2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: If they pass another AWB, Will journalists still be exempt?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 6:07 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://dailycaller.com/2012....gregory

Idiot asks the DC police if he can use a 30 round AR magazine on the air despite the DC ban on them.

They tell him no but he does it anyway

The media elites say it doesn't matter

Priceless :laugh:

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 8:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 27 2012, 6:07 pm)
http://dailycaller.com/2012....gregory

Idiot asks the DC police if he can use a 30 round AR magazine on the air despite the DC ban on them.

They tell him no but he does it anyway

The media elites say it doesn't matter

Priceless :laugh:

They didn't tell him "no" smart guy.

Well-placed law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... a staffer from "Meet the Press" called ATF before the show aired to inquire about the legality of David holding the empty magazine during a segment on gun control.  We're told the ATF person contacted the D.C. police to find out if the District of Columbia -- the place where the show is broadcast -- had a law prohibiting such a display.  

Our sources say the D.C. police official informed ATF David could legally show the magazine, provided it was empty.  An ATF official then called the staffer from "Meet the Press" to inform them they could use the magazine.

D.C. police released a statement today, saying "NBC contacted the Metropolitan Police Dept. inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for this segment.  NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and the request was denied."

It appears "Meet the Press" may have gotten 2 different answers from law enforcement.

Read more: ]http://www.tmz.com/2012....]

Do you ever grow tired of being made the fool so often?
 Post Number: 3
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 9:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't see an analysis that what Gregory did was illegal.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 27 2012, 11:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

HG   if you ever make anyone else look like a fool it will be a special event

Possesion of a 30 round AR Magazine is illegal in DC

DG asked Dp police if it was legal and was told NO

He still did it

After being called on it he found some ATF folks who sid maybe it was OK..but it ws not

That is not the same thing as NOT violating the law

This bozo could have legally shown a pic of a magazine but instead he broke the law

http://www.politico.com/blogs....l?hp=r2

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 5
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 27 2012, 8:56 pm)

Babs doesn't need your help HG, he does just fine as a solo act.
 Post Number: 6
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Politico contacted ATF themselves.
"UPDATE (7:35 p.m.): An ATF official tells POLITICO that the information the D.C. Police official provided to the ATF, which the ATF then provided to "Meet The Press," was inaccurate.

The D.C. Police official cited in the TMZ report incorrectly told the ATF that it would not be illegal for Gregory to show an empty gun magazine on Meet The Press.

As D.C. Police Officer Metcalf told POLITICO earlier today, it was illegal.

The ATF official, who spoke to POLITICO on the condition of anonymity, said the bureau regretted that the misunderstanding had created these issues."

Oh and David Gregory would have contacted no one: that's what staffs are for.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 5:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Dec. 28 2012, 12:09 am)

(BillBab @ Dec. 27 2012, 8:56 pm)

Babs doesn't need your help HG, he does just fine as a solo act.

And too damn clueless to realize it.

Wonder what Facebook meme he'll be touting tomorrow?
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 7:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“From: “DC Police (imailagent)” <customerservice.mpd2@dc.gov>
Subject: Email from DC Police (Intranet Quorum IMA00519327)
Date: December 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM EST
To: -

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on “Meet the Press.” MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service – Metropolitan Police Department”

Interesting that someone at ATF is covering for them. Even more interesting that NBC would think the ATF can simply give them permission to ignore a law.

Even more interesting to see all the anti-gun folks saying ignorance of the law should get him off

Hypocrites much

Seem to recall some people that accidently carried weapons in forbidden places that were deemed too dumb to live

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012....segment

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 10:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Stop jumping up and down. You're bothering the neighbors below.
 Post Number: 10
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Per B people at a federal agency would lie but Washington PD  "customer service" is a font of truth and accuracy (though they actually don't directly address the timeline ATF is quoted on).

That's just so cute.

What's less cute is howling after the blood of some poor production assistant who was in charge of that item. Hopefully the company will pay his or her fines in full.
 Post Number: 11
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lets talk about THIS instead of DEAD KIDS!!!
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't misunderstand me...I think the law is stupid

Not just a little stupid....really totally stupid

But this illustrates so perfectly how ludicrous these gun laws are. D.G. could be fined and spend up to  a year in jail. All for simple possession with no intent to harm anyone. The law does not require him to  have a rifle or ammunition in order to be found guilty. The law does not require him to menace anyone in order to be found guilty.

Simple possession of an ammunition feeding device....how lame is that :laugh:  

But even an anti-gun journalist easily got his hands on one of these tools of destruction and anyone that simply held it in their hands could be charged. I would imagine that whoever gave it to NBC could also be charged

And yes....the D.C. police are standing behind the story that they told NBC that it was illegal

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local....ry.html

I can't help but imagine that such a "request for permission" by any innocent "civilian" would probably spark a visit by the police

Once again, the only people that follow these stupid laws are law abiding gun owners

The main reason that so called "assault weapons" are used in less than 2 percent of crimes is because they are difficult to conceal. Not because bad guys are afraid of silly gun laws.

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 28 2012, 10:23 am)
Stop jumping up and down. You're bothering the neighbors below.

I know you still live in your parent's basement.....but that is not me making that noise you hear :laugh:

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 28 2012, 12:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 28 2012, 12:12 pm)
Don't misunderstand me...I think the law is stupid

Check out the Bab changing his tune to match what the NRA is saying. Too funny.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 9:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I changed nothing...but I don't expect you to be able to keep up when the adults are talking.

Here is a journalist getting preferential treatment for breaking a really stupid (and proven ineffective) law

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 29 2012, 9:46 am)
I changed nothing...but I don't expect you to be able to keep up when the adults are talking.

Of course you did. You were babbling on and on about how Gregory should be prosecuted. Then the NRA came out and said he shouldn't because they don't like the law in the first place. Now you're regurgitating that talking point word for word.

You should at least attempt thinking for yourself sometime and see what happens.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 10:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 29 2012, 10:53 am)
Of course you did. You were babbling on and on about how Gregory should be prosecuted.

Hey dumba$$

Where did I say he should be prosecuted???

Exactly where?

Not another...well you said this and I assumed you meant this

You keep imagining things :laugh:

Read slower....and feel free to move your lips....nobody can see you

I have simply been poking fun at the hypocrisy (and stupidity) of the anti-gun crowd

And most gun laws in general

Plenty of dangerous things in this world and we do not severely restict possesion of them because they might be used in a crime

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 30 2012, 10:52 am)

(HighGravity @ Dec. 29 2012, 10:53 am)
Of course you did. You were babbling on and on about how Gregory should be prosecuted.

Hey dumba$$

Where did I say he should be prosecuted???

Exactly where?

Not another...well you said this and I assumed you meant this

You keep imagining things :laugh:

Read slower....and feel free to move your lips....nobody can see you

I have simply been poking fun at the hypocrisy (and stupidity) of the anti-gun crowd

And most gun laws in general

Plenty of dangerous things in this world and we do not severely restict possesion of them because they might be used in a crime

If you're whining that he's not being prosecuted, logic dictates that you want him prosecuted. But given your aversion to logic I guess I can see why you whined endlessly about an issue you cared nothing about.   :D
17 replies since Dec. 27 2012, 6:07 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply If they pass another AWB
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions