2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Weapon used by Adam Lanza, Clear this up for me< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 7:15 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At a discussion last night, a friend of mine - a strong gun advocate - insisted that Lanza did not use a semi-automatic rifle in his killing spree in Newtown.  That's contrary to my impression.  Can someone clear this up for me or point me to a definitive source on the issure?

Thanks.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 7:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He seems to be getting his information from the depths of the pro gun camp on the Internet. They are not really interested in honesty. Just trying to throw enough crap about on the Internet to create enough doubt for nothing to be done.

Editor of red state. Hardly a liberal source, confirmed here.

http://www.redstate.com/2012....r-ar-15
 Post Number: 3
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 7:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He's wrong. The Bushmaster AR15 is a semi-automatic.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 7:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The comment section is highly amusing in a freak show sort of way though.
 Post Number: 5
damnedjose Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 9:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

well, i suppose it's good you want to know exactly the type of weapon the little monster used. personally, since newtown i've learned so much more about ar15's and their use, plus the five-seven semi automatic pistol used in the ft. hood shooting. the five-seven i guess is an ultra lightweight bullet that creates chaos in the body as it tumbles (by design) through its trajectory. also has 1/3 recoil of a 9mm..... this allows for much more accurate shooting.

didn't know any of this before newtown.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 10:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Dec. 29 2012, 7:21 pm)

My friend maintains that while Lanza had a Bushmaster AR15 with him, he didn't actually use it in the shootings?  Comments?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 10:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Dec. 29 2012, 10:24 pm)

My friend maintains that while Lanza had a Bushmaster AR15 with him, he didn't actually use it in the shootings?  Comments?

The link I posted covers it. It's would appear to be part of the cloud of lies being out out by the gun lobby that they want to blame on the mainstream media.
 Post Number: 8
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 29 2012, 10:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All evidence being reported by investigators indicate the primary weapon used in the majority of deaths was the AR15.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 9
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 10:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Your friend read, and believed the early reports

The early reporting said the Bushmaster was left in his car

In reality a shotgun was left in his car

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 10
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Dec. 30 2012, 10:36 am)

The media has been all over the place on this and thus the confusion.

I guess what amazes me is why it matters......

The 9-11 terrorist didn't need a firearm and killed thousands......

No firearm used at the Federal building in Oklahoma City either.

Blame the firearm if it makes you feel better, but realize, a ban is just that.....something to make the liberals feel better and a poke in the eye for those of us who love liberty.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 11
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 11:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 30 2012, 10:53 am)

Blame the firearm if it makes you feel better, but realize, a ban is just that.....something to make the liberals feel better and a poke in the eye for those of us who love liberty.

Using exceptions to the rule to make the rule is lunacy.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 11:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 30 2012, 10:53 am)

Really... Because such a thing as bombs exist all firearms should be ok....

Do you actually ever think about the things you are saying before your fingers hit the keys?
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 7:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do you not realize a ban won't stop these types of evil?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 7:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 30 2012, 7:05 pm)

So in this Lanza case, do you think he would have done the same damage with a knife?

The kid was a wimp. He chose a wimp's method of attack.  

Since OK City, large purchases of fertilizer are now monitored.  Why not do the same for firearms?
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 7:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 30 2012, 7:08 pm)

So in this Lanza case, do you think he would have done the same damage with a knife?

Since OK City, large purchases of fertilizer are now monitored.  Why not do the same for firearms?

I bought a ton with no paperwork.......just saying....

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 7:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's what the smell is.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 7:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 30 2012, 7:32 pm)

(HighGravity @ Dec. 30 2012, 7:08 pm)

I bought a ton with no paperwork.......just saying....

I'm sure you were already on the radar.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 8:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You're the one that made the claim.

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Dec. 31 2012, 8:03 am)

Are you claiming that the Department of Homeland Security does not monitor large sales of fertilizer?  I suggest you go buy a couple barrels of ammonium nitrate and let us know how that works out for you.

Why should it be okay to monitor sales of fertilizer but not firearms?
 Post Number: 20
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, I do realize that sensible bans of semi auto weapons, and large capacity magazines, and bullets designed primarily for human killing will not "stop" mass killings absolutely, but I also know that it will greatly diminish them, just like sensible safety features do for all kinds of tools.

Look at what has happened elsewhere:

The ‘more guns, less crime’ argument is utter nonsense. Britain, after Dunblane, introduced some of the toughest gun laws in Europe, and we average just 35 gun murders a year.  

Japan, which has the toughest gun control in the world, had just TWO in 2006 and averages fewer than 20 a year. In Australia, they’ve not had a mass shooting since stringent new laws were brought in after 35 people were murdered in the country’s worst-ever mass shooting in Tasmania in 1996. Fewer guns equals less gun murder. This is not a ‘pinko liberal’ hypothesis. It’s a simple fact.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....lf.html

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 2:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This statement expresses more about Slinger's worldview than any of the other crazy stuff he says. The fact that he reduces human behavior and specific acts of violence down to a term like "evil," reveals why he is in such opposition to realistic measures to solve problems. When you believe responsibility for real actions can be eliminated by blaming them on the devil, then why would you look for real solutions to dealing with real problems? In his world, the devil is in charge so we might as well just arm ourselves to the teeth and hope for the best.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 01 2013, 11:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 31 2012, 11:40 am)

(gunslinger @ Dec. 31 2012, 8:03 am)

Are you claiming that the Department of Homeland Security does not monitor large sales of fertilizer?  I suggest you go buy a couple barrels of ammonium nitrate and let us know how that works out for you.

I'm telling you I put almost 2000 pounds of ammonium nitrate on my pasture.  You can still buy it at the hardware store or Farmers co-op no paperwork.

Now, try again please.

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 01 2013, 11:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Then you're in violation of the law. http://articles.latimes.com/2011....0110803

Slinger why do you have no problem with fertilizer being regulated and monitored but you do have a problem guns being regulated?
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 01 2013, 12:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What part of proposed don't you understand?  Did you even read the link?

"Under the proposed regulations, anyone who buys, sells or transfers 25 pounds of the chemical must apply to register with the department."

You really need to get out more.  Why don't you stop at a hardware store and see if they still sell it.

People do use the stuff or other than bomb making you know?  Funny thing about it.....makes crops grow....and lawns...and pastures.....

Now, try again.....

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 01 2013, 1:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why do you keep diverting? That article is several years old. The regulations are now in place.

So again I ask, Slinger why do you have no problem with fertilizer being regulated and monitored but you do have a problem guns being regulated?

Looking forward to your next diversion.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 7:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Isn't the instant background check monitoring the sale?

--------------
 Post Number: 27
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 10:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Dec. 31 2012, 11:40 am)

In what world do you live where firearms sales are NOT monitored?
 Post Number: 28
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 10:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's a different but related question.

How long did the shootings take?  I mean from the first shot fired to the last shot fired (reportedly to kill himself), how much time elapsed?
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 10:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Jan. 02 2013, 10:40 am)
How long did the shootings take?  I mean from the first shot fired to the last shot fired (reportedly to kill himself), how much time elapsed?

I heard one report on CBS, but can't otherwise verify it, that said the whole incident took about 10 minutes.

--------------
 Post Number: 30
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 10:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Jan. 02 2013, 8:40 am)
Here's a different but related question.

This is not an expert opinion,  but I have read that the first policeman to respond was at the school in 10 minutes, and that upon seeing the officer, Mr. Lanza ducked back into a classroom and dispatched himself.
It is my understanding that there were two main areas of shooting, the front office, where the principal and several school staff members lost their lives, and a classroom. Since most of the victims were shot multiple times, with some time elapsed to move from one area to another, as well as time to reload, which had to be done a few times,  murdering almost three people a minute would seem to indicate that the late Mr. Lanza was busy indeed.
It's upsetting even writing these words.

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
125 replies since Dec. 29 2012, 7:15 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Weapon used by Adam Lanza
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions