2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Canadian news anchor warns americans, Gun registration=confiscation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 10:46 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Canadian news anchor Brian Lilley has blunt words of warning for the United States: Gun “registration will lead to confiscation.” And that’s a first-person perspective

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news....pdTECpL
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 11:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So the Sun Myung Moon owned Washington Times found an article in the Glen Beck owned The Blaze about an unknown Canadian journalist, who works for a conservative tabloid and for some reason we should care about his opinion. Will your next thread be about opinions offered by Ted Nugent or Jesse Ventura?
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 11:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well you seem to think that your opinion has some value. Are you the other decider. Do you just show up here everyday to personally attack people, ridicule them? You have something nasty to say to somebody on every thread I opened today that you have posted in. Talking to you is a waste of every bodies time!

--------------
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 11:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The guy who puts his pants on in the morning thinking the whole world is dressed doesn't know Brian Lilley, so nobody does.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 11:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Your opinion is being attacked. That's what debate is. You're not personally being attacked. Your arguments are an appeal to authority but the authority has no credibility therefore your argument is fallacious.

If all you have are the opinions of others to back your own opinion, then you have nothing.  Don't be such a crybaby.
 Post Number: 6
Pathfinder1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 12:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi...

So...this is a debate forum, eh...??
 Post Number: 7
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 7:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well we can add Canadian gun laws to Canadian healthcare laws for something else no one has submitted  ANY actual legislation imitating.

I wait with bated breath for the dire warning on traffic signs in French.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 8:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think we have a New England state that will be going to single payer health care. Canada's single payer health care started in Manitoba (I think it was) and spread to the entire country. Eventually marijauna will be legal across the country.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 9:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 24 2013, 7:16 pm)
I wait with bated breath for the dire warning on traffic signs in French.

THEY'RE ALREADY HERE!!!!!

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_ne....avelers

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"I think we have a New England state that will be going to single payer health care."

Link?
 Post Number: 11
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 5:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 25 2013, 11:25 am)
"I think we have a New England state that will be going to single payer health care."

Link?

Legislation has been introduced in Massachusetts to create a single payer health care system for Massachusetts.

See: Masscare Website
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 5:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So a proposal only and so that "will be going to single payer health care" was wrong.

"Mass-Care is supporting two pieces of single payer legislation for the 2012-2013 legislative session. The first, “An Act to Ensure Effective Health Care Cost Control” (HD 1677, SD 875) would require the state every year to compare our total health care spending with our projected health care spending if the Commonwealth implemented a single payer health care system; if after several years the “Single Payer Benchmark” outperformed our actual health care spending, the state would be responsible for developing a single payer implementation plan and submitting it to the Legislature. The second, “An Act for Improved Medicare for All in Massachusetts: Providing Guaranteed, Affordable Health Care” (HD 699, SD 1059) would immediately begin implementation of a single payer health care system for Massachusetts."

Interesting. Leave it to the People's Republic of Massachusetts eh? Has Romney and the Heritage Foundation jumped on board this?
 Post Number: 13
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 6:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If they hope to implement that, they're gonna need to come up with a better name than Massacre Masscare. :p

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 7:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

By Zach Howard

BRATTLEBORO, Vermont -- Vermont became the first state to lay the groundwork for single-payer health care on Thursday when its governor signed an ambitious bill aimed at establishing universal insurance coverage for all residents.

"This law recognizes an economic and fiscal imperative," Democratic Governor Peter Shumlin said as he signed the bill into law at the State House.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011....73.html

--------------
 Post Number: 15
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 8:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Feb. 25 2013, 3:50 pm)
If they hope to implement that, they're gonna need to come up with a better name than Massacre Masscare. :p

Hah!
That was exactly what I thought.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 8:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 25 2013, 4:30 pm)
By Zach Howard

BRATTLEBORO, Vermont -- Vermont became the first state to lay the groundwork for single-payer health care on Thursday when its governor signed an ambitious bill aimed at establishing universal insurance coverage for all residents.

"This law recognizes an economic and fiscal imperative," Democratic Governor Peter Shumlin said as he signed the bill into law at the State House.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011....73.html

"A key component establishes a state health benefits exchange, as mandated by new federal health care laws, that will offer coverage from private insurers, state-sponsored and multi-state plans. It also will include tax credits to make premiums affordable for uninsured Vermonters."

Huh? An Obamacare exhange isn't single payer: "private insurers ( plural right there), state sponsored and multistage plans" Also plural. There's nothing "single payer" in that description. Oh and "making premiums affordable for  for uninsured Vermonters means they'll be paying their own premiums right?

More "slippery slope" hysteria without supporting facts.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 9:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, not really. First this one is a good slippery slope. I agree with Vermont's governor. We should grow up and join the rest of the developed world. I own a medical billing company. I know of what I speak. There is unbelievable middle man costs to health care in America (I am a middle man) while it is illegal for primary health care to be provided for profit in Europe. They have no need of billing companies. Doctors are provided a salary and they get to go be doctors. In America doctors need in addition to their eight years of med school, a year of business and a year of law. Except they don't get that. So the need for people like me, which adds to the overall health care costs.

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 12:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's not single payer is it?
 Post Number: 19
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 8:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 25 2013, 8:13 pm)
No, not really. First this one is a good slippery slope. I agree with Vermont's governor. We should grow up and join the rest of the developed world. I own a medical billing company. I know of what I speak. There is unbelievable middle man costs to health care in America (I am a middle man) while it is illegal for primary health care to be provided for profit in Europe. They have no need of billing companies. Doctors are provided a salary and they get to go be doctors. In America doctors need in addition to their eight years of med school, a year of business and a year of law. Except they don't get that. So the need for people like me, which adds to the overall health care costs.

+1

As I watch the things that private health insurance companies are doing to rename costs from an administrative cost to a cost of providing health care ( in order to keep administrative costs under 20% as required by Obamacare ), I can see that we must go to single payer. As long as there are ways to game the system, providers and private health insurance companies are going to enrich themselves unfairly. These crooks aren't giving up their multi-million dollar stock option packages and compensation easily.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 8:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Post 14.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 3:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 25 2013, 9:13 pm)

+1

OMG... I completely agree with one of your posts on TPA!  :D   Just the fact that "medical billing" is an industry in this country should tell us something.

If Massachusetts can afford and sustain their program, kudos to them.  And I mean that sincerely.  I lived in Massachusetts and was laid off and it really was their state health care program that allowed me to keep health insurance and still pay my other essential bills (housing, food, utilities, etc.)  Without it, whatever savings and unemployment insurance I had would simply have gone to pay for COBRA and nothing else.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
20 replies since Feb. 24 2013, 10:46 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Canadian news anchor warns americans
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions