2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Two Year Old Shoots Self, On Xmas Day< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 9:39 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With gun owned by moron.

CONWAY, S.C. — Authorities say a 2-year-old boy died on Christmas Day after he grabbed a loaded gun left on a table in a home in Conway and shot himself.

Horry County Police said Wednesday they arrested the 30-year-old man who brought the gun into the home. Rondell Smith is charged with involuntary manslaughter.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news....xfinity

So can we at least agree that an IQ test should be administered before some inbred exercises his 2nd Amendment rights?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 9:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 26 2012, 6:39 pm)
Horry County Police said Wednesday they arrested the 30-year-old man who brought the gun into the home. Rondell Smith is charged with involuntary manslaughter.

One innocent life snuffed out because of an adult's carelessness, or complete disregard, or whatever, it doesn't even seem to matter anymore... Insane.    :(

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 9:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If only Wayne LaPierre could have a few more thousand memberships, he could start providing armed guards for toddlers.
 Post Number: 4
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 26 2012, 10:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like the dead child's father was the one who left the loaded gun on the table!  Tragic.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 5
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 12:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 26 2012, 6:39 pm)
With gun owned by moron.

CONWAY, S.C. — Authorities say a 2-year-old boy died on Christmas Day after he grabbed a loaded gun left on a table in a home in Conway and shot himself.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news....xfinity

So can we at least agree that an IQ test should be administered before some inbred exercises his 2nd Amendment rights?

...or has kids at all...

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 6
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 11:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(yosemite girl @ Dec. 27 2012, 12:08 am)
...or has kids at all...

Amen

I am always amazed at the endless hoops commited couples have to jump through to adopt a child when we let any idiots produce all the offsrping they want with no regard for their suitability

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 7
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 12:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another case where a smart gun would have averted tragedy, cancelled out the stupidity of an adult gun owner who had litter or no regard for human life.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 1:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another Christmas tragedy that could have been prevented by smart gun technology, since we don't seem to have responsible adults in the lives of these children:

(Memphis) A 10-year-old boy was shot and killed when he and his brother were handling a gun Tuesday afternoon.

Memphis police were called to the 3200 block of Coleman Avenue at 1:19 p.m. to find 10-year-old Alfreddie Gipson shot in the abdomen area. He was taken to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in extremely critical condition, but was later pronounced dead.

Tuesday night, police would only say the brothers got a hold of an unsecured handgun in a bedroom. An adult family member was at home at the time, but did not know the children had found the gun.

Police said the gun went off and struck Gipson.

The MPD’s homicide bureau is treating the incident as an accidental shooting. The 12-year-old brother is back with family, and no criminal charges will be filed at this point.

http://wreg.com/2012....ristmas

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 9
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 2:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

AAA officials are reminding U.S. drivers and passengers alike New Year's Day consistently ranks as the year's deadliest day for alcohol-related fatalities.

http://www.upi.com/Health_....6629836

We can fix that with just two simple laws.  1. outlaw alcohol.  2. require ignition locks on all vehicles.  Even if you think 1 might fail (and why would you?) you'd have to agree that 2 would work, wouldn't you?

Or we could just outlaw New Year's eve, because obviously it is causing all these fatalities.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 3:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Just bury your head a little deeper in the sand.  Hope that sand is well seasoned.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 11
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 3:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Dec. 28 2012, 3:37 pm)
Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Just bury your head a little deeper in the sand.  Hope that sand is well seasoned.

I don't think that is sand.
 Post Number: 12
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 3:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Dec. 28 2012, 2:48 pm)
AAA officials are reminding U.S. drivers and passengers alike New Year's Day consistently ranks as the year's deadliest day for alcohol-related fatalities.

http://www.upi.com/Health_....6629836

We can fix that with just two simple laws.  1. outlaw alcohol.  2. require ignition locks on all vehicles.  Even if you think 1 might fail (and why would you?) you'd have to agree that 2 would work, wouldn't you?

Or we could just outlaw New Year's eve, because obviously it is causing all these fatalities.

Or we could stop making ridiculous scenarios about vehicle safety regulations, just to protect our right to carry a gun.

If you were critically thinking about this, you might have suggested that all new cars be made with a "breathalyzer" type device that prevents engine from starting when a dangerous level of blood alcohol is recognized.  That seems reasonable, doesn't it? I know I'd support it, if it would meaningfully reduce auto deaths where alcohol was a factor.

No need to outlaw alcohol.  Now if only gun owners would come to the realization that no one is trying to take their precious toys away, and that we are only asking for sensible regulations, we could have a real discussion instead of this nonsense.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 13
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Same old same old logic you can't answer.

Is alcohol that important to your life that you can't imagine impinging on your right to ingest it?

Is drunk driving so small a problem that ignition locks are not worth consideration?

You are supposed to wear pants under those chaps to keep yourself from being exposed.
 Post Number: 14
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Dec. 28 2012, 4:38 pm)

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Is alcohol that important to your life that you can't imagine impinging on your right to ingest it?

Is drunk driving so small a problem that ignition locks are not worth consideration?

You are supposed to wear pants under those chaps to keep yourself from being exposed.

So, since you seem to be really hung up on drunk driving...

Let's say we, as a nation, theoretically give in to your demand for ignition locks to prevent drunk driving, in exchange for a reasonable NEW regulation for guns.  What, sir, are you offering exactly?

ETA: I could no longer edit my above post, but I did not realize ignition locks and a breathalyzer ignition were one in the same.  But my question stands, because I think an ignition lock is a reasonable approach to prevent drunk driving.  What is your reasonable approach to better regulate the use of guns?

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 15
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 5:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Dec. 28 2012, 4:38 pm)

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Nogods - it's a pathetic attempt not to address any of the issues involved and instead wander off on your own ramble. You're just avoiding dealing with the consequences of your gun ownership on others.

We have a lot of regulations around alcohol - it's making, it's selling, it's consumption, what we may consume and where and when we may consume it.

Grow up and deal with the question at hand and stop making excuses.

Your right to these weapons cost the majority of these kids their lives. Deal with it and deal with what people are saying to you or suggesting.
14 replies since Dec. 26 2012, 9:39 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Two Year Old Shoots Self
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions