2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Dianne Feinstein = Hypocrite< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
BackpackHNTR Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 12:36 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

[FLASH=400,400] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuBbLeqZbPA[/FLASH]

Dianne Feinstein is a complete hypocrite. She doesn't want you have weapons for protection, but she has a CCW permit, and carries.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 12:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She's opposed to assault weapons, not you owning weapons for your protection. Don't you people ever think for yourselves?
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 12:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 06 2013, 10:42 am)
She's opposed to assault weapons, not you owning weapons for your protection. Don't you people ever think for yourselves?

Those weapons are one in the same. Your right about people not thinking for themselves though.
 Post Number: 4
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 1:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is a great example of young mother who did everything right, and six shot revolver was plenty for personal protection.  No need for a many shooter, and no need to confront the bad guy until she was forced to after taking all steps to make her kids and herself safe, and to have LEO on the way.

When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work.

“Get the kids and hide,” he told his wife.

As he dialed 911, his 37-year-old spouse, who works from home, collected the children and hid with them in a crawlspace adjoining her office. By that time, the intruder had forced his way into the three-story residence on Henderson Ridge Drive with a crowbar, authorities said. He allegedly rummaged through the home, eventually working his way up to the attic office.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” said Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman, who relayed the woman’s narrative to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He asked that her name be withheld.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, unaware that she had emptied her chamber, obliged as the mother and her children ran to a neighbor’s house.

http://www.ajc.com/news....GR

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 1:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BackpackHNTR @ Jan. 06 2013, 12:58 pm)

Those weapons are one in the same. Your right about people not thinking for themselves though.

No they're not. Look up the fallacy of composition and let us know if you need it explained to you.
 Post Number: 6
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 2:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Jan. 06 2013, 1:26 pm)
Here is a great example of young mother who did everything right, and six shot revolver was plenty for personal protection.  No need for a many shooter, and no need to confront the bad guy until she was forced to after taking all steps to make her kids and herself safe, and to have LEO on the way.

When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work.

“Get the kids and hide,” he told his wife.

As he dialed 911, his 37-year-old spouse, who works from home, collected the children and hid with them in a crawlspace adjoining her office. By that time, the intruder had forced his way into the three-story residence on Henderson Ridge Drive with a crowbar, authorities said. He allegedly rummaged through the home, eventually working his way up to the attic office.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” said Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman, who relayed the woman’s narrative to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He asked that her name be withheld.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, unaware that she had emptied her chamber, obliged as the mother and her children ran to a neighbor’s house.

http://www.ajc.com/news....GR

In this case a revolver was adequate.

Now, what about an angry mob intent on looting?  

A semiautomatic rifle and high capacity magazine would be a good choice....and thus the popularity of the device.

The democrats are trying to ban one of the most popular rifles sold in america today, one that does have a legitimate role to play in self defense.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 7
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 3:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Haven't any of you guys heard of Enzyte?

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 3:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Jan. 06 2013, 2:04 pm)

Now, what about an angry mob intent on looting?  

A semiautomatic rifle and high capacity magazine would be a good choice....and thus the popularity of the device.

The democrats are trying to ban one of the most popular rifles sold in america today, one that does have a legitimate role to play in self defense.

Don't forget about aliens...and flying monkeys...radioactive spiders. Lots to arm against.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 7:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 06 2013, 11:34 am)

No they're not. Look up the fallacy of composition and let us know if you need it explained to you.

I have a 9mm with a 15 round mag. It would be on her list. It's just a pistol. Not black nor mean looking.

You telling me is funny.

As gunslinger stated, the .223 in the AR platform is the most popular rifle in today's market. It's the rifle of choice for the latest generations of men and woman.

That's because in today's society, their first indoctrination to a firearm is in the military, not at home by family and friends. So they are most comfortable with this style of weapon. I don't own one BTW.
 Post Number: 10
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 7:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

These militias are going to be real brain trusts aren't they. America safe in their hands.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 8:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe this picture will be easier for you to comprehend. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 8:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BackpackHNTR @ Jan. 06 2013, 7:13 pm)

(HighGravity @ Jan. 06 2013, 11:34 am)

I have a 9mm with a 15 round mag. It would be on her list. It's just a pistol. Not black nor mean looking.

So what? There are many other options. Banning assault weapons is the not the same as banning weapons. Surely you're bright enough to comprehend this.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 8:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BackpackHNTR @ Jan. 06 2013, 8:07 pm)

Maybe this picture will be easier for you to comprehend. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Back to my suggestion about voters needing to pass an IQ test...

Jesus, what has this country become?
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 8:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What part of that picture are you having a problem with?

That both rifles are the same, but in different categories with respect to the "AWB".

You following me bud?
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 8:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm going to type really slowly so you don't get lost. Ready? Breathe deeply.

People aren't opposed to the AR-15 because of what it looks like. We're opposed because of what it is used for. Get it or do I need to pull out my crayon font?
 Post Number: 16
geophagous Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 10:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So both weapons have the same capacity for firing rounds then?  One certainly looks like it can hold a much larger number of rounds than the other.  For that graphic to work you would have to change that :)

If they are TRULY the same gun then WHY do you freak out that one would we would like to stop people from having?  If it is EXACTLY the same why can you not get the one that people don't want to ban and call it good?

I mean I just fail to see the issue here.  Either both guns are exactly the same, so when 1 gets banned you buy the other and you are very happy.

OR they actually DO have some differences in which case it is best to not have the one around.

In either case why such a fit?  You keep telling us that such a ban will do nothing.  So then you should have no problem letting the stupid liberals put the ban in place, buy the non scary looking identical gun and laugh at the liberals stupidity.

Seems like a pretty simple issue really.
 Post Number: 17
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 8:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

gunslinger

Only one home invader and it took six bullets to neutralize the threat. What if there had been two? Or more likely, what if there had been a carload?

Why didn't she dial 911 first?

It looks to me like the gun gave her a false sense of security. Had she NOT had the gun, she probably would have run from the home invader to start out with, and called 911 at the neighbor's house.

Had ALL guns been confiscated, as in other countries, the police would probably have arrived and arrested the home invader. The home invader would not have  been shot unnecessarily.

Now the injured home invader will probably sue the woman and win a large settlement which will garnish her, and her husband's, wages for the rest of their lives. Without the false security of the gun, at worst she might have been caught by the home invader and raped. But now she and her family, like most who use a gun in such situations, will have to pay huge legal fees and then pay outrageous court ordered settlements for the rest of their lives to the injured home invader.

That is the problem with claiming that Americans need guns for self-defense. The claim just doesn't hold up in reality.
 Post Number: 18
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 11:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bass she was three stories up she wouldn't have been running anywhere with the two broken legs, at best, had she gone out the window. I doubt her children would have survived the fall at all.

911 was called. This was one of those instances where, with a multistory house, there was no safe avenue of retreat especially from some one possibly already within the ground floor.

That the intruder had the time to rummage through three floors of the house before the police arrived is unacceptable, that's one hell of a slow response for a home invasion with a woman and children at risk in my opinion.

In hindsight her first mistake was not answering the door: odds are huge he thought he was burglarizing an unoccupied house after he repeately rang the doorbell rather obviously checking to see if there was anyone home.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 12:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Backpachhnter, thanks for making the point so strongly that all semi autos need to be banned, what they look like is not significant, the rate of fire and the ability to accomadate large capacity magazines is what we need to remove from the hands of the mass killer, in every instance that we possibly can.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 20
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 12:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Jan. 07 2013, 11:31 am)
That the intruder had the time to rummage through three floors of the house before the police arrived is unacceptable, that's one hell of a slow response for a home invasion with a woman and children at risk in my opinion.

Depends on how rural the area is.

There are places around here that would take an awful long time for police to respond. Hence, why a lot of those families have weapons for home defense.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 12:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, it's true, when you live in the sticks it takes a long time to get emergency response.

Last time we needed an ambulance here it took almost one hour to arrive.

On the other hand we would have seen any stranger approaching from a half mile away, and the two big dogs would partially devour anyone who tried to come in the house uninvited, if he even made it to the house.

Just act squirrley and they go all postal.  Had a guy who was afraid of dogs walking on the road, and they stopped him about 500 yards from the house.  Had to call on his cell phone for rescue!!

I feel super safe in the sticks, but we have  decided to never even bother to call the ambulance if someone needs quick medical attention.  Just get them in the Suburban, and go.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 22
Ocean82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 2:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On average, 30-40% more people are killed each year with blunt objects than with rifles (included the dreaded "assault rifle"). This is according to data from a little known organization called the FBI.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews....n-rifle

Also, according to another little known agency (CDC) twice as many people die from falls than from homicide.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf

Clearly, the issue isn't safety. If it was there would be twice the focus on fall prevention and the banning of blunt objects.  ???

Why do people feel the need to own 30 rounds magazines? The same reason people feel the need to own a 400hp sports car. Should we ban assault cars? People don't need to drive at 130mph. All it does is kill people.  :cool:

Bottom line is it is up to ME what I own and why and no one else. Lets not forget Columbine happened smack dab in the middle of an Assault Weapons & Extended Magazine Ban.

--------------
 "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
we grow old because we stop hiking." 
                                 -- Finis Mitchell,
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same 'ol same 'ol.

Gun nuts just can't distinguish between real distinctions and  irrelevant ones.

The American public is going to demand control of many shooters, we can either do it sensibly, or be forced into draconian limits.  You know, like cigarette smoking, health care insurance for everyone, and gay marriage.

You can scream and yell, but you can't stop the tide.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 6:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

wwwest
You can scream and yell, but you can't stop the tide.

They did scream and yell in Australia when semi-autos were outlawed in 1997. But in the end, gun owners tend to be law-abiding citizens who feel that they should obey all laws - even those that they don't agree with. So the guns were turned into law enforcement and they received payment for the guns.
 Post Number: 25
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 6:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jan. 07 2013, 9:20 am)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Jan. 07 2013, 11:31 am)

Depends on how rural the area is.

There are places around here that would take an awful long time for police to respond. Hence, why a lot of those families have weapons for home defense.

Good point.

My dad had a sprinkler system installed in his last house for a similar reason.
 Post Number: 26
ScotH Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 8:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am not a fan of the paramilitary style rifles. I don't own one and I personally can't relate to the mentality of those who either own one or wish to own one.
But, lets get real here, the statistical significance of their use in gun crimes is incredibly minor. Proposing legislation to ban them is truly meaningless. I am not suggesting in any way that lives taken with them are meaningless or irrelevant. I am not trusting that some here will have the intelligence to make the distinction between the points I am illustrating.
Ban AR's, Ban high capacity magazines, I could care less! Let's not pretend though that it is going to make a difference.
The 1994 to 2004 ban demonstrated that there was statistically no conclusive difference.
By far the vast majority of murders occur in inner cities. They occur with hand guns. The majority of which are illegally obtained. The vast majority of these murders are young men killing other young men.
Ban AR's, ban high capacity magazines? Why not acknowledge the irrelevance of our prior 10 year experience and devote our energy in a more meaningful direction?
 Post Number: 27
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 9:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uymMI_omik

Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ScotH
Ban AR's, ban high capacity magazines? Why not acknowledge the irrelevance of our prior 10 year experience and devote our energy in a more meaningful direction?

Banning AR's, then all semi-autos are a foot in the door. The successful history of gun control efforts has been to start with small common sense efforts. Then it is much easier to expand control. That the AR is just a mean looking semi-auto makes the next step - banning all semi-autos - that much easier. Then the next steps are even easier.

Once the ban is instituted, then the definitions can keep shifting. "High capacity magazine" can be redefined to mean fewer and fewer bullets - until anything over one bullet is "high capacity". The AR's semi-auto action is the same as all semi-autos. So the ban can be expanded to cover all autos, including handguns, in time. Revolvers are just another form of rapid fire semi-autos aren't they?

We must start small, and use the words "reasonable" and "common sense". The American gun culture cannot be changed overnight.

In summary, the proposed bans are far from irrelevant - and would be the first steps in the difficult task that must be done.
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Jan. 08 2013, 8:35 am)
This is entertaining.

It looks like Alex Jones didn't intend for Piers Morgan to shout him down like he did Larry Pratt! See Piers Morgan Calls Larry Pratt "stupid"

Alex Jones was making sure that Piers Morgan didn't have a chance to call him "unbelievably stupid". In fact, Alex Jones turned Piers Morgan's crazy aggressive interview techniques on him! He did something that Larry Pratt didn't. He overshouted Piers Morgan and left HIM speachless!

Priceless! Though I disagree with Alex Jones, I have to admire his spunk!
 Post Number: 30
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 11:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Jan. 08 2013, 6:35 am)
This is entertaining.

Reminds me of some of the extremists that show up here periodically.
When they can't make their point effectively, they just shout the same phrases over and over with more volume.

It's a shame there are so many that scarf it up like free popcorn at happy hour.
50 replies since Jan. 06 2013, 12:36 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Dianne Feinstein = Hypocrite
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions