2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Corners wallet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 9:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry for the thread title error.

Dorners  wallet and ID was found on a boat he tried to steal in San Diego on Thursday, yet remarkably, it was also found on the chared human remains in the cabin at Big Bear!

After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border. That same day, a guard at the Point Loma Naval Base told authorities he had spotted a man matching Dorner's description trying sneak onto the base, according to the court records.

From the LA Times.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A plastic drivers licence in shape on a chared remains that will take some time to identify, yeah!

--------------
 Post Number: 3
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There are more forms of identification than a drivers license: I have four without even trying to count.

All proof of identity for one institution or another.

As long as they test the remains for psychoactive pharmaceuticals it'll be good.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

His "wallet" was found in both locations. But you always believe the "authorities" nice HSF.

--------------
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Psychoactive! Funny.

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:16 pm)
His "wallet" was found in both locations. But you always believe the "authorities" nice HSF.

No I believe in common sense. I have probably five or six wallets and as I mentioned four or so "IDs". All photo IDs, all official.

The one I carry has whatever ID and money I need at the time, but its hardly the only one I own.

Much like the mythical "rifle left in the car" silliness the other thing I believe is that its often much more productive to NOT run breathlessly onto the Internet  waving the newest conspiracy du jour until the dust has had a nice amount of time to settle.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

5 or 6, why not 10 like the rest of us. YBI!

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Until the dust has settled, or until the "authorities" have sanitised their story. Your probably the guy that thinks Randy Weaver got what he deserved. Some people are too afraid to acknowledge the truth.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A drivers license is only mentioned once, from the cabin, the article about San Diego never mentions a drivers license but instead simply says "identification cards".

Which is not inconsistent. In this ever more security conscious world everybody wants to issue their own identification documentation to people they're granting access to. The other reason I have three key rings.....
 Post Number: 10
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Adjust the tin foil hat there monte,

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Adjust it to what. His "wallet" was found twice. The body is so charred that it will "take some time to identify"  but his plastic drivers license revealed his identity, you boys are scared.

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:31 pm)
Until the dust has settled, or until the "authorities" have sanitised their story. Your probably the guy that thinks Randy Weaver got what he deserved. Some people are too afraid to acknowledge the truth.

The "truth" that they found his drivers license in one location and some other "identification cards" at another?

Nope, totally willing to acknowledge that.

ETA they've NOT formally identified the remains.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....popular

""We're not currently involved in a manhunt," he said. "Our coroner's division is trying to confirm the identity through forensics."
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not scared, just willing to wait to see what comes out of this after everyone stops secreting adrenaline. If someone wants to assert corruption on the part of the LAPD, I wouldn't be shocked, but all things considered, there are more theories right now than you can shake a stick at.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 14
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:43 pm)
Adjust it to what. His "wallet" was found twice. The body is so charred that it will "take some time to identify"  but his plastic drivers license revealed his identity, you boys are scared.

Could Dorner have planted multiple wallets, to throw off the PD?

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, but they have identified a perfectly intact drivers license on an otherwise charred remains. And as usual you buy it. Even  Wolf Blitzer said it was unprecedented that they were told to terminate live coverage. But hell, the LAPD have never violated people's rights.

--------------
 Post Number: 16
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 9:26 pm)
From the LA Times.

Actually it was Prison Planet, word for word.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/how-man....wn.html

Why lie about it? We already know you get all your info from conspiracy nut websites.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What does that have to do with his "intact" drivers licence being found on a charred body that will take a long time to identify.

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:53 pm)
No, but they have identified a perfectly intact drivers license on an otherwise charred remains. And as usual you buy it. Even  Wolf Blitzer said it was unprecedented that they were told to terminate live coverage. But hell, the LAPD have never violated people's rights.

That's unfair.  I haven't bought into anything -- yet.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Monte has

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But I wasn't speaking to you, Ben.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Has Monte explained the reason behind the fake moon landing yet?
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ecocentric @ Feb. 13 2013, 11:00 pm)
Monte has

I have pointed out inconsistencies, nothing else. Some people get scared.

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:52 pm)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:43 pm)

Could Dorner have planted multiple wallets, to throw off the PD?

Dropping "breadcrumbs" misdirecting pursuit into Mexico when he had unfinished business further north back in Los Angeles?

Perhaps.

ETA An "inconsistency" would be TWO identical drivers licenses, which has not been reported. Oh and police credentials aren't carried in a personal wallet.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't think the LA  Times is related to prison planet whatever.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:01 pm)

Whew, good to know.  You wrote, "And as usual you buy it." and posted right under my post...   :D

I was thinking how every self-respecting 'Mexican' has multiple ID's so it must be brain-dead easy for Dorner to get his own set, to throw off his pursuers.

--------------
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A legible drivers license on a charred human remain is not likely, but you go forward HSF.

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:19 pm)
A legible drivers license on a charred human remain is not likely, but you go forward HSF.

Yes, you do have a point there.  Something like this, methinks there will be many more agencies investigating -- local, state and possibly federal -- so it won't be easy for any one PD to create a story -- not impossible, but not so easy.  We hope.

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 11:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Feb. 13 2013, 11:18 pm)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:01 pm)

Whew, good to know.  You wrote, "And as usual you buy it." and posted right under my post...   :D

I was thinking how every self-respecting 'Mexican' has multiple ID's so it must be brain-dead easy for Dorner to get his own set, to throw off his pursuers.

Sorry. You know sometimes people post at the same time, or nearly. At any rate, I most certainly was not speaking to you in that post.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 7:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Montecresto

It is strange that the cabin picked that time to accidentally catch on fire too. But unlikely things happen - including an intact plastic driver's license surviving a burned to the ground cabin.
 Post Number: 30
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 7:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 13 2013, 10:22 pm)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 13 2013, 7:16 pm)

No I believe in common sense. I have probably five or six wallets and as I mentioned four or so "IDs". All photo IDs, all official.

The one I carry has whatever ID and money I need at the time, but its hardly the only one I own.

Much like the mythical "rifle left in the car" silliness the other thing I believe is that its often much more productive to NOT run breathlessly onto the Internet  waving the newest conspiracy du jour until the dust has had a nice amount of time to settle.

In most cases, the confusion (and conspiracy talk that follows) is the result of the generally poor reporting that accompanies these situations.

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
54 replies since Feb. 13 2013, 9:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Corners wallet
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions