2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Senator Hatch on the 2nd amendment< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 10:23 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) believes that President Barack Obama and "most liberal Democrats" really want to repeal the Second Amendment.

On Thursday, conservative radio host Laura Ingraham asked Hatch, "Do you think, if he had his druthers, President Obama would repeal the Second Amendment?"

"I don't think there's any question about it. Most liberal Democrats would," Hatch replied. "I don't know of any liberal Republicans that would, but most liberal Democrats would. They'll mouth that they wouldn't, but look, what are they doing? They want more and more controls."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....62.html

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Would you expect anything else from the intellectual heir of Brigham Young? Mormons discovered at Mountain Meadows that it's much easier to massacre innocent people when fully armed.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 10:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That has nothing to do with the op topic.

--------------
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 10:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sure it does. Your topic is based on the "opinion" of one man who is spouting nonsense.  His opinion is clouded by his beliefs. In other words, no one with any sense would give Hatch's opinion any credibility at all on the issue of the 2nd Amendment.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 11:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

His opinion is supported by much political rhetoric on gun control from the left. Not by his faith. You don't even know what sense is.

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 11:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nothing is said is based in fact. It's purely is opinion. His opinion on the topic is no more valid than Ted Nugent's or yours.
 Post Number: 7
bbobb169 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 2:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(HighGravity @ Feb. 24 2013, 8:42 am)
Would you expect anything else from the intellectual heir of Brigham Young? Mormons discovered at Mountain Meadows that it's much easier to massacre innocent people when fully armed.

You're a A** to try and correlate with someones religion.
 Post Number: 8
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 3:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 10:23 am)
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) believes that President Barack Obama and "most liberal Democrats" really want to repeal the Second Amendment.

On Thursday, conservative radio host Laura Ingraham asked Hatch, "Do you think, if he had his druthers, President Obama would repeal the Second Amendment?"

"I don't think there's any question about it. Most liberal Democrats would," Hatch replied. "I don't know of any liberal Republicans that would, but most liberal Democrats would. They'll mouth that they wouldn't, but look, what are they doing? They want more and more controls."

Ya, well demgogue right-wing Republicans will often say things they don't even believe in
because they think its a way to pander to their ignorant base and thus help them win their
next primary election(a Republican in Utah obviously would only have to worry about a
primary election rather than a general election)

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 9
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 3:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 7:23 am)
"Do you think, if he had his druthers, President Obama would repeal the Second Amendment?"

"I don't think there's any question about it..."

So you would rather take the opinion of a political opponent over the man's own words regarding his position on firearms and the Second Amendment?
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No. Obama as senator and presidential candidate had some less than supportive things to say about guns. But let's wait and see where he falls on this issue ultimately. The DOJ has a summary paper right now that supports confiscation. Obviously it's far from law or policy. But anyone that denies the global trend of banning firearms to all citizens is naive.

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Feb. 24 2013, 3:19 pm)

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 10:23 am)

Ya, well demgogue right-wing Republicans will often say things they don't even believe in
because they think its a way to pander to their ignorant base and thus help them win their
next primary election(a Republican in Utah obviously would only have to worry about a
primary election rather than a general election)

Sure. And so will democrats. Partisans perpetuate America's woes.

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Monte

This iteration of the Republican party are the kings of demagoguery

and when Democrats do demagogue they obviously will not say that most
liberal democrats want to repeal the 2nd amendment

So you acknowledge the guy you quoted probably doesn't even believe what
he said and just said it to rile up the base of his party?

--------------
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, I don't acknowledge that. I'm just saying don't hold democrats elevated above republicans. Both parties are filth. A real constitutional party needs to arise if the US we have known is to survive.

--------------
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:06 pm)
No. Obama as senator and presidential candidate had some less than supportive things to say about guns. But let's wait and see where he falls on this issue ultimately. The DOJ has a summary paper right now that supports confiscation. Obviously it's far from law or policy. But anyone that denies the global trend of banning firearms to all citizens is naive.

"The DOJ has a summary paper right now that supports confiscation."

Want to expand on that with a link?

Confiscation of what firearms?

Does any confiscation of ANY firearms for any reason proof that those who
want to confiscate ANY firearm for any reason want to repeal the 2nd amendment?

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One by one the remaining countries that have allowed private gun ownership have been repealing this right. The UN has stated that private gun ownership in America is an impediment to their global agenda.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:23 pm)
No, I don't acknowledge that. I'm just saying don't hold democrats elevated above republicans. Both parties are filth. A real constitutional party needs to arise if the US we have known is to survive.

both parties are NOT equally irresponsible with their rhetoric

but more to the point this isn't about some competition to see which side are more demgogues.

It is about the fact that you quoted hatch as if the mere fact(you did this before when quoted
Newt) of quoting him adds weight to what he said without even considering the political
motivation of why he might have said what he said.  Hatch has always been a senator with
very little crediblity

So you deny that he was demagoguing?

--------------
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't believe he was demagoguing. Absolutely not. He believes liberals ideally would prefer confiscation.

"The National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The nine page “cursory summary” on current gun control initiatives was not officially releasedby the Obama administration.

The DOJ memo states the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation” and thinks universal background checks “won’t work without requiring national gun registration.” Obama has yet to publicly support national registration or firearms confiscation, although the memo reveals his administration is moving in that direction."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/little-falls-ny/T0BT2HU1NA4SJ9FHL

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:26 pm)
One by one the remaining countries that have allowed private gun ownership have been repealing this right. The UN has stated that private gun ownership in America is an impediment to their global agenda.

evading the question

Yes or No

If the government takes away ANY FIREARM(lets just say one firearm and its was about the
most lethal firearm you can think of that only the most lethal special ops operators would
use) from ANYONE(regardless of that person's criminal and psychological background) then
that is proof that the government wants to repeal the 2nd amendment?

Its simple question with a very direct simple answer.

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes. I agree with senator Hatch that the ultimate goal for the US is total gun confiscation. Btw, I don't agree with him on anything else.

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:31 pm)
I don't believe he was demagoguing. Absolutely not. He believes liberals ideally would prefer confiscation.

"The National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The nine page “cursory summary” on current gun control initiatives was not officially releasedby the Obama administration.

The DOJ memo states the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation” and thinks universal background checks “won’t work without requiring national gun registration.” Obama has yet to publicly support national registration or firearms confiscation, although the memo reveals his administration is moving in that direction."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/little-falls-ny/T0BT2HU1NA4SJ9FHL

Aside from the fact I think you're a total fool to think Hatch really believes that

What you quoted WAS NOT FROM THE DOJ(gee surprise you didn't source it to the DOJ) but the
NRA's propaganda spin on what the DOJ supposedly said

The gun lobby is citing the nine-page memo in ads running in 15 states, including several
swing states with Senate elections next year. In the ad, the NRA says the memo proves that
the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation”

http://thehill.com/blogs....easures

See this the way the Gun fanatic propagandists work. They claim something when the something
is straight from the NRA but claim that something is something else

Link to the DOJ source itself to see if they really did say that

--------------
 Post Number: 21
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Stirring up the base.   This is as ridiculous a strawman as Sharia law.

Where is the proposed repeal legislation?
Where are the votes in Congress?
Where are the votes in the states to ratify?
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:34 pm)
Yes. I agree with senator Hatch that the ultimate goal for the US is total gun confiscation. Btw, I don't agree with him on anything else.

Pure idiotic lunacy.

But having said you evaded my question again. I didn't ask you if you "agree with senator
Hatch that the ultimate goal for the US is total gun confiscation".

I asked you

If the government takes away ANY FIREARM(lets just say one firearm and its was about the
most lethal firearm you can think of that only the most lethal special ops operators would
use) from ANYONE(regardless of that person's criminal and psychological background) then

Yes or no?

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:40 pm)

Ya its obviously stirring up the base. Last primary election Hatch was worried that he
would become like Bennet(the previous conservative senator in Utah who lost in a primary
challenge to a tea party because he was deemed not conservative enough for the tea party).

Now I never liked Hatch ever since he defended the even more detestable Oliver North during
the Iran-contra hearings in the 1980's

he also one of the most corrupt politicians when it comes to lobbying for and conflict of
interest for pharmaceutical industry

Check this out

http://www.csmonitor.com/2000/0719/p1s2.html/%28page%29/2

--------------
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Your naive if you miss the trend, globally over the last few decades to deny private gun ownership. And the UN's agenda.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Dennis The Menace @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:46 pm)

Ya its obviously stirring up the base. Last primary election Hatch was worried that he
would become like Bennet(the previous conservative senator in Utah who lost in a primary
challenge to a tea party because he was deemed not conservative enough for the tea party).

Now I never liked Hatch ever since he defended the even more detestable Oliver North during

he also one of the most corrupt politicians when it comes to lobbying for and conflict of

Check this out

I agree with those assessments about Hatch.

--------------
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:47 pm)
Your naive if you miss the trend, globally over the last few decades to deny private gun ownership. And the UN's agenda.

We aren't talking about any parnoid view of a trend

We are talking about a question I asked you that you keep evading

here is the question again

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and that question was Monte

Yes or no?

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:48 pm)

(Dennis The Menace @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:46 pm)

Check this out

I agree with those assessments about Hatch.

one of those assessments about Hatch was that Hatch was
"stirring up the base"

if you agree with that you've contradicted yourself

--------------
 Post Number: 29
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 4:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 4:47 pm)

Can you point out some constitutional changes that were made in response to external pressure without sufficient domestic support?  Can you point to any that were made without repeal legislation, votes in Congress, or ratification by the states?
 Post Number: 30
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 5:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 24 2013, 1:47 pm)

I believe you have been brainwashed by the NRA (and similar groups) regarding OUR government's secret desire to disarm OUR entire nation.

I capitalize "OUR" because what other governments and their citizens have done is irrelevant to what OUR nation and OUR citizens will do.  The UN does not run our nation.  It never has and it never will.
43 replies since Feb. 24 2013, 10:23 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Senator Hatch on the 2nd amendment
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions