2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Another gun thread, Must read!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
wycanislatrans Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 7:34 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Blah, blah, blah.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 10:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yada, yada, yada

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 3
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 7:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wak...wak...wak.....

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 4
bbobb169 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 2:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bang....bang.....bang......   :)
 Post Number: 5
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 3:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here, chew on this while biting the bullet:

"I think we're on the same page," Klein said. "We have to do everything possible to ban assault weapons in New York, (as well as) high-capacity magazines, make sure that people with serious mental-health issues don't possess guns. And I think that's what we have to do in the state of New York — pass one of the toughest gun laws in the nation."

Klein brokered a power-sharing deal with the state's Senate Republican leader, Dean Skelos of Nassau County, in which the two will alternate the Senate presidency every two weeks. The coalition government will control the chamber, shifting power away from Democrats who might have had the majority otherwise.

Klein said Friday that he has not yet discussed Cuomo's proposed legislation with Skelos. It is unclear what type of gun-control legislation Senate Republicans might support.

http://www.usatoday.com/story....1809857

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 6
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 3:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The piers morgan interview with the guy that is about to have a stroke is pretty funny.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 6:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yip Yip Yip

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 12:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jon Stewart did a beautiful job last night of demonstrating graphically why we need sensible gun controls to make guns less deadly in the hands of a mass killer.

Also made the Congress Critter gun nuts look so SILLY!  I love it.

:D

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 9
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wycanislatrans @ Jan. 07 2013, 7:34 pm)
Blah, blah, blah.

After reading that insightful post, I have changed my opinion on the subject. I totally agree with you.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 8:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jan. 09 2013, 11:24 am)

(wycanislatrans @ Jan. 07 2013, 7:34 pm)
Blah, blah, blah.

After reading that insightful post, I have changed my opinion on the subject. I totally agree with you.

Post Number: 11
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 8:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Jan. 09 2013, 12:49 pm)
Jon Stewart did a beautiful job last night of demonstrating graphically why we need sensible gun controls to make guns less deadly in the hands of a mass killer.

Also made the Congress Critter gun nuts look so SILLY!  I love it.

Guns cannot be made less deadly!!! But if they could, what would be there point?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2013, 12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Guns cannot be made less deadly!!! But if they could, what would be there point?

Ever hear of the most famous antelope hunt in the world, the ONE SHOT competition in Wyoming?

Ever shoot a deer 11 times with your Bushmaster, or other semi auto?

Ever get clobbered by a clue stick??

Here is the viewpoint of someone who spent her life working for gun control:

"You can go your whole life and see no one shot, but when something happens like what happened to these children, that wakes up every mom and dad, every brother and sister in the country."

She thinks Newtown had some influence on politics in Washington.

"I think people are more willing to talk about it," she said.

Sarah Brady
/ CBS News

That includes strong pro-gun politicians like Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, who famously carried a gun and shot it in an ad for his 2010 campaign. Manchin told the president after Newtown that he's open to reasonable gun control.

"If Joe Manchin is doing that, then more moderate members for sure are really thinking it over too," Brady said.

When asked what kinds of laws she thinks could pass Congress right now, Brady said: "I think the background check is possible, and I think magazine and assault weapon bans are possible."

Brady does acknowledge that the assault weapons ban didn't prevent the 1999 Columbine school shooting, but said that should be a deciding factor.

"The fact is no law is going to be perfect ... but they do help, if they save any lives they're worth it," she said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18....control

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2013, 1:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Jan. 11 2013, 12:33 pm)

Ever hear of the most famous antelope hunt in the world, the ONE SHOT competition in Wyoming?

Have YOU ever been clobbered by a clue stick?

Clu4U, the 2nd amendment is NOT about hunting antelopes.  Or about hunting AT ALL.

And even if it were, you completely failed to address the point.  Guns cannot be made less deadly, even though you mindlessly demand that, post after post.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2013, 2:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, guns can be made much less deadly in the hands of a mass killer.

One shot is much, much less deadly in a crowded situation than 100 shots as fast as you can pull the trigger.

And VP Biden is going to start spelling out how to begin that process next week.

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 15
DonTom Search for posts by this member.
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 6:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wycanislatrans @ Jan. 07 2013, 4:34 pm)
Blah, blah, blah.

Nonsense! You're full of it!

-Don-

--------------
-Don- South San Francisco, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV (near Reno).
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok, some of you got my humor, some of you need to be clobbered with the humor stick.

Don't you guys ever get sick of repeating the same old rhetoric?
 Post Number: 17
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wycanislatrans @ Jan. 12 2013, 11:11 am)

No!

Jet Boil the wolves AND the dogs off leash!

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 18
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jet Boils are sucky at cooking large predators!

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 19
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Jan. 12 2013, 11:32 am)
Jet Boils are sucky at cooking large predators!

Well you have to shoot them several times with your trail gun and then marinade them with bear spray to properly tendorize and season.  Duh.

Stove snobs...

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 1:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not anymore, or at least I put aside the impatience in order to answer the gun nuts in kind.  One insanely repetitive set of talking points deserves to be countered by the opposite insanely repetitive set of talking points.

Must maintain balance in the universe, ya know!   :p

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 21
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 1:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I grow tired of it which is why I don't bother with issues like abortion which for one side is primarily a religious issue even though they won't admit it.

But Sandy Hook was a tipping point in the nation. Things will change as a result. We have adults in the White House instead of frat boys and warmongers and Obama isn't saddled with worrying about poll numbers now. He's come out swinging and conservatives are going to be left licking their wounds for quite some time.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 1:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

+1

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 1:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Supercalafragalisticexpaladochouous.

--------------
 Post Number: 24
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 12 2013, 10:04 am)
But Sandy Hook was a tipping point in the nation. Things will change as a result.

What will change other than having another gun law that won't accomplish anything at all?

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 25
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 10:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 12 2013, 10:04 am)
But Sandy Hook was a tipping point in the nation. Things will change as a result.
What will change other than having another gun law that won't accomplish anything at all?

I can think of a couple of things that changed already because of Sandy Hook . . .

A very big increase in NRA membership.

More high capacity magazines sold since Sandy Hook than ever before in the USA. More simi-auto weapons sold.

Seems a lot of laws create more of the problem that the law was designed to prevent.

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(DonTom @ Jan. 12 2013, 10:56 pm)
More high capacity magazines sold since Sandy Hook than ever before in the USA. More simi-auto weapons sold.

Seems a lot of laws create more of the problem that the law was designed to prevent.

-Don-

More evidence that more restrictions are needed.
 Post Number: 27
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 12 2013, 8:25 pm)

So you think things will be better when only criminals  have guns?

We cannot expect all of our problems to be solved with a legal system. An attempt to do so, with some things, simply makes the problem a lot worse.

Or IYO, should we ban alcohol again too? It sure causes a lot more problems in this country than do guns.

In a country that has more guns than people, don't expect the answer to be with more gun  laws.

In fact, doing the opposite, to encourage more gun ownership,  seems to be a much better idea:

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 11:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(DonTom @ Jan. 12 2013, 11:40 pm)

(HighGravity @ Jan. 12 2013, 8:25 pm)

So you think things will be better when only criminals  have guns?

Yes that's exactly what I was saying.  Only criminals should have guns. ???

Jesus Christ.
 Post Number: 29
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 4:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 12 2013, 8:45 pm)
Yes that's exactly what I was saying.  Only criminals should have guns. ???

Jesus Christ.

Sometimes it's very difficult to tell who is being serious in these forums. :D

Jesus Christ?

If you love him, honk your horn!

If you wish to meet him, Text!

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 30
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 7:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Jan. 11 2013, 12:33 pm)

Here is the viewpoint of someone who spent her life working for gun control:

"You can go your whole life and see no one shot, but when something happens like what happened to these children, that wakes up every mom and dad, every brother and sister in the country."

She thinks Newtown had some influence on politics in Washington.

"I think people are more willing to talk about it," she said.

Sarah Brady
/ CBS News

That includes strong pro-gun politicians like Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, who famously carried a gun and shot it in an ad for his 2010 campaign. Manchin told the president after Newtown that he's open to reasonable gun control.

"If Joe Manchin is doing that, then more moderate members for sure are really thinking it over too," Brady said.

When asked what kinds of laws she thinks could pass Congress right now, Brady said: "I think the background check is possible, and I think magazine and assault weapon bans are possible."

Brady does acknowledge that the assault weapons ban didn't prevent the 1999 Columbine school shooting, but said that should be a deciding factor.

"The fact is no law is going to be perfect ... but they do help, if they save any lives they're worth it," she said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18....control

Why are you disinterested in the common thread of psychotropic drugs these perps are on, what causes them to commit acts of violence to begin with. Mental health problems are the cause of mass murder such as these we're seeing. And you boys insist on pointing at the chunk of cold steel lying there. Does anyone but a crazed, drug influenced or perhaps mentally ill person have the facility to commit such an act as we saw at Sandy Hook or Aurora?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
33 replies since Jan. 07 2013, 7:34 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Another gun thread
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions