

Totally unfair statement. His passion seems to be civil liberties and their constitutional protection.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Dec. 20 2012, 11:08 am)

Paranoid nonsense.

Totally unfair statement. His passion seems to be civil liberties and their constitutional protection.

lol - you've actually looked at what he calls himself right?
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 11:04 am)
like the AR-15 (which the M16 rifle is based on) that share designs with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective fire capable.

And of course you leave out the fact that they are very easily converted to fully automatic weapons which is why it was banned until 2004 when guys like you wanted the ban lifted. Shortly after it was used to kill a bunch of people in a movie theatre.

But gun nuts still won't be capable of following the connection between their political beliefs and real life outcome.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 11:04 am)
I'll play along....how about we use this one?

It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
   It must be capable of selective fire;
   It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
   Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt.
   And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters (1000 feet)

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being considered as such. For example, semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 (which the M16 rifle is based on) that share designs with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective fire capable.

Gunslinger,

I find your defintion of assault weapon militarily accurate but completely inadequate for current needs.

It leaves out:

Blackpowder, muzzle loading assault weapons.

Red Ryder BB assault weapons

Bow and arrow assault weapons

Super Soaker assault weapons

Sling shot assault weapons

Cap gun assault weapons

A better definition is perhaps anything that offends this administration's or the effetes' sensibilities.

The mainstream media gets around this ingeniously by generically referring to any implement used to do anything bad as an "AK-47"

Cheers,
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

His passion seems to be for those missing in action.

--------------
 Post Number: 17

Paranoid nonsense.

I guess that's why his screen name is gunslinger, because he's so focused in civil liberties.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gunslinging is a civil liberty, has been for more than 200 years.

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Paranoid nonsense.

Thank you sir, you are correct.

I see the attempt to eliminate such firearms as a personal attack on individual rights, freedom and liberty.

It's a knee jerk reaction to advance the socialist agenda by continued chipping away our 2nd amendment rights a little at a time until it can be eliminated all together.

One only has to look to the likes of Micheal Bloomberg and the Brady bunch to verify this fact.

Denying that groups such as these don't want an all out ban is a bold face lie and we all know it.  They'll take what they can get a little at a time but they won't be satisfied until there are no more to take.

It's an attempt to strip power from the people.

The hated rich will always have access and the full automatic ban proves that.  Got a spare $20,000 or so laying around and you can own about what ever you want.

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hmm, people's power comes from guns? Whatever happened to logic and knowledge?
 Post Number: 21
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ask yourself this: Which nations respond better to their citizens concerns?  If a massive protest is held, which countries are most likely to pass legislation addressing the protestors concerns? Which nations appear to be more responsive?

Then ask yourself when the last time a massive protest was held in the US and Congress did anything to address the concerns that brought about the protest?  Millions of people cannot be all wrong, can they?

So far, the current gun laws are being talked about, so that a certain type of gun can be better restricted from public ownership.  No one is talking about removing all guns, except on a few discussion boards.  Those opinions are in the vast minority, as are my own.  It just seems like once we begin discussing one type of gun, the discussion settles on all guns.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ Dec. 20 2012, 11:28 am)

New Hampshire Governor John Page in June of 1841 explains the bearing of arms as part of the military power of the State through an armed citizenry:

The “right of the people to keep and bear arms,” is a right dear to every freeman; arms should be in the hands of every citizen of the Republic, who is able to wield them, and it is the duty of Government to prescribe such rules of organization and discipline, as will give those arms the greatest possible efficiency.

Judge Advocate General of the Army ( May 27, 1910) held the word “arms” under the Second Amendment “refers to the arms of the militia or soldier and does not authorize the carrying of weapons not adapted to use for military purposes.”

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently you can use one to make up for the lack of the others.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why are liberals so rude as to insult someone who has a different opinion than them?

All at the same time using the words logic and knowledge?

Maybe we should start a topic on manners?

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 11:20 am)
I see the attempt to eliminate such firearms as a personal attack on individual rights, freedom and liberty.

What you fail to mention is that you're not just opposed to the elimination of firearms (which is not even remotely on the table) but you're opposed to any ration measures to regulate their use.

t's a knee jerk reaction to advance the socialist agenda by continued chipping away our 2nd amendment rights a little at a time until it can be eliminated all together.

You mention "socialist agenda" in the same line you refer to someone else having a knee jerk reaction? Too damn funny son.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Interesting video for your consideration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Perhaps the NRA is the leading civil rights organization in the U.S., at least when it come to the average person.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Me thinks weapons were useful back in the stone ages. Where the caveman with the biggest club got more chicks.
 Post Number: 28
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"to advance the socialist agenda"

Right alongside the globalist handler's!

Wow I can see the puppet strings from here.
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 12:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 20 2012, 11:43 am)

New Hampshire Governor John Page in June of 1841 explains the bearing of arms as part of the military power of the State through an armed citizenry:

The “right of the people to keep and bear arms,” is a right dear to every freeman; arms should be in the hands of every citizen of the Republic, who is able to wield them, and it is the duty of Government to prescribe such rules of organization and discipline, as will give those arms the greatest possible efficiency.

Judge Advocate General of the Army ( May 27, 1910) held the word “arms” under the Second Amendment “refers to the arms of the militia or soldier and does not authorize the carrying of weapons not adapted to use for military purposes.”

Well hell, if a governor from 1841 agrees with your opinion, it must be a good one. I'm convinced.

It's interesting though you avoided linking to your source of this quote since it gives a pretty damn good refutation of your views just a few lines later.

The above quotes illustrate the military connection with the right to “bear arms.” How can we be sure? States never used the phrase “bear arms” in their civil codes when addressing private gun ownership and usage but only when speaking of their military use through organized militias of the people for purpose of defense of homes, communities and State.

The court has never found a single exception of state statutory laws treating “bear arms” as anything other than arms belonging to the militia...

...With all the States compelling people by law to keep and bear arms and imposing penalties for failure to do so, proves beyond any doubt the bearing of arms under the Second Amendment is indeed connected to service in the militia. The additional fact that there were no demands for new amendments to the federal Constitution for any private right of individuals to own a gun but only demands for security against standing armies is further proof the Second Amendment was adopted for the sole purpose of securing citizens right to bear arms in service of well-regulated militias of the States to make standing armies unnecessary.

http://www.federalistblog.us/2010/09/second_amendment_fallacies/

You should try reading the whole thing instead of just cherry picking whatever you want.
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2012, 12:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

How about we look at federalist 28, unless, of course, you liberals think Hamilton was stupid.

Independent of all other reasonings upon the subject, it is a full answer to those who require a more peremptory provision against military establishments in time of peace, to say that the whole power of the proposed government is to be in the hands of the representatives of the people. This is the essential, and, after all, only efficacious security for the rights and privileges of the people, which is attainable in civil society.1

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair. The usurpers, clothed with the forms of legal authority, can too often crush the opposition in embryo. The smaller the extent of the territory, the more difficult will it be for the people to form a regular or systematic plan of opposition, and the more easy will it be to defeat their early efforts. Intelligence can be more speedily obtained of their preparations and movements, and the military force in the possession of the usurpers can be more rapidly directed against the part where the opposition has begun. In this situation there must be a peculiar coincidence of circumstances to insure success to the popular resistance.

--------------
199 replies since Dec. 20 2012, 4:46 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 712345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply NRA/gun fans push fear/paranoia propaganda
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions