2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Responsible Firearm Owners< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 2:39 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read/hear that term quite often, and I am sure that many are responsible, but in my experience, too many have behaved like this guy.

http://www.wbir.com/news....session
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 3:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Or this woman:
Mom arrested for gun in son's backpack

A "responsible firearm owner" would not leave a firearm lying around for a child to find or, for God's sake, put it in his school backpack.

A "responsible firearm owner" would recognize his/her own responsibility in making sure that a weapon was secured, and would additionally be very much interested in making sure that those not qualified to have possession of a firearm did not get the chance to use one.

Too many "responsible firearm owners" are NOT. At all.

That Tennessee guy should be kicked out of his job and replaced, and he should lose any right he has to firearms and automobiles until he can demonstrably show that he has become responsible, by whatever means...
 Post Number: 3
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 3:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The 'kicker' is that he was the sponser of the bill voted into law that allows concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. I guess we now know why.
Also nothing was added to his sentence because of his illegal possesion of a firearm. A DUI conviction results in 48 hours in jail and one year on probation. At the very least, his CC permit should have been revoked.
 Post Number: 4
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 10:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm just curious who out there considers themselves irresponsible firearm owners.
Point being - virtually every gun owner will tell you that they're a responsible gun owner.
 Post Number: 5
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 11:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone in possession of a firearm while under the influence of anything is irresponsible.

It is legal in MT to carry/possess a firearm in a place that serves alcohol BUT drinking while there loses any carry privileges and the gun being carried. A bar that knowingly serves someone carrying a firearm can lose its liquor license.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 11:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sure these people considered themselves responsible gun owners.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 11:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Jan. 19 2013, 9:45 pm)

Even if 100 people just watched a gun be cleared AND each of those 100 checked it themselves, it is still to be considered loaded and hot. Those people are idiots and should be charged with willful negligence.

I have no problem with anyone having such an "accident" lose any right to own or possess firearms.

--------------

Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 20 2013, 12:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jan. 19 2013, 8:59 pm)

Even if 100 people just watched a gun be cleared AND each of those 100 checked it themselves, it is still to be considered loaded and hot. Those people are idiots and should be charged with willful negligence.

I have no problem with anyone having such an "accident" lose any right to own or possess firearms.

Prior to these incidents I'm sure the gun community would've called them law-abiding responsible gun owners.
How quickly things can change.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 20 2013, 12:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've never been one of "them" and don't think just anyone should be able to carry a firearm in public simply because they can. Own one, sure. Walk around with one loaded, uh uh.

I've stated before what I believe the requirements should be for public carry and many who now have CCP/CWP shouldn't.

--------------

Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 20 2013, 12:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jan. 19 2013, 9:14 pm)
I've never been one of "them" and don't think just anyone should be able to carry a firearm in public simply because they can. Own one, sure. Walk around with one loaded, uh uh.

I've stated before what I believe the requirements should be for public carry and many who now have CCP/CWP shouldn't.

I consider you an individual as well and my comments were not directed at you specifically.

The point is, the terms law abiding and responsible gun owner have been thrown around fairly loosely of late.
 Post Number: 11
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 20 2013, 9:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jan. 19 2013, 11:59 pm)

Like this moron

http://washingtonexaminer.com/virgini....2518986

or this one

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/dianne_f.html

No wonder they are so afraid of weapons "in the wrong hands"

I have always firmly believed that the gun paws that make sense are ones that would punish someone for misusing a weapon

You do not need to be licensed or registered to use your 1st amendment rights :)

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 12
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 21 2013, 6:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ooh...the moron in Virginia is aa serial idiot

http://dailycaller.com/2013....-threat

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 13
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Even if you could find 100,000 such examples of irresponsible gun owners there's 100,000,000 responsible gun owners. Just as you may find 100,000 irresponsible automobile owners, hurting/killing people while texting and driving, driving under the influence, while applying makeup or reading a book. There's still 100,000,000 responsible automobile owners. But because of those few we should restrict autos to a maximum 45mph, maximum 1500 lbs. and license drivers only between the ages of 25 and 65!

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No matter how many times it's repeated,
the gun/car analogy doesn't hold any water for those who can clearly see the difference.

Those who can't just keep repeating it over and over again, ad nauseum.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Only for those who see a difference. Just remember dead is dead.

--------------
 Post Number: 16
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:36 pm)
Just remember dead is dead.

And dumb is dumb.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 4:36 pm)

The number of "dead" I've seen during my career is well in to the triple digits.

Believe me, I know all too well that, "dead is dead".
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:40 pm)

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:36 pm)

And dumb is dumb.

What are you, a middle school student? Differing opinions do not mean dumb. Everybody that disagrees with you is dumb or doesn't live in the real world. It's the way you talk to many here. But I'm satisfied your the intellectual one.

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:40 pm)

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 4:36 pm)

The number of "dead" I've seen during my career is well in to the triple digits.

Believe me, I know all too well that, "dead is dead".

I do not envy you in that.

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 8:07 pm)
But I'm satisfied your the intellectual one.

That would be, "you're." And yes it's dumb, stupid, ignorant, etc., to reduce this topic down to "dead is dead."
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 8:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's not polite for you to reduce the topic to such personal attacks. There are other view points. Freedom, civil liberties come with risks. Far more irresponsible drivers kill people than irresponsible gun owners. The numbers are what they are. You really could stop telling people that they are dumb, ignorant, stupid and live in a fantasy world because you disagree with them.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 9:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 8:45 pm)
It's not polite for you to reduce the topic to such personal attacks. There are other view points.

You're pulling a gunslinger. No one has attacked you personally. I've only commented about the stupidity of some of your conspiracy theories. If you want to be taken seriously, offer legitimate fact based opinions. If you want to be the source of mockery, keep acting as you have been.
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 9:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Kept (sic) acting as you have been". I'm discussing responsible gun owners, not conspiracy theories.

--------------
 Post Number: 24
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 28 2013, 1:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:17 pm)
Even if you could find 100,000 such examples of irresponsible gun owners there's 100,000,000 responsible gun owners. Just as you may find 100,000 irresponsible automobile owners, hurting/killing people while texting and driving, driving under the influence, while applying makeup or reading a book. There's still 100,000,000 responsible automobile owners. But because of those few we should restrict autos to a maximum 45mph, maximum 1500 lbs. and license drivers only between the ages of 25 and 65!

I would wager that both numbers are in the millions. Almost everyone is responsible until they aren't. Kind of the point of this thread in case you missed it.
 Post Number: 25
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 28 2013, 7:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's not polite for you to reduce the topic to such personal attacks. There are other view points. Freedom, civil liberties come with risks. Far more irresponsible drivers kill people than irresponsible gun owners. The numbers are what they are. You really could stop telling people that they are dumb, ignorant, stupid and live in a fantasy world because you disagree with them.

That's a tactic of the left.  Demonize any one who doesn't agree with you.

Win at any cost.  

I love it when they resort to tactics such name calling.....just means you've beaten them.  It's the liberal lefts last resort and a third grade attitude.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 28 2013, 7:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ Jan. 28 2013, 1:15 am)

(Montecresto @ Jan. 27 2013, 7:17 pm)

I would wager that both numbers are in the millions. Almost everyone is responsible until they aren't. Kind of the point of this thread in case you missed it.

Yes of course, well in that case every potential danger or risk ought to be banned since everyone is only a minute away from behaving irresponsible. Lets make that the new American paradigm.

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 28 2013, 7:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Jan. 28 2013, 7:00 am)

That's a tactic of the left.  Demonize any one who doesn't agree with you.

Win at any cost.  

I love it when they resort to tactics such name calling.....just means you've beaten them.  It's the liberal lefts last resort and a third grade attitude.

It's a tactic of the Right to ignore counterpoint and play the victim. Ignore reality at any cost.
 Post Number: 28
Ginseng Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With approximately 52 million households owning guns, http://wiki.answers.com/Q....America

these few examples are suppose to prove a point?

Your logic is akin to saying all non-whites are crimminals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

--------------
Walking since 1962
 Post Number: 29
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 6:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ginseng @ Jan. 30 2013, 3:29 pm)
With approximately 52 million households owning guns, http://wiki.answers.com/Q....America

these few examples are suppose to prove a point?

Your logic is akin to saying all non-whites are crimminals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

No, the mass slaughter going on across America unmatched in anywhere but failed states and war zones is what proves the point.

The point here is that, as you have done here, the pro gun lobby assumes that all gun owners are "responsible" until they directly kill or injure someone.

The reality is far far from that. Perhaps we should just stop assuming they are responsible. There are thousands of deaths, injuries and shootings each year. Apart from the portion of those used in self-defense then all the others didn't involve "responsible" gun ownership.
 Post Number: 30
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 01 2013, 2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gun control is a red herring as far as impacting our violent crime problem in the USA.

The real issues are

1-who is committing the overwhelming majority of violent crimes involving guns?

2- where are the majority of violent crimes taking place?

3- what is the best way to focus on the WHO and WHERE of violent gun crime.

It is a lot easier to tell us law abiding folks to hand them all in or fill out all these forms, jump through this hoop and gimmee some money than address the real issues of violent crime in the USA.

Neither the Dems or R's have proposed anything of substance that addresses the issue that impact the urban neighborhoods where the overwhelming majority of violent crime takes place.

--------------
And be kind toward one another
71 replies since Jan. 19 2013, 2:39 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Responsible Firearm Owners
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions