2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Absolute Insanity Now The Norm, Thanks Adam Lanza and your mom too!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 1:24 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The speed and acceleration of lunacy is growing exponentially. When will it stop or what it will end up as should be interesting to watch and observe. At least you can save $16.00 at the movie theaters;  :p

http://www.ktnv.com/news/watercooler/194673111.html

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 04 2013, 11:24 am)
At least you can save $16.00 at the movie theaters;  :p

Classy joke.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 1:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A pop tart is probably more dangerous than a gun.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 4
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 1:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Mar. 04 2013, 1:26 pm)

Only after it's been toasted.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 5
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 1:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(EastieTrekker @ Mar. 04 2013, 10:31 am)

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Mar. 04 2013, 1:26 pm)

Only after it's been toasted.

Yeah, you could get a serious burn on the roof of your mouth from that fruit filling.
 Post Number: 6
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 1:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He would have gotten more than two days if it had been a nice, healthy, banana.....
 Post Number: 7
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2013, 2:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Makes slightly less senase than this

http://www.theblaze.com/stories....spended

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 05 2013, 10:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is, by far, the stupidest so far:

The Grand Island (Neb.) school district is forcing a 3-year-old deaf boy to change the way he signs his name, because they say his gestures violate their weapons policy. Preschooler Hunter Spanjer's personalized name sign is a registered sign with Signing Exact English -- a modified form of American Sign Language -- and involves extended index fingers that the district says resembles a gun

http://now.msn.com/school-....e-a-gun

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 05 2013, 10:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think Alicia Keys and Alex Rodriguez should change their names, because their initials are "AK" and "AR".

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 05 2013, 12:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good news for any students traumatized by the pastry

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2013....nt.html

Sweet Jesus!

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 05 2013, 1:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Mar. 05 2013, 12:28 pm)
Sweet Jesus!

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 6:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Think this article ranks right up near the top;

http://www.foxnews.com/politic....-buyers

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 6:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Mar. 05 2013, 1:29 pm)

(BillBab @ Mar. 05 2013, 12:28 pm)
Sweet Jesus!

more like yummy jesus

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 14
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's it! Jokes about serious subjects?

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 07 2013, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some of the ideas  are almost funny

Like this moron

http://www.foxnews.com/politic....qbo9rf0

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 07 2013, 1:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Mar. 07 2013, 1:46 pm)
Some of the ideas  are almost funny

Like this moron

http://www.foxnews.com/politic....qbo9rf0

Sorry Billbab, beat you to that one!

Look at my last post!

You get an A for effort though!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 6:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013....-school

I get a kick how the principle invokes Sandy Hook, beyond insanity!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 18
Gabby Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 6:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere. On one hand, there are those who advocate arming teachers, having armed security guards and creating a fortress of defense in our schools. On the other hand, there are those who feel that guns create fear in schools and we need to put solid security measures in place  plus practice routines to be prepared in case an emergency should ever occur. Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions.”
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. You may not agree, and you may very well disagree with the decision in this instance, but this sounds like someone who's trying to do what they think is right. Nothing at all wrong with that, however much it may have seemed like "overreaction" to you or me.

As to your Fox News story, I think the following patent would make much better sense in limiting stockpiling of ammo:

A cartridge primer which utilizes an explosive that can be designed to become inactive in a predetermined period of time: a limited-life primer. The explosive or combustible material of the primer is an inorganic reactive multilayer (RML). The reaction products of the RML are sub-micron grains of non-corrosive inorganic compounds that would have no harmful effects on firearms or cartridge cases. Unlike use of primers containing lead components, primers utilizing RML's would not present a hazard to the environment. The sensitivity of an RML is determined by the physical structure and the stored interfacial energy. The sensitivity lowers with time due to a decrease in interfacial energy resulting from interdiffusion of the elemental layers. Time-dependent interdiffusion is predictable, thereby enabling the functional lifetime of an RML primer to be predetermined by the initial thickness and materials selection of the reacting layers.
This way, people would be more inclined to buy just what they needed for whatever recreational purposes they had in mind.
 Post Number: 19
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 7:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, another good tech suggestion to go along with smart gun technology that severly limits who may use any given gun.

There are many sensible steps that we can take to make guns less deadly in the hands of a mass killer, rather than spending all the time on political battles that accomplish nothing for increased safety.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 8:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Mar. 08 2013, 6:57 pm)
“In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere. On one hand, there are those who advocate arming teachers, having armed security guards and creating a fortress of defense in our schools. On the other hand, there are those who feel that guns create fear in schools and we need to put solid security measures in place  plus practice routines to be prepared in case an emergency should ever occur. Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions.”
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. You may not agree, and you may very well disagree with the decision in this instance, but this sounds like someone who's trying to do what they think is right. Nothing at all wrong with that, however much it may have seemed like "overreaction" to you or me.

As to your Fox News story, I think the following patent would make much better sense in limiting stockpiling of ammo:

A cartridge primer which utilizes an explosive that can be designed to become inactive in a predetermined period of time: a limited-life primer. The explosive or combustible material of the primer is an inorganic reactive multilayer (RML). The reaction products of the RML are sub-micron grains of non-corrosive inorganic compounds that would have no harmful effects on firearms or cartridge cases. Unlike use of primers containing lead components, primers utilizing RML's would not present a hazard to the environment. The sensitivity of an RML is determined by the physical structure and the stored interfacial energy. The sensitivity lowers with time due to a decrease in interfacial energy resulting from interdiffusion of the elemental layers. Time-dependent interdiffusion is predictable, thereby enabling the functional lifetime of an RML primer to be predetermined by the initial thickness and materials selection of the reacting layers.
This way, people would be more inclined to buy just what they needed for whatever recreational purposes they had in mind.

Cupcakes??

Little pieces of plastic??

Really??

"but this sounds like someone who's trying to do what they think is right"

No sure where the "thinking" part comes in.

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 8:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Primers with a limited shelf life???

That is every bit as stupid as "smart" guns

A firearm can be a weapon of violent crime...no doubt

But it can also be a lifesaving device...and lifesaving devices need to work when you need them to

Anything else is like saying all knives must be dull which is also stupid...in case you could not work it out for yourself

If the bad guys gun does not go off he will use it as a poorly made club and beat you to death

Unless your gun works and you stop him

Of course what is more likely is that the bad guy will have a dumb gun with good primers and you will not have to be beaten

Idiots

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 8:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another idiot

This nutcase thinks it is lgal to hunt humans

http://www.theblaze.com/stories....gazines

can we please rescind her concealed carry permit?

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 09 2013, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 08 2013, 6:14 pm)
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013....-school

I get a kick how the principle invokes Sandy Hook, beyond insanity!

First they came for our pastries and I said nothing

Then they came for our cupcakes and I said nothing

Then they came for our guns :laugh:

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 24
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 09 2013, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How did that good guy with a gun stopping the bad guy with a gun work out for Navy Seal and his special forces buddy when they took a nutcase to the gun range??

Why and how can the gun nuts ignore continually that the vase majority of family members being accidentally shot, and committing suicide are doing it with their family's guns, and no crazy armed invaders are involved.

Even the vast majority of people murdered by guns are shot by a significant other or family member.  

Why don't the gun nuts want to make these things happen less often with greatly improved safety for all of our guns??

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2013, 10:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The vast majority of people murdered by guns are criminals....shot by other criminals

Ask any big city police chief and they will tell you....something like 75% of their murder victims are easily identifiable by the police....because they have an arrest record

Why do some anti gun nuts think they can make guns "safer"?

Modern firearms only go bang when you pull the trigger

Can't get much safer than that

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2013, 10:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I find myself wondering the same thing as I read the posts by the assorted illiterates who support "total gun freedom" on this forum. You don't agree with the person in question, but that doesn't make that person wrong, strangely enough.

There is nothing at all "sacred" about the right to bear arms. All freedoms are relative.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2013, 11:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There is really no point in addressing comments by someone like BillBab.

Of course there are ways of making guns safer. If you don't understand the relationship of ready access to guns and firearm death, then you haven't been paying attention.

"In 2011,14,675 people were wounded in an unintentional shooting but survived (National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC).

The mortality rate from accidental shootings is 8 times higher in the four states with the most guns compared to the four states with the fewest guns (Miller, 2001, p. 481)."

An article in the NY Times yesterday showed a statistical relationship between availability of guns and suicide.

Since Newtown:
How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns Since Newtown?
(An interactive graphic of those killed in the U.S. since Newtown.)
http://www.slate.com/article....ng.html

This chart gives some idea of the severity of our problem:
Gun-related Murder Rates in the Developed World
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2013, 11:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Mar. 10 2013, 10:56 am)

I find myself wondering the same thing as I read the posts by the assorted illiterates who support "total gun freedom" on this forum. You don't agree with the person in question, but that doesn't make that person wrong, strangely enough.

There is nothing at all "sacred" about the right to bear arms. All freedoms are relative.

Don't think anyone is arguing that Gabby, at least not me and I don't believe in "total gun freedom" either.

Just saying for that particular teacher in question taking away the cupcakes was beyond the bizarre. I don't think she was wrong, I know she was wrong!

I agree that all freedoms are relative and gun rights are not sacred. However, it is a guarantee in the Constitution which has to give it special class of identification and purpose.

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2013, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabby @ Mar. 10 2013, 11:10 am)
There is really no point in addressing comments by someone like BillBab.

Of course there are ways of making guns safer. If you don't understand the relationship of ready access to guns and firearm death, then you haven't been paying attention.

"In 2011,14,675 people were wounded in an unintentional shooting but survived (National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC).

The mortality rate from accidental shootings is 8 times higher in the four states with the most guns compared to the four states with the fewest guns (Miller, 2001, p. 481)."

An article in the NY Times yesterday showed a statistical relationship between availability of guns and suicide.

Since Newtown:
How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns Since Newtown?
(An interactive graphic of those killed in the U.S. since Newtown.)
http://www.slate.com/article....ng.html

This chart gives some idea of the severity of our problem:
Gun-related Murder Rates in the Developed World

Drifting off topic a bit, but have a look at this. Would like to know what you think, honestly!

http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2013, 1:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gabby may be too dense to understand....but in every single "unintentional" shooting two things happened...

Someone pointed the gun at someone else

Then they pulled the trigger

The gun worked exactly as designed

Guns are safe....people....not always

The only way to make a fireram more safe is to make it inoperable

If you runover someone in a crosswalk you may want to blame your car but it worked perfectly

If you slice open your hand in the kitchen it is your own clumsiness that is to blame

But people do not have an unreasonable fear of cars and kitchn cutllery even though both of those items could be used for violence

But folks are afeered of guns

And now we have to pass laws to keep people from acting stupid

http://dailycaller.com/2013....aryland

BB....the facts are clear....even the FBI admits that firearms save at least four times as many lives as they take

--------------

Thomas Sowell
55 replies since Mar. 04 2013, 1:24 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Absolute Insanity Now The Norm
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions