2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Sasha/Malia and the secret service< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 9:52 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“We joke sometimes about how Malia’s getting to the age now, and boys start calling and, you know, sort of, I always talk about how one of the main incentives for running again was continuing Secret Service protection to have men with guns around at all times…,” said Obama.
While the interview aired on Nightline on Dec. 26, it was apparently recorded prior to the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. Since that time, Obama has called for policy changes pertaining to gun laws and more gun control measures.

http://cncnws.com/blog....ng-boys

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 9:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The gun nuts are really grasping at straws.
 Post Number: 3
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I do not know any father of a daughter that has not, at some time or another, said something about keeping a gun handy once the girl started dating, or getting to that age.  I see this in the same light.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 4
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Feb. 05 2013, 8:04 pm)
I do not know any father of a daughter that has not, at some time or another, said something about keeping a gun handy once the girl started dating, or getting to that age.  I see this in the same light.  

True but he wasn't talking about keeping a gun himself but having "men with guns" paid for by the taxpayer.

Big difference.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A motivation for seeking re-election, sure, something every father can relate to.

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Feb. 05 2013, 10:09 pm)

True but he wasn't talking about keeping a gun himself but having "men with guns" paid for by the taxpayer.

Big difference.

No it's not.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Big difference.

Obama apologists are not going to draw the connection.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Big difference.

And that's why it's a twist on an old old joke about a father keeping a gun handy for when their daughter starts dating.

You guys are absolutely desperate to the point where any logic goes out the window. It's pretty pathetic really, the search for anything.

And MLW - he is your president, leader of the nation you say you love. The secret service detail comes with the job. Attack him for his policies, but when you try to attack him for the security he has as leader of the most powerful nation on earth, but you can't help but make it personal can you - you are attacking America.
 Post Number: 9
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He ripped off the television comedy 1600 Penn where the actor playing the president threatens his daughter's baby daddy with something like "robots that roam the skies..... sky robots".  Or at least three other romcoms set in the Whitehouse that sooner or later did a similar riff. One starred Katie Holmes?

Good to see Jenna Elfman (Dharma) back on television.  Btw.
http://www.nbc.com/1600-penn/video/meet-the-parent/n31920/
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No. It means he wants his kids protected with GUNS and the rest of us can go to...........

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 7:55 pm)
No. It means he wants his kids protected with GUNS and the rest of us can go to...........

Like he gets a choice?

That's just embarrassing.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And Obama thought it was funny to threaten (tongue in cheek) the boy band kids performing for his daughters with "I have two words for you, predator drone" was embarrassing.

--------------
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 11:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 05 2013, 10:56 pm)

Like he gets a choice?

You are right HSF, stating men with guns to protect his daughters was a consideration to seek re-election, was embarrassing.

--------------
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 11:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 8:00 pm)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 05 2013, 10:56 pm)

Like he gets a choice?

You are right HSF, stating men with guns to protect his daughters was a consideration to seek re-election, was embarrassing.

Four more years baby.

Four more years.

At least.

:)
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 11:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You calling me baby? You big kidder. But yeah four more years. What does at least mean to you?

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 11:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Feb. 05 2013, 8:29 pm)

Big difference.

And that's why it's a twist on an old old joke about a father keeping a gun handy for when their daughter starts dating.

You guys are absolutely desperate to the point where any logic goes out the window. It's pretty pathetic really, the search for anything.

And MLW - he is your president, leader of the nation you say you love. The secret service detail comes with the job. Attack him for his policies, but when you try to attack him for the security he has as leader of the most powerful nation on earth, but you can't help but make it personal can you - you are attacking America.

As expected, you completely missed the point and irony.

--------------

Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 11:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 8:13 pm)
You calling me baby? You big kidder. But yeah four more years. What does at least mean to you?

Not unless Sarah Palin( shudder) or (double shudder) John McCain was calling me that. ( "Drill, baby, drill"? Sound st all familiar? No?)

'At least' means we very well may get to elect more Democratic Party Presedential candidates out as far as the eye can see. The bench has some impressive depth and the Repunlicans aren't showing me much.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 12:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, I see. You were speaking directly to me while Sarah Palin was speaking to nobody, yeah, I think I can see that.

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 12:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Electing dems as far as the eye can see repairs nothing either.

--------------
 Post Number: 20
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 7:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 11:01 pm)
Oh, I see. You were speaking directly to me while Sarah Palin was speaking to nobody, yeah, I think I can see that.

She must have been cuz Faux News kicked her butt to the curb.

LoLz

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 21
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 7:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 9:55 pm)

Kinda like the Bushs daughters getting stone drunk down at Sixth Street with SS 'protection' while other kids their age were getting blown up in Iraq?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 8:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Feb. 05 2013, 11:16 pm)

Big difference.

LOL - No he's not the one missing point. I really don't understand how you and Monte manage to function from day to day without becoming the next Darwin Award recipients.
 Post Number: 23
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 8:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Big difference.

No I didn't MLW. I see exactly what you are trying to say. It just isn't really ironic in any way shape or form and says more about your own personal degree of bitterness and prejudices than it does about the president.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 8:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Feb. 06 2013, 7:18 am)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 11:01 pm)

She must have been cuz Faux News kicked her butt to the curb.

LoLz

Yes they did!!!

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 8:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Raznation @ Feb. 06 2013, 7:20 am)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 9:55 pm)

Kinda like the Bushs daughters getting stone drunk down at Sixth Street with SS 'protection' while other kids their age were getting blown up in Iraq?

Ill never be an apologist for Bush, but he never said it was a motivation to seek re-election.

--------------
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Feb. 06 2013, 8:32 am)

Big difference.

No I didn't MLW. I see exactly what you are trying to say. It just isn't really ironic in any way shape or form and says more about your own personal degree of bitterness and prejudices than it does about the president.

Bitterness and prejudice? To be pointing out that the president has no cred talking about gun restrictions when he so openly admitted that a reason for seeking re-election was that his daughters would be "surrounded by men with guns". Nice.

--------------
 Post Number: 27
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 11:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Please. I'm certainly not an Obama supporter, but it is obvious that quote was nothing more than a light-hearted comment.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Feb. 06 2013, 6:32 am)

Of course you did because you went off on a bizarre tangent that had nothing to do with what I said.

--------------

Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 12:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 05 2013, 9:01 pm)

You mouth enough catch phrases so how do you not get that?
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 06 2013, 2:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok dude. Really just goofing off a bit there, nothing serious, no concerns.

--------------
39 replies since Feb. 05 2013, 9:52 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Sasha/Malia and the secret service
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions