2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: #Drymouth, Marco Rubio< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:47 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The GOP's current token semi-minority is offering great fodder for this week's SNL cold open.  Maybe next time he should strap on a Camelbak.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Only if he also straps on some Depends.
 Post Number: 3
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and like most right-wing Republican on the issue of debt and deficit, he is a total hypocrite.

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Odd he isn't mention going against the Violence Against Women Act today.

Would have made a strong "small government" point.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah I got a chuckle out of his ranting over Big Government then he launched right into how his neighbors need their medicare and SS.
 Post Number: 6
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There was very little new thinking from Rubio. It's just the same tired failed ideas. They really think they just have an image problem and not a policy problem.

He did pick up at the end after having that drink.

I did notice Ryan was on hand immediately after on CNN, not wanting to give up all the limelight there.

But to get back, they need to fundamentally rethink their ideas and present then in a different way. They have a flawed product, not just a tarnished brand. It is the product that has tarnished the brand.
 Post Number: 7
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 11:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rubio was partly right. But only partly. As if the GOP could improve upon the GOP. Who really still believes in America?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 11:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 12 2013, 11:31 pm)
Rubio was partly right. But only partly. As if the GOP could improve upon the GOP. Who really still believes in America?

The vast majority of Americans?

Actually I did think of you the other day Montecristo. There was a copy of infowars magazine in the barber shop. Short of the poor spelling and grammar it could have been written by you! Pills, guns, government evil, evil imperialistic America - it's all in there.
 Post Number: 9
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 2:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I believe in America, and so does Obama!

Yes, we can!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Land Rover @ Feb. 12 2013, 11:42 pm)

Actually I did think of you the other day Montecristo. There was a copy of infowars magazine in the barber shop. Short of the poor spelling and grammar it could have been written by you! Pills, guns, government evil, evil imperialistic America - it's all in there.

There's a print edition of that tripe? I assumed it was solely marketed to people too intellectually lazy to do anything other than click a link.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:09 am)

(Land Rover @ Feb. 12 2013, 11:42 pm)

There's a print edition of that tripe? I assumed it was solely marketed to people too intellectually lazy to do anything other than click a link.

I know... I was both amused and entertained by that fact.
 Post Number: 12
N2theWild Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ah.
I stopped by TPA briefly, despite my better judgement.

It's sad to see the government-worshipers here are still rolling in and slinging their mud, but not surprising.

Enjoy your hate-filled orgy.

Later.

--------------
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (2 Timothy 4:3)
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 12:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

N2, your commentary was almost as enlightening as the GOP response.

Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 12:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(N2theWild @ Feb. 13 2013, 11:12 am)
Ah.
I stopped by TPA briefly, despite my better judgement.

It's sad to see the government-worshipers here are still rolling in and slinging their mud, but not surprising.

Enjoy your hate-filled orgy.

Later.

^^ said the hate filled big government lover who loves the thought of using Big Government
to put to death a woman who gets an abortion as well as any doctor who gives her an abortion
(watch N2 deny it)

--------------
 Post Number: 15
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 2:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Feb. 12 2013, 10:47 pm)
The GOP's current token semi-minority is offering great fodder for this week's SNL cold open.  Maybe next time he should strap on a Camelbak.

They are all tokens until they get elected.....some even after that

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 16
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You lefties are so damned predictable; ignore the substance of Rubio's speech and focus on the irrelevant.

Can you blame him for taking a swig?  He had just previously recorded the speech in Spanish, and you KNOW how fast they talk.  No wonder he was a little dry-lipped.

Rubio scares you lefties.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 8:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

justwalkin

No

Right-wingers like you are so predictable

Fall for typical predictable right-wing  propaganda and calling that substance.

Let me, guess as in your recent posts and most of your posts, you've once again falling
for this stupid, dishonest and hypocritical claims that Republicans like Rubio spew
about Debt, Spending and deficit?

justwalkin get head out of your arse.

REPUBLICANS DON'T CARE ABOUT DEBT, DEFICITS AND SPENDING

They only bitch about those things WHEN THEY ARE OUT OF POWER

You mean you haven't noticed the multitude of ways Republicans don't practice what they
preach when it comes to fiscal responsibility?

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 9:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:17 pm)
You lefties are so damned predictable; ignore the substance of Rubio's speech and focus on the irrelevant.

Can you blame him for taking a swig?  He had just previously recorded the speech in Spanish, and you KNOW how fast they talk.  No wonder he was a little dry-lipped.

The substance was just the same old BS that was dolled out in the election though. You think getting Rubio to say it suddenly changes that?

"You Know how fast THEY talk" .... It pretty well epitomizes the problem.

Its not us, it's "them".

It's smacks of the Steele appointment, you think you can throw in some guy at the top and solve the problem, but the real issue is to look at the convention crowd. That's where you have to change things and until you change the crap you stand for then you won't get to that change.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Until Rubio stops walking out the same tired and rejected GOP mantras there will be nothing much of him to pay attention to.

Some small amount to mock, but that's about it.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(justwalkin @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:17 pm)

Substance? There was no substance. He clearly wrote it before he even listened to the SOTU. Try thinking for yourself every now and then. You might like it.
 Post Number: 21
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rubio is a phony that can't even get his own family history straight. Just another pol who will say whatever to get elected.

10 Things You Need to Know About Marco Rubio

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 8:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.wlsam.com/common....&mode=2

Gotta love a guy that can laugh at himself

For $25 you bozo's can have a water bottle from him!

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 23
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 10:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FWIW, I didn't see anything in Rubio's speech that amounted to substance either.  He didn't respond to any of Obama's particular proposals, just yammered on about "government is the problem, Obama just wants to tax more, etc" in a deluge of bumper stickers that didn't even address what Obama said or offer any specific solutions.

And he blamed the housing crash on government, ignoring that the bubble was caused by rampant de-regulation.  He acted like he was disagreeing with Obama when he was saying things that he completely agreed with Obama's speech (such as education investment).  They didn't bother editing those out before he gave the speech.

But in the end, let's not forget that most our fiscal problems are apparently created by the "moral breakdown in our society."  Take that one to the election and see how it plays out.  But who knows, maybe it's just 47% of the population that will apply to.  :p

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 24
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He's like an exciting version of Bobby Jindal! Which isn't saying much.
 Post Number: 25
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 11:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I keep hoping the Republican Party will return to a reality-based world, but then they put the likes of Mark Rubio in front of a national audience to represent them.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 12:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Feb. 14 2013, 8:48 am)
http://www.wlsam.com/common....&mode=2

Gotta love a guy that can laugh at himself

For $25 you bozo's can have a water bottle from him!

Sort of like when Lindsey Lohan goes on SNL to mock her latest arrest as a pathetic attempt at damage control. Only fools fall for those kinds of publicity stunts.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 12:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Also FWIW, I really couldn't care that the guy reached for a drink of water during his talk, even if it caused an awkward pause.  When I'm speaking to groups of people or giving a presentation, I usually have water with me too.  Who on earth cares?

His speech was less than impressive.  But the water?  meh.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 12:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But what it demonstrates is that the GOP would rather allow a token pseudo-minority  deliver the speech than a seasoned old white guy. The Jindal response was similarly embarrassing for them.
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Feb. 14 2013, 12:27 pm)
Also FWIW, I really couldn't care that the guy reached for a drink of water during his talk, even if it caused an awkward pause.  When I'm speaking to groups of people or giving a presentation, I usually have water with me too.  Who on earth cares?

His speech was less than impressive.  But the water?  meh.

actually commenting on the content puts you in the minority...since it means you listened :)

As far as content, I think the Pres stole the show

http://news.investors.com/ibd-edi....ion.htm

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 2:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Feb. 14 2013, 10:41 am)
But what it demonstrates is that the GOP would rather allow a token pseudo-minority  deliver the speech than a seasoned old white guy. The Jindal response was similarly embarrassing for them.

Or it could mean they're trying to reach out to more than just the old-white-guy crowd, and show the party has active young members.  Which they do.  Just perhaps not enough yet.

It would have been refreshing to see a new message come along with it (he gave the same stump speech any old white guy in the party would have given, the same homogeneous platform that got the Republicans smashed in the last election), but baby steps I s'pose.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
34 replies since Feb. 12 2013, 10:47 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply #Drymouth
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions