2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: I hope Santa brings me a Bushmaster!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 2:38 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So I can protect myself against grade schoolers, firefighters, and prairie dogs.

I'm such a manly man!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 4:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, but what if you were eating out at a restaurant.

Wouldn't you feel a lot safer if, sitting at the next table, was Wayne LaPierre with a .357 and a bushmaster slung over his shoulder?

Especially if you knew he had just sharpened his aim wiping out a family of prairie dogs?

And, especially if an armed lunatic walked into the restaurant?

Oh, wait a minute...there already is an armed lunatic in the restaurant.

Never mind.

:)

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 3
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 4:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Ory:

Ever notice how santa and satan have exactly the same letters?   Mwahahaha...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 7:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OG, I sure hope that there is not any clerical mistake in your request!

Santa might bring you a bushmaster.

Be Vewy, vewy careful opening that package.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 5
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 25 2012, 1:19 pm)
Hey Ory:

Ever notice how santa and satan have exactly the same letters?   Mwahahaha...

:D

I am Santa Claus
 Post Number: 6
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It would be a nice gift wouldn't it?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 8:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

20 dead first graders, and their parents, don't think so.

Maybe you are out of step with America??

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 8
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 8:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Dec. 25 2012, 5:30 pm)
20 dead first graders, and their parents, don't think so.

Plus two firefighters and a newly found 3rd victim over at the Spengler house.  

Merry Bushmaster Christmas!

God bless us, every one!  (maybe now we know why Tiny Tim couldn't walk?)

Post Number: 9
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2012, 8:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 25 2012, 5:25 pm)

Well the squirrels have been getting into my feeder again.  

Maybe I should grease the furry little mofos from 600 yards!  Rawwr!!  

I feel manlier already, just thinkin' about it.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(orygawn @ Dec. 25 2012, 8:46 pm)

If you can hit one at 600 yards with an out of the box Bushmaster and factory ammo you're a better shot than I am.

No, not really, let me re phrase.....a luckier shot than I am.

I stopped by a few gun stores Christmas eve.

All were sold out of AR's, and mags as well.

Brownell's sold 3 and a half years worth of 30 round mags in 3 days.

You liberals are driving gun sales with the talk of a ban.....the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish....

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 11
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 26 2012, 10:42 am)

(orygawn @ Dec. 25 2012, 8:46 pm)

If you can hit one at 600 yards with an out of the box Bushmaster and factory ammo you're a better shot than I am.

No, not really, let me re phrase.....a luckier shot than I am.

You liberals are driving gun sales with the talk of a ban.....the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish....

Awww, look how happy he is that all those good ole boys are getting played by the gun manufacturers.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll bet the NRA and LaPierre get a big fat bonus, neh?

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 2:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 26 2012, 7:42 am)

What a touching Christmas story.

Baby Jesus is so happy!
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 3:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Dec. 26 2012, 2:26 pm)
I'll bet the NRA and LaPierre get a big fat bonus, neh?

Let's hope so....

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 4:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They'll need it when they start losing wrongful death suits.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 16
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(orygawn @ Dec. 25 2012, 2:38 pm)
So I can protect myself against grade schoolers, firefighters, and prairie dogs.

I'm such a manly man!

Did you know that Santa needs to know your wish BEFORE 11:38 am on Christmas day?

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Dec. 26 2012, 4:15 pm)

It's your money, spend it how ever you wish....sue away baby.

So the NRA is responsible for a wrongful death.

Hate speech much?

--------------
 Post Number: 18
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 7:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I noticed the same thing. My husband and I went to our local range to check it out (finally!) after living less than a mile away for 5 years.

They had lots of things to rent, but many things were sold out. Glad our local business are getting a bump at least. Between the range and the local gun shops, they employ a lot of people.

Embarrassed to admit it was my first time really shooting anything other than that .22 my mom kept in the house when I was a kid, but we had a lot of fun. They gave me a 9mm Smith and Wesson, and I was happy with my accuracy for my first time out. We got a membership for the year which includes free rentals for a year and a % off the practice round purchases.

I feel better being confident with all of the moving parts. I'm hoping this range has the Glocks that don't really work that you can practice field stripping, because if I buy anything I want to know how to take it apart and put it back together.

So...I didn't ask Santa to bring me a Bushmaster OP, but maybe something along those lines that is legal in California...

Arms ownership is already so strict in CA I doubt that any of the federally proposed restrictions would change anything here.

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 7:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Dec. 26 2012, 1:15 pm)

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), 15 U.S.C. §§ 7901-7903 bars civil suits against gun manufacturers for damages caused by firearms, when the injury resulted from "criminal or unlawful misuse" of the firearm. The law allows claims for design defects, but not when the injury was the result of an unforeseeable use of the firearm or a criminal offense.

--------------

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 20
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 7:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 26 2012, 10:42 am)

What do you mean....more guns equals less crime....they are saving the planet :laugh:

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 21
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 7:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(orygawn @ Dec. 25 2012, 2:38 pm)

I'm such a manly man!

Santa might bring you one

when you -rove you can be responsible enough

Until then...no puppy, no pony, and no firearms

Try cleaning your room and you can talk :p

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 22
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 8:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 25 2012, 8:25 pm)

For a psycho.
 Post Number: 23
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 8:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(yosemite girl @ Dec. 26 2012, 4:16 pm)

So...I didn't ask Santa to bring me a Bushmaster OP, but maybe something along those lines that is legal in California...

Arms ownership is already so strict in CA I doubt that any of the federally proposed restrictions would change anything here.

I've seen listings of California compliant Bushmasters.

Doesn't fill any niche for me so I've never bothered to see what's different from the versions for other states.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can we not ask wannabe bushmaster owners to self-deport? Well, and existing owners for that matter?
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 12:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, you can ask.

In other self-deporting wishes, I saw a statistic today that 3.8 million Americans weigh more than 300 lbs. I'll leave it at that.

Does it make a difference that, prior to owning any kind of firearm, I plan on taking lots of training, knowing whatever it is that I buy inside and out, and keeping it in a gun safe with a combo lock (and only my husband and I know the combo)?

--------------

Post Number: 26
Bateauxdriver Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 1:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm trying to buy a Smith & Wesson M&P 15.  They are no where to be found. I at one time wanted a Bushmaster but, I'm a S&W fan.

I was in Cabelas a few weeks ago buying my son a Browning Silver 12 guage and the line to buy guns was incredible. You have to take a number and wait to be served. Ammo shelves emptied and restocked around the clock.   Nothing like a media frenzy to sell guns and ammo.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 8:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A bunch of paranoid people in a gun shop. Great combo.
 Post Number: 28
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 9:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(yosemite girl @ Dec. 26 2012, 10:13 pm)
I saw a statistic today that 3.8 million Americans weigh more than 300 lbs. I'll leave it at that.

Does it make a difference that, prior to owning any kind of firearm, I plan on taking lots of training, ..

There's more to owning a combat arm than just shooting, as in obstacle courses and close combat course  when the gubmint revenooers, "Men In Black", or DeltaForce helicopter in to possess that used '74 station wagon rusting in the yard (or 6 mo. worth of your special dehydrated meatloaf, etc..). Seriously ... Hasn't anyone figured out the gubmint doesn't want your stuff?

If 3.8 million weigh over 300lb and about 75% are overweight (CDC..p.15...... ditto for gun owners), ......the only obstacle course most gun owners will be able to tackle is reaching over the mashed potatoes for the fried chicken at the buffet.

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 29
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Whether I should  keep a loaded gun handy, or not?:

The Bad Guy crawling thru my window would be in greater danger.

But, so would my GrandChildren.

(If you think you can prevent a determined child from figuring out how to get to your gun, you underestimate the ingenuity of kids).  

I don't want to decrease the risk to my own life  if it means adding to the risk for them.  Had a great Christmas with them.  Want to do my best to make sure I can do the same next year.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 10:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree Old Frank....when the grand kids are here the firearms are in the safe.

There's a time and a place for everything.

--------------
53 replies since Dec. 25 2012, 2:38 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply I hope Santa brings me a Bushmaster!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions