2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: "Why I Gave Up My Guns"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 11:52 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Jan. 22 2013, 7:56 am)
We will never put much of a dent in mass killings until we get smart gun technology perfected and retrofit all the guns in private hands, so that only the licensed owner of a gun can fire that gun.

Wanna guess who some of the biggest opposition to that is?
Cops.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
Nickrp Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 23 2013, 6:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 22 2013, 8:23 pm)

(Nickrp @ Jan. 22 2013, 8:53 am)
I love how I am called naive because I dont think making something illegal will stop criminals from obtaining it.

No dumb ass, you're called naive because you think meth heads wait until they become meth heads with a record before attempting to purchase firearms. You're naive because you think the only way to obtain a gun is via an outlet that requires background checks. You're naive because you think it's difficult to obtain a firearm with a criminal record.

well i guess if we are going to resort to name calling i guess that would make you a whinny liberal bitch....and yes f**ktard I do realize you can illegally obtain a gun or could obtain a gun prior to beginning your criminal life.  My poit is, dip$h!t, is that all that making any sort of weapon illegal is going to do is stop honest citizens from obtaining one.  Criminals are criminals they will find a way and something like a little law saying they cant wont stop them.....dumb ass
 Post Number: 33
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 23 2013, 8:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The only point you've made thus far is that you live in a make believe world and can't think past the Right wing propaganda you've been spoon fed.
 Post Number: 34
Nickrp Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 23 2013, 8:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 23 2013, 8:10 am)
The only point you've made thus far is that you live in a make believe world and can't think past the Right wing propaganda you've been spoon fed.

oh yes all those right wing gun freaks here in CA, there are soooo many of them and I have been spoon fed that propaganda my whole life....  But again, you have no logical argument how banning guns would do anything but tip the scales further to the criminal's advantage.....but go ahead, call me a right winger, a gun nut, a red neck whatever....We all know O is going to get his way because he and his left wing extremist have brainwashed our overly liberal society to thinking that the guns are the problem not the people holding them.  

I'm heartless to the extent that no liberal will ever get pity from me when a tragedy that could have been prevented by simple gun ownership for home defense affects them.  They will make their beds and we will all have to lay in them....
 Post Number: 35
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 23 2013, 10:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Would someone please post the stats again showing how much more dangerous for the residents of a home with guns is than one without?

The usual victims of gun violence are the members of the family which has guns, not the other way round.

Nick could also use some time to study the drop in gun violence for Australia after them imposed serious gun controls and took guns out of the hands of many criminals through limiting many shooters and having strict registration of all guns.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 36

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 24 2013, 8:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Jan. 23 2013, 10:56 am)
Would someone please post the stats again showing how much more dangerous for the residents of a home with guns is than one without?

This guy couldn't comprehend it.
 Post Number: 37
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 24 2013, 10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jan. 22 2013, 11:52 pm)

We will never put much of a dent in mass killings until we get smart gun technology perfected and retrofit all the guns in private hands, so that only the licensed owner of a gun can fire that gun.

Cops.

I've never heard that. What's the reasoning?

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 38
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 24 2013, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Montana is just trying to avoid the fact that cops are big supporters for gun control, strict registration and banning of assault weapons.

Red neck sheriffs who are elected by gun nuts in the sticks oppose smart guns and all other gun controls, but the great majorityof cops understand how much safer the country, and their jobs, would be with sensible gun controls.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 39
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 24 2013, 10:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jan. 24 2013, 8:11 am)

(Montanalonewolf @ Jan. 22 2013, 11:52 pm)

Cops.

I've never heard that. What's the reasoning?

"Smart" guns cannot be fired while wearing gloves and if one cop needs to grab another cop's handgun for some reason while in a firefight, it wouldn't work. Under that 2nd one, long guns would have to be issued to specific LEOs and other cops arriving at a scene couldn't use them.

Sure cops are for better gun control. What's that got to do with objecting to smart gun tech?

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 40
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why is his conservative viewpoint propaganda and spoon fed, but your liberal viewpoint original thoughtful and well, right? Because you think it is?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 41

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:40 pm)

Why is his conservative viewpoint propaganda and spoon fed, but your liberal viewpoint original thoughtful and well, right? Because you think it is?

Here's a quote form Nick. Read it and then see if you can figure out the difference.

"well i guess if we are going to resort to name calling i guess that would make you a whinny liberal bitch....and yes f**ktard I do realize you can illegally obtain a gun or could obtain a gun prior to beginning your criminal life.  My poit is, dip$h!t, is that all that making any sort of weapon illegal is going to do is stop honest citizens from obtaining one.  Criminals are criminals they will find a way and something like a little law saying they cant wont stop them.....dumb ass"
 Post Number: 42

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not interested in name calling and personal attacks.

--------------
 Post Number: 43

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 8:01 pm)
I'm not interested in name calling and personal attacks.

Yet you defended them.
 Post Number: 44

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was defending a POV. never name calling.

--------------
 Post Number: 45

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 9:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 8:36 pm)
I was defending a POV. never name calling.

The POV you were defending was one of insults and childish banter.
 Post Number: 46

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, again I have no interest in that. Lets move on. Why did you give up your guns?

--------------
45 replies since Jan. 14 2013, 7:23 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply "Why I Gave Up My Guns"
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions