2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Why those evil black rifles, are so popular< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 5:54 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/ar-15/

Sadly....for the brady folk...it is not all about the killin after all

"In the past two decades, the AR-15 has evolved into an open, modular gun platform that’s infinitely hackable and accessorizable. With only a few simple tools and no gunsmithing expertise, an AR-15 can be heavily modified, or even assembled from scratch, from widely available parts to suit the fancy and fantasy of each individual user. In this respect, the AR-15 is the world’s first “maker” gun, and this is why its appeal extends well beyond the military enthusiasts that many anti-gun types presume make up its core demographic."

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 7:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wired magazine?

Well, if I wanted to know everything about guns, Wired magazine would be the first place I would look.

LuTz

It seems that the gunsluts have to resort to picking straws out of cow pattys now to protect their fetish for their precious.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 8:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Was Chris Kyle a gunslut?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 4
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 8:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Also from your link:

Users can change calibers by swapping out barrels, bolts, and magazines; they can add and remove accessories like Trijicon optics, Surefire flashlights, or Crimson Trace laser sights; they can swap out the rail system on the gun’s fore-end to accommodate more or fewer accessories; they can change grip styles and stock sizes to tailor the gun to fit their own body; they can even theme the gun with special paints and decals (zombie apocalypse themes are popular, but I’ve also seen Hello Kitty). And they can do all of this by either ordering new parts and accessories from online or local shops, or by taking parts from different guns in their collection and mixing and matching them to produce something completely new.

“I always tease that it’s like Legos for grown men,” Duncan elaborates, “because there’s plenty of guys that get one, two, six ARs. And they’re constantly tinkering with them — changing barrel lengths, changing optics, putting different sights on them. It’s the same reason that a guy gets into remote-controlled cars or fly tying. Because it’s a fun hobby, and it’s a distraction from reality sometimes.”

I admit that guns can be fun. Time at the range with friends is a great way to relieve stress and just chill out in an alcohol free environment.

It is a mistake to claim that "assault rifles" are made only to kill lots of people. It is a mistake to claim that people who own "assault rifles"  are all deranged killers. And making those claims is hurting the agenda to make America a gun free society. As people learn the truth about "assault rifles", they start to distrust the gun control advocates. The truth is hurting the gun control agenda.

That is why I advocate the straight-forward and honest approach to banning all guns in America. I won't make the false claim that I only want to see "sniper rifles" banned - when you know that my true agenda is to ban ALL guns. I won't claim that gun owners are mentally defective and paranoid - because I know that you will discover the truth and then distrust me. I won't make the false claim that "assault rifles" are useful only to kill people - because you will know that I am lying. I don't try to deceive you that the proposed "universal background check" is NOT a backdoor way to a "national gun registry".

I think that gun control advocates should just be honest. Any measure that restricts or makes gun ownership more expensive and onerous is a step toward a gun free America - and that is what I want.

Gun owners are intelligent, logical, law abiding people too. Trying to deceive them is just backfiring and making them dig in their heels - and to distrust everything that gun control advocates say.

The truth is that guns are sometimes misused by bad people. Banning guns, as London has, WILL reduce the misuse of guns - and WILL SAVE LIVES.
That is the reason that guns need to be banned in America - THE HONEST TRUTH.
 Post Number: 5
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 9:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 26 2013, 8:10 am)

I don't know, but he died an idiot.  Had his killer also killed some other innocent person (his co-participant wasn't innocent), then that murdered innocent person's blood would also be on Kyle's hands.

Kyle wasn't qualified to be playing therapists with guns.
 Post Number: 6
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 10:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Feb. 26 2013, 2:54 am)
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/ar-15/

Sadly....for the brady folk...it is not all about the killin after all

"In the past two decades, the AR-15 has evolved into an open, modular gun platform that’s infinitely hackable and accessorizable. With only a few simple tools and no gunsmithing expertise, an AR-15 can be heavily modified, or even assembled from scratch, from widely available parts to suit the fancy and fantasy of each individual user. In this respect, the AR-15 is the world’s first “maker” gun, and this is why its appeal extends well beyond the military enthusiasts that many anti-gun types presume make up its core demographic."

"fancy and fantasy"

Interesting choice of words.
 Post Number: 7
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 12:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, black is just so slimming.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 2:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Forget gun control

Go after these felony celebrators!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news....8.story

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 2:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 26 2013, 12:23 pm)

But warm on a sunny day....which is why mine are actually earth tones

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 10
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 3:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Feb. 26 2013, 11:58 am)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Feb. 26 2013, 12:23 pm)

But warm on a sunny day....which is why mine are actually earth tones

Excellent choice! Less likely to show dirt stains as well. Though the butt will look bigger....
 Post Number: 11
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 9:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not really interested in BillBabs masturbatory fantasies.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 12
george of the j Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 3:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bass, I like you're straight up approach. Too bad all Americans don't hash things out that way.

---George
 Post Number: 13
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 7:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Feb. 26 2013, 7:10 am)

Well, that depends.

Does he post on a backpacking forum about his love of guns and then tries to defend his unnatural fetish by comparing gun deaths with other items....such as hammers, cars, and other things?

But then taking someone who has mental issues about guns to a gun range is like taking a chomo to a playground.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 7:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Was he a gunslut?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
13 replies since Feb. 26 2013, 5:54 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Why those evil black rifles
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions