2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: So Long Sarah< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 10:18 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess even FOX NEWS finally realized that the quitter from Alaska was more hype than substance.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 11:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

....and good riddance!

While we the people speculate that many politicians are using the public forum as a means for personal profit, she was not very subtle about it.

Those on this forum that were suckered by her, praised her stands, and defended her missteps should bow their heads in shame, yep, I'm thinking about you Gunslinger.

Despite her boasting, she demonstrated on camera that she wasn't much of a hunter, but she did manage to look good in a pair of chest waders.  :p

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 3
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 12:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Jan. 26 2013, 8:46 pm)
....and good riddance!

+1.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 11:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wonder what kind of deal Al Jazeera will offer her?
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 12:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 27 2013, 8:48 am)
Wonder what kind of deal Al Jazeera will offer her?

Do you actually read the news from al Jazeera?  ???

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 1:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sometimes. Do you?
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 1:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I do.  Not as much as I read BBC or even CNN -- but more and more.  No media is perfectly objective... but at least Al Jazeera doesn't treat "celebrity gossips" as top news.

To me, Al Jazeera's reporting is quite professional -- in all the ways that Fox isn't.  I wonder why you smear it in your Post #4? After all, the idiocy in this case is completely home grown.

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 2:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Al Jazeera is not the mouthpiece of Al Qaueda that many wing nuts seem to think it is, but it's also far from an objective source of information. It's not as one sided as sources like Newsmax, Washington Times, The Blaze or Worldnet Daily but it's more on par with sources like the New York Post in that it publishes articles and opeds where the information has not been fully vetted.  And I was joking about Palin being offered a job there. Figured that was obvious.
 Post Number: 9
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 3:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Right wingers successfully presented her to America as a leader of the GOP.

For that, the Democratic party will be eternally grateful.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 4:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Jan. 27 2013, 12:21 pm)
Right wingers successfully presented her to America as a leader of the GOP.

Got me worried for a while about the state of near half of our citizenry!  Whew...  Will the next candidate be a truly national leader -- or yet another nut job?

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 4:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Jan. 27 2013, 11:00 am)
And I was joking about Palin being offered a job there. Figured that was obvious.

Yes, I knew it was meant to be silly...  What bugged me was an under tone of mockery that Al Jazeera didn't deserve.  Perhaps I was being unfair to you... but I think too many Americans are too ready to mock anything with Muslim-sounding names -- regardless.  You know, like how some people like to mock the name "Hussein"...

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 5:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Jan. 27 2013, 4:15 pm)

(HighGravity @ Jan. 27 2013, 11:00 am)
And I was joking about Palin being offered a job there. Figured that was obvious.

Yes, I knew it was meant to be silly...  What bugged me was an under tone of mockery that Al Jazeera didn't deserve.  Perhaps I was being unfair to you... but I think too many Americans are too ready to mock anything with Muslim-sounding names -- regardless.  You know, like how some people like to mock the name "Hussein"...

Sounds like you made some assumptions you shouldn't have.
11 replies since Jan. 26 2013, 10:18 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply So Long Sarah
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions