2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Nugent to State of Union, Guest of TX Pol< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2013, 5:44 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ted Nugent Headed To State Of The Union As Guest Of Texas Congressman Steve Stockman

The Huffington Post  |  By Nick Wing Posted: 02/11/2013 2:51 pm EST  |  Updated: 02/11/2013 4:13 pm EST
Share on Google+
Ted Nugent State Of The Union
Get Politics Alerts:
Follow:
State of the Union, State of the Union, Video, Ted Nugent, Ted Nugent Obama, Sotu 2013, State Of The Union 2013, State Of The Union Ted Nugent, Steve Stockman, Steve Stockman State Of The Union, Steve Stockman Ted Nugent, Ted Nugent State Of The Union, Politics News

A Texas GOP congressman who has floated the possibility of impeaching President Barack Obama announced Monday that controversial rocker Ted Nugent would be his guest at Tuesday's State of the Union address.

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), who claimed earlier this year that he'd be willing to file articles of impeachment over Obama's gun control push, addressed the development in a statement, stressing that Nugent would be available for media interviews after Obama's speech.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," the congressman said. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

Nugent has been one of Obama's most inflammatory critics, taking an increasingly combative tone in the wake of the president's new push to reduce gun violence. He drew nationwide backlash for comments made last year in which he called for attendees at a National Rifle Association rally to "ride into that battlefield and chop [Democrats'] heads off in November." He also said he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if Obama is re-elected. The Secret Service later visited the entertainer and said they had resolved the issue, but an unbowed Nugent didn't tone down his rhetoric.

Speaking earlier this year about Obama's proposed measures to address gun violence, Nugent suggested that he and his buddies were prepared for an armed rebellion against an "evil, dangerous" Obama, whom he accused of preparing a broad plan to confiscate guns.

Stockman could end up having a lot on his plate on Tuesday evening, apart from any potential excitement provided by his guest. His office has also announced that the congressman will fact-check the president's address in real time over Twitter.

UPDATE: 4:10 p.m. -- Asked by the New York Times if he'd be armed at the State of the Union, Nugent said he planned to "demilitarize" before entering the Capitol.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2013, 5:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

RE: "Update": Ah. too bad. The Secret Service could use the target practice.
 Post Number: 3
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2013, 5:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A little background on Steve Stockman, another reason why Texas is the butt of so many jokes:

http://blog.chron.com/txpotom....the-mud

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 4
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2013, 10:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope the secret service give them both a thorough cavity search.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 5
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2013, 10:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Didn't he promise to be dead or in jail by now?  I hope he doesn't think this is his big chance to follow through on that.
 Post Number: 6
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 4:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Feb. 11 2013, 10:44 pm)
Didn't he promise to be dead or in jail by now?  I hope he doesn't think this is his big chance to follow through on that.

Well, the jail part, maybe? Please?
 Post Number: 7
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sure the left has just as many threatening, scary wacko's as the right.

But the left does a lot better job of keeping them in the closet.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 8
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 4:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not sure what the protocol is for having a guest, but as long as proper decorum is present, who cares?  If it means Secret Service is alongside him, ready to usher him out if necessary, so be it.  This is a solemn occasion and there is no room for another outbreak like the guy who yelled "liar."  Even that dolt later apologized, which is more than we would expect from the looney Nugent.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 4:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

IMHO Nugent is the responsibility of his sponsor: he acts up and the House will need to punish the member who invited him given Nugent's well publicized remarks.
 Post Number: 10
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 12 2013, 4:48 pm)
IMHO Nugent is the responsibility of his sponsor: he acts up and the House will need to punish the member who invited him given Nugent's well publicized remarks.

It doesn't happen.  Almost every year during President Bush's administration, someone gave tickets to Code Pink members.  Occasionally they started trouble, usually they didn't.  The members were never censured for it nor prevented from it.

I don't personally think the members should be able to invite guests, but I also don't think this needs to be done live in a Joint Session either.  I personally feel like here in the 21st Century we could get him heard just as well from the Oval Office.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I didn't expect so, just a wish expressed.

As to the Joint Session, well it's one of those pomp and circumstance things isn't it? Congress got a written "report" from Jefferson on out until Wilson One more thing we can blame Woodrow Wilson for it appears.
 Post Number: 12
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Old Frank @ Feb. 12 2013, 4:25 pm)
I'm sure the left has just as many threatening, scary wacko's as the right.

But the left does a lot better job of keeping them in the closet.

I don't think the left has even close to as many wackos on the right. Just about a week or
two ago yet another anti-government right-wing extremist Jimmy Lee Dykes(this time in
Alabama) murdered a bus driver a took a kid hostage and so Dykes grows a list of recent
right-wingers from Jim Adkisson(who murdered people in a Tennessee church because he thought
it was a 'liberal' church. In his manifesto he said "Go Kill liberals" and surprise surprise
was fan of Michael Savage, Hannity, Oreilly and Bernie Goldberg) to Richard Poplawski(Killed
I think 3 cops in Pittsburgh ans surprise surprise linked a Glenn Beck video on storm from)
to numerous other examples I could cite in recent years.

The left simply doesn't have even close to the number of nutcase the right has and its
been thatr way for a while now but especially within the last 5 years. I think you would
have to go back to the 1970's to a time in the US where the left upstaged the right in terms
of the number of wackjobs

and to the extent the left has wackjobs they certainly aren't being manipulated and used by
the Democratic party and the "liberal media" (the true "liberal media" as opposed to the
fake "liberal media" the right mentions all the time) the way the Republican party and the
right-wing media manipulates the nutcases on the right. This is beyond obvious

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It goes without saying that Nugent is a classic demagogue and attention whore. I wouldn't
be a bit surprised if he tries to pull a Joe Wilson "You Lie" stunt and if he does I will
not lose any sleep if someone decided to beat his right-wing ass if does pull something
like that off but I doubt that would happen.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I lve the way you lefties are peeing in your pants over the prospect of Nugent being invited to the SOU address.

Ted may be a little out there (only a little), but he sure took Pierce Morgan to task last week.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Justwalkin

No one is peeing because of Ted. Ted is demgogues who makes living duping people like you.
Ted is either WAY OUT THERe(not a little) or pretending to be WAY OUT THERE to rile up his
sheeple base (people like you)

Oh and how did Ted take Pierce to task? By an obnoxious demagogues? By spewing strawman?
By "taking to task" you obviously don't mean giving a cogent intelligent argument something
Nugent seems incapable of doing. He is capable of yelling and screaming irrational drivel
something right-wing like you just love.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 9:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lets get that tree some water. Stat!
 Post Number: 17
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 2:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I bet Teddy had even worse indigestion than Bhoener!!  Heh

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 18
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ted behaved himself just fine, despite all the hand wringing.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 19
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Only the president is allowed to bring people (props & puppets) to the SOTU

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 20
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:45 am)
Only the president is allowed to bring people (props & puppets) to the SOTU

Nice for you to so openly admit how you view American heros.
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 2:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One mans hero is another mans terrorist.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 4:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So Montecrisco thinks Menchu Sanchez, a nurse who saved babies during Hurricane Sandy, is a terrorist.
 Post Number: 23
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Feb. 13 2013, 4:05 pm)
So Montecrisco thinks Menchu Sanchez, a nurse who saved babies during Hurricane Sandy, is a terrorist.

Get with the program; it's Superstorm Sandy, not Hurricane Sandy.  Thousands of insurance claims hinge on your compliance in this matter.

As for Menchu Sanchez, I have no doubt she acted valiantly.  So did thousands of utility workers and first responders, in much more dangerous conditions.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 9:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Feb. 12 2013, 7:25 pm)
It goes without saying that Nugent is a classic demagogue and attention whore. I wouldn't
be a bit surprised if he tries to pull a Joe Wilson "You Lie" stunt and if he does I will
not lose any sleep if someone decided to beat his right-wing ass if does pull something

It wasn't Joe Wilson. Joe Wilson is an American hero.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 6:07 pm)

(Dennis The Menace @ Feb. 12 2013, 7:25 pm)

It wasn't Joe Wilson. Joe Wilson is an American hero.

Wilson didn't heckle President Obama during a joint session of Congress in the Capitol during a State of the Union address? Sure it was.

"Obama heckled by GOP during speech to Congress
(AP) – 6 days ago
WASHINGTON — The nastiness of August reached from the nation's town halls into the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday as President Barack Obama tried to move his health care plan forward.
South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" after Obama had talked about illegal immigrants...."
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes well we thought he was talking about "thee" Joe Wilson.

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Monte

"we"? Who is the "We" here? You're only writing for yourself as far as I can tell

So on that note I have no idea what "Joe Wilson" you thought I was talking about
under the context in which I mentioned "Joe Wilson" it should have been very clear
who I was talking about(Hint: Look at HSF's response)

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:19 pm)
Yes well we thought he was talking about "thee" Joe Wilson.

With this : "Joe Wilson "You Lie" stunt" it's rather specific and clear who he meant, how many "Joe Wilsons" shouted "you lie" at the President at a State of the Union Address and so would be comparable to Nugent under the same circumstances  as another State of the Union Address?
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought I made it clear the first time. I thought he was talking about ambassador Joe Wilson who proved George Bush a liar, but have fun with your party.

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:22 pm)

(HighGravity @ Feb. 13 2013, 4:05 pm)

Get with the program; it's Superstorm Sandy, not Hurricane Sandy.  Thousands of insurance claims hinge on your compliance in this matter.

As for Menchu Sanchez, I have no doubt she acted valiantly.  So did thousands of utility workers and first responders, in much more dangerous conditions.

What does that have to do with price of tea in China?
31 replies since Feb. 11 2013, 5:44 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Nugent to State of Union
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions