2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Look Who Spent the Most in 2012 Campaigns, Very Funny< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 12:49 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This chart is simply great!  

The two wildest spenders in the 2012 election were two of those proclaiming most loudly that their whole approach was to spend less in the government!!  

Not only did Bachman and West make the top two, both Ryan and Cantor are in the top 20!!

Turns out the big savers are actually, the biggest spenders! What a surprise!

The most expensive votes of 2012, in one chart

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs....e-chart

At the top of the chart are two members of Congress who spent more than $100 per vote: Reps. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) and Allen West (R-Fla.). Bachmann spent more than $140 per eligible voter in her district, while West spent over $108 per voter in his district. No one else on the chart even cracks $65 per eligible voter. Both Bachmann and West competed in very tight contests (Bachmann narrowly won, while West was edged out by Democrat Patrick Murphy), and both were on our list of the best fundraisers of 2012.

* Spending big does not guarantee a win: Ten of the 20 candidates on the chart lost.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 12:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The wingnut response will be that no one was "forced" to donate to their campaigns.
 Post Number: 3
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 1:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unlike union members!

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 4
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 29 2012, 10:01 am)
Unlike union members!

Yes those evil unions are just dominating politics, aren't they?

A link to reality for anyone interested

Business $2,361,451,057
Labor           $127,026,869
 Post Number: 5
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Dec. 29 2012, 1:13 pm)

(BillBab @ Dec. 29 2012, 10:01 am)
Unlike union members!

Yes those evil unions are just dominating politics, aren't they?

A link to reality for anyone interested

Business $2,361,451,057
Labor $127,026,869

What I always find interesting about the anti-labor rhetoric is that it mostly comes from loud mouth right wingers in red states where incomes are below the national average and unions are practically non-existent.
 Post Number: 6
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 12:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

True, but as long as they have freedom to buy lots of many shooters, to make themselves BIG, who cares about a good income for their families??

Too busy perfecting their "hunting" skills with a Bushmaster for such mundane issues as making a salary from their work that would allow education of their children.

What a country!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
5 replies since Dec. 29 2012, 12:49 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Look Who Spent the Most in 2012 Campaigns
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions