2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Obama Gutless ref. Deficit?, Boehner thinks so< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:01 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-l....cs.html

"...."He doesn't have the courage to take on the liberal side of his own party," Boehner said at a breakfast briefing with television correspondents and anchors. "He just doesn't have the courage to lead when it comes to our long-term spending problem."

The top House Republican said that when it comes to making tough decisions on the nation's deficit, "I don't think he has the guts to do it....."

I have a  few uncomplimentary adjectives to describe Obama (even tho I voted for him;  he was the best choice), but gutless (on any issue) isn't  one of them.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did you catch the Dr. Suess take off by Jon Stewart last week??

"They do not like you, Barrack Obama
Not one bit
They do not like you on a train, or on a plane or on a llama.
They do not like you, Barrack Obama."

Not likely to start liking him either, but Obama knows that, and will not let it stand in the way of getting as much done this term as is humanly possible, with the support of a majority of Americans, and in spite of the Party of NO.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 3
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"They do not like you, Barrack Obama
Not one bit
They do not like you on a train, or on a plane or on a llama.
They do not like you, Barrack Obama."

Cute, but in no way does it address the point.  Obama is gutless on the deficit.  Even his his supporters must conclude that he is not only disinterested in economics, but incompetent as well.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 4
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 8:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ya and should we expect anything other than that kind of hypocrisy exhibited from Boehner?
Boehner has kissed the ass of the tea party far more than than Obama has kissed the
ass of progressive in his own party(heck Obama refereed to the left as the "professional
left").  The entire notion that Obama hasn't taken on his own party also assumes that
there are as many extremist in the Democratic party as there are the Republican party
preventing compromise on the issues which is total hogwash

As far as spending goes. Geez. The hypocrisy is just amazing. The growth of spending has
been the lowest since at least 1960 so far under the Obama(HSF and I both have started
threads on how low spending has actually been during the Obama years contradicting the tiresome
popular but dishonest right-wing narrative) years while Boehner has voted for some of the
biggest drivers of the deficit whether it was medicare part D to the two wars to the Bush tax
cuts(not spending but contribute as much or more to our debt than any spending). Boehner also
voted against ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare which unlike the medicare prescription drug
bill is deficit neutral according to the CBO(actually it is better than deficit neutral since
according to the CBO repealing  ObamaRomneyHeritageFoundationCare would result in an
increase to our deficits of 109 billion)

Boehner is like most Republicans. Bitch and complain about spending and debt WHEN THEY ARE
OUT OF POWER AND ONLY WHEN THEY ARE OUT OF POWER.

Boehner is yet another lying hypocritical Republican.

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 8:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ Feb. 12 2013, 7:47 pm)
Cute, but in no way does it address the point.  Obama is gutless on the deficit.  Even his his supporters must conclude that he is not only disinterested in economics, but incompetent as well.

^^ this is the kind of blatant know nothing ignorance someone like Boehner is counting on

Total clueless to the fact that the deficit under Obama has been shrinking faster than
anytime since WW II(so clueless and brainwashed that I bet Justwalkin would scoff at the
assertion that the deficit has been shrinking faster at anytime since WW II) and that is
from the right-wing Investors Business Daily. Totally clueless that spending under Obama
has growth at record lows not seen since 1960 or earlier(again I would expect someone like
Justwalkin to scoff at the assertion which would be evidence of just how brainwashed someone
like Justwalkin is). Totally clueless about economics while implying he knows something
about economics.

--------------
 Post Number: 6
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

justwalkin is justalking - but not saying much.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 7
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The best quote I've heard about this is "republicans want to want to cut the budget..." from Mathew Yglesias over at Slate's business page.  As we discussed here, Medicare will probably need to be slashed ("Voucher-care"?) and the lefties were pretty much in agreement.   Noticed most righties were absent and that's kind of the point. Cuts will hurt their constituents disproportionally and they need democratic cover.

This is about what generation(s) will be told they are paying for their elders full Medicare while getting their own Vouchercare, maybe privatizing SS, and everything else pales in comparison.  Of course for a bunch of steely eyed "Ayn Rand" reading, investing types, most missed that buy signal in 2009 when the Dow was 700-ish, and that creates problems...

Add, reading history, people bought at the highs right before the Great Depression, thus creating Soc Sec.  Hasn't that been the case before and after, now affecting real estate, first California in the early 90's and now homes nationwide?  Think a hybrid approach will work but the pain should be shared now.   Just start implementing voucher-care now -15 years trad Medicare, the rest Voucher-care. 80 years is too long on this planet (in some cases I'd cut that to 30).

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 8
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Much like his home state where they keep talking baout their pension crisis but do NOTHING to fix it

Because it will be hard...and the fix will not make everyone happy

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 12:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

hard like in tax increases? Ya right.

When something is hard when it comes to deficit reduction its always on the spending side but\
almost never on the revenue side as far as Republicans go

Speaking on the spending side, I guess we can also put Billbab down as not knowing that Obama
is smallest spender since Ike(even though HSF recently linked it)

http://www.forbes.com/sites....k-obama

^^ Look BillBab, Forbes is even the source. "Liberal Media" not.

So Republicans bitch and complain about debt when they are out of power and then their sheep
follow the marching orders.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Pathfinder1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 1:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Feb. 12 2013, 10:46 pm)
justwalkin is justalking - but not saying much.

Hi...

Thanks for my first chuckle of the pee em...!!
 Post Number: 11
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 6:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

FRONTLINE broadcast in January a well-done (I thought) summary of Obama's first term.

I thought it had a fairly even-handed  neutral tone  (recognizing there may not be any totally bias-free "doco's").  

It included some interesting insight about the dynamics between Obama/Boehner and Boehner/Cantor.  My opinion of Boehner actually improved a little after I saw it.  

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/inside-obamas-presidency/

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
10 replies since Feb. 12 2013, 5:01 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Obama Gutless ref. Deficit?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions