2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Grilled Onions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 1:53 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Story here
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 2:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently that radio host didn't watch any coverage of the actual event.  Wouldn't it have hit a couple of the big guys (Fox, CNN, etc.)?

But I don't know what's worse, the guy from the radio show that reported it, or the hordes of Facebook "comment-ers" who took his word as truth without thinking to verify for themselves.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 3
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not as a security measure true, but high end military hardware as window dressing for some event or another is a commonplace. Fly-byes of B-2 Stealths, F-117s, fleets of Raptors and helos and big cargo planes rumble through the skies all the time. Heck three relatively cheap drones would look like a nice cost savings move.
 Post Number: 4
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm pretty sure that would never happen to any of the posters around here.  Much too media-savvy.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 12:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My Dad told me "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". It's less than half nowadays.  :D
 Post Number: 6
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 10:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ Jan. 26 2013, 12:27 am)
My Dad told me "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". It's less than half nowadays.  :D

A very smart man without a doubt and a great piece of advice.

My mother told me the same thing....she also said "Misery loves company".

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 7
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Facebook is a great place to study herd behavior. It is so easy to click on like or share, I've fallen victim myself. The greatest wisdom left to us by Ronald Reagan, "Trust but verify."

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
6 replies since Jan. 25 2013, 1:53 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Grilled Onions
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions