2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The Devil of Ramadi" Shot And Killed..., On Texas Gun Range< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 12:37 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....D265375

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Methinks sometimes, our very own USA is more dangerous than 'the dangerous world out there'.  Sigh...

Chris Kyle -- RIP.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 1:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On that I sadly agree my friend.

--------------

Post Number: 4
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 1:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It looks like someone who didn't like the fact that he had killed so many found a way to get revenge. Perhaps even a relative of one of his kills that he detailed in his book managed to locate him in the US.
 Post Number: 5
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No that's not what happened at all. He was killed by a fellow America soldier, a Marine, who had been dealing with PTSD.  Kyle had been counseling him.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With all due respect to the deceased perhaps a gun range isn't an appropriate part of any PTSD treatment regimen?

I was initially amazed to find so many Iraq and Afghanistan Vets be such gun nuts upon their return to civilian, stateside life. Then a Vietnam Vet explained it to me: with more than 80% of our troops' casualties coming at the anonymous hands of IEDS and no regular let alone daily direct engagement of any enemy these new vets, all volunteers, never got the fight they were looking for.

Almost every combat Veteran I've known from Vietnam, Korea, and WW II was like the guy in Spielberg's "The Pacific" series; never wanting to wear their uniform again let alone pick up a gun for anything but putting protein in the freezer.

--------------

Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 2:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(double cabin @ Feb. 03 2013, 1:53 pm)
With all due respect to the deceased perhaps a gun range isn't an appropriate part of any PTSD treatment regimen?

Definitely an idiotic thing to do. But writing a book about his prolific kill ratio doesn't show the best judgement either.
 Post Number: 8
Walkinman Search for posts by this member.
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The NRA comes out with a statement saying we need armed guards in all gun ranges across America.

--------------
Guided Alaska backpacking and hiking trips

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 3:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wayne LaPierre will blame it on the failing of the mental health industry, and his minions will then repeat it endlessly on their Facebook pages.
 Post Number: 10
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 5:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A tragic end for a hero.  A shame.
RIP
 Post Number: 11
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 5:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hbfa @ Feb. 03 2013, 5:05 pm)
RIP

Agreed

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 12
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 5:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Walkinman @ Feb. 03 2013, 3:02 pm)
The NRA comes out with a statement saying we need armed guards in all gun ranges across America.

Sadly this would be reflective of their myopic world view.
 Post Number: 13
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 6:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's a sad story, but perhaps one of the myopia suffered by many of the most ardent gun enthusiasts as to the realities of firearms, what they are, and how they are used more often to kill and injure than to save and protect.

Maybe we should post this on the responsible gun owner thread. At what point does it strike a gun owner that taking someone suffering from mental illness and PTSD to the range may not be an especially good idea?

We hear so much talk of the poor responsible gun owners being victimized, yet many see to have this weird roseTinted view of what they are and what they are designed to do.
 Post Number: 14
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 6:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A military veteran murdered while aiding a fellow veteran through his troubles by all accounts? Sad and tragic.

RIP

"Kyle said he wrote his book because, “I wanted to be able to let people know about the sacrifices that not only people in the service make, but what their families go through. I knew this would give me a voice so I could speak about the guys I know who were killed. I wanted to get their story out and I wanted to raise awareness for veterans.”"

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013....ty.html
 Post Number: 15
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 8:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Bass @ Feb. 03 2013, 1:33 pm)
It looks like someone who didn't like the fact that he had killed so many found a way to get revenge. Perhaps even a relative of one of his kills that he detailed in his book managed to locate him in the US.

Bragging about hiding in a tree and capping people. Making up stories such as the one about Jesse Ventura, Karma.............

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 8:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jesse Ventura claimed the story wasn't true. He also claims there are secret underground tunnels at the Denver airport even though there's nothing secretive about them. But it makes for good TV given how gullible some people are.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 8:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't know about all that. He sued Kyle and would have won.

--------------
 Post Number: 18
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 1:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

RIP brother.

It appears that PTSD may be a part of the story as well. The VA is trying harder than they used to, but still, doing a poor job on PTSD and on access to care - especially for younger veterans.

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 5:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 04 2013, 8:24 am)
Don't know about all that. He sued Kyle and would have won.

Doubtful. Ventura is an entertainer who has made his living from grandstanding and fakery ever since his pro wrestling days.  He'd have a tough time proving he was defamed over a story of getting popped in the mouth.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

RIP

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 9:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh the irony.

Every talking point from the gun-sluts about gun ownership in a Failtastic scenario.

1. trained gun owner, two as a matter of fact
2. multiple guns nearby and loaded
3. and all legal

and still, their precious wonder weapon could not stop the two men from being killed.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kyle himself would have been a gunslut by your definition. He was an enemy of Obama's proposed gun control legislation and a leading activist for gun rights, the second amendment. But he won't be causing trouble anymore.

--------------
 Post Number: 23
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 9:23 am)
Kyle himself would have been a gunslut by your definition. He was an enemy of Obama's proposed gun control legislation and a leading activist for gun rights, the second amendment. But he won't be causing trouble anymore.

You're a real class act.  Calling dead soldiers names.  And just what trouble did he cause you?  Was it due to he had a different opinion than you?  Was it due that he served his country with honor?  Was it due to the fact that he tried to help our troubled vets?
Is there ANYTHING that you appreciate?  
You friggin internet commandos need to get your head out of your ass.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 12:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well smokehiker, I'm sorry that you misunderstand me. I most certainly did not call Kyle a name. I said that based on Raznations definition of gun slut, Kyle would be one. Further, I happen to agree with Kyle on some of his post service work, particularly the subject of what we have been concentrating on lately, his position on gun control. And he wasn't causing me trouble. That comment was sarcastic, again sorry you missed it. But as a military hero, looked up to and admired by so many, his pro-gun, pro-second amendment, pro-civil liberty and an advocate for armed gaurds in school, as well as his opposition to Obama's proposed gun control made him trouble for the administration and all other gun nuts. Not for me!

--------------
 Post Number: 25
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 12:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 9:18 am)
Well smokehiker, I'm sorry that you misunderstand me. I most certainly did not call Kyle a name. I said that based on Raznations definition of gun slut, Kyle would be one. Further, I happen to agree with Kyle on some of his post service work, particularly the subject of what we have been concentrating on lately, his position on gun control. And he wasn't causing me trouble. That comment was sarcastic, again sorry you missed it. But as a military hero, looked up to and admired by so many, his pro-gun, pro-second amendment, pro-civil liberty and an advocate for armed gaurds in school, as well as his opposition to Obama's proposed gun control made him trouble for the administration and all other gun nuts. Not for me!

B.S. or you wouldn't have posted THIS:
"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

Being that dismissive of the man's death shows your true "colors".
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 12:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wrong. I still would have posted that. Because that was something which I disagreed with Kyle about, participating in unjustified war! Nor was I an admirer of him for kills notched in the stock of his sniper rifle. Or consider him a hero. I did however agree with him for his stand on gun control here.

--------------
 Post Number: 27
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 1:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 12:18 pm)

Gunslut is not exactly a term of endearment.  And you can spout all about you want that your intent was sarcasm (no, I didn't miss anything) but I ain't buying it.  

Rot in Hell you miserable idiot.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 2:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 04 2013, 6:23 pm)

RIP

Well, at least I know where you got it now.

http://politix.topix.com/homepag....e-sword

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 4:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Feb. 05 2013, 2:51 pm)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 04 2013, 6:23 pm)

RIP

Well, at least I know where you got it now.

http://politix.topix.com/homepag....e-sword

Monte, I may owe you an apology on this point.  There appears to be some doubt whether or not Congressman Paul actually tweeted this message.  I know you to be a supporter of his and jumped to a conclusion.  We may not agree on much, but it appears that this may not hold much weight and I apologize if I have falsely assumed you derived your sentiment from this tweet.

--------------

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 4:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(smokehiker @ Feb. 05 2013, 1:27 pm)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 12:18 pm)

Gunslut is not exactly a term of endearment.  And you can spout all about you want that your intent was sarcasm (no, I didn't miss anything) but I ain't buying it.  

Rot in Hell you miserable idiot.

I didn't call him a gun slut, but whatever. Wishing somebody to rot in hell seems much more hateful than that which I quoted from the bible but god bless ya anyway dude.

--------------
41 replies since Feb. 03 2013, 12:37 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The Devil of Ramadi" Shot And Killed...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions