2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Tagg Romney:  My Dad was just kidding, when he said e wanted to be president< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 11:20 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All those grassroots people who volunteered their time and energy for him just got kicked in the teeth by Tagg.

Mitt Romney ‘had no desire to run,’ son says

My how things change:

A 6 year quest for something he didn't really want...

Romney formally announces run for president

Romney, 59, had been widely seen as a likely presidential candidate during his final year as governor of Massachusetts. In 2006, he spent more than 212 days out of the state in what many saw as a preparation for a run for the White House. Romney said today that over last Christmas, he and his wife, Ann, gathered their five sons and five daughters-in-law to ask them whether he should run for president. Their support was unanimous.

"And so, with them behind us, with the fine people of Michigan before us, and with my sweetheart beside me, I declare my intention to run for president of the United States," Romney said.

http://www.boston.com/news...._2.html
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 12:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dang, that is a shame.  Too bad that the Republicans could not find at least one person to run against him in the primaries, so that Mitt wasn't forced to accept the nomination in August.

I guess maybe Tagg and Matt were a little miffed to see all those multi millions being removed from their rightful inheritance, neh??

LOL

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 3
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 12:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Similar sour grape excuses:

You didn't break up with me. I broke up with you.
I didn't get fired. I quit.
I really don't spend that much time on Bin Laden.
 Post Number: 4
davela Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 12:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow,what an idiot for a son.This guy talks about punching out the president then blabs that his dad was a douche after all?does the apple fall far from the tree.This kid has no edit feature does he?

--------------

Protect Greater Canyonlands!

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If true... I'm glad Obama won.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 6
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 1:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Dec. 24 2012, 9:02 am)
Dang, that is a shame.  Too bad that the Republicans could not find at least one person to run against him in the primaries, so that Mitt wasn't forced to accept the nomination in August.

I guess maybe Tagg and Matt were a little miffed to see all those multi millions being removed from their rightful inheritance, neh??

LOL

Except that Mitt didn't spend any of his own money this time around.

In fact, financially he got the best of both worlds. Winning the nomination substantially increases his earning power (from speaking engagements to corporate board memberships to the inevitable ghost-written book about how he won the white vote); winning the presidency would have constrained it over the next four years.

So maybe that was the plan all along.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Dec. 24 2012, 9:36 am)
If true... I'm glad Obama won.

If not true... I'm glad Obama won.
 Post Number: 8
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 2:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Speaking of losing presidential elections:

The GOP self post-mortem seems to be over.  No problems found that REALLY require change.  Mumble a couple of things about the Hispanic vote.  Replace that liberal Boehner.  Otherwise, we're good.

Just make sure the next candidate isn't kidding, I guess, is about it.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 9
FnAskippy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 3:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I too felt that his candidacy was only a joke.

--------------
The movie is over. You should leave NOW

"When you shop, you're really voting for the kind of world you want."
Gary Hershberg
 Post Number: 10
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2012, 3:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(FnAskippy @ Dec. 24 2012, 3:04 pm)
I too felt that his candidacy was only a joke.

Speaking of jokes, I saw a women driving today with a "NEWT2012" bumpersticker.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Prolly his next fiance', neh?

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 12
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 12:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Look, don't flame me for this, I know that Romney's-and my-political views are opposite to 90% of the TPA's posters.
But if you actually read what his son said, it was that his father didn't have a lifelong burning desire to be president, that he is a fairly private man, and that he was reluctant to get into the mud pit of presidential politics, but that he felt-and I know all of you will disagree-that he could actually serve the country and use his background to solve some of the fiscal problems the country is facing, and that is why he ran.

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 13
DonTom Search for posts by this member.
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 6:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Panhandler @ Dec. 24 2012, 12:11 pm)
Speaking of jokes, I saw a women driving today with a "NEWT2012" bumpersticker.

Speaking of jokes, I am glad one didn't get elected!

-Don-

--------------
-Don- South San Francisco, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV (near Reno).
 Post Number: 14
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 8:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One can only speculate why Romney decided to run, what his motivations were, and what he hoped to accomplish as president, because most of what came out of his mouth during the campaign was untethered to the truth.

2012 Presidential candidate Willard Mitt Romney was the most pathological LIAR I have ever seen run for that office. I would not accept at face value anything that man said, or his family members said for that matter.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 11:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The best news is that it did not work.  

Grass roots organization of working class Americans was able to defeat the big money lie machine, when they gave it their best shot.

The election night pictures of Karl Rove will become cultural icons!

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
14 replies since Dec. 24 2012, 11:20 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Tagg Romney:  My Dad was just kidding
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions