2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Russian leader on Chavez' cancer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 8:36 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

MOSCOW, March 6 (RIA Novosti) – The death of Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez from cancer may have been part of a plot by the United States to infect its enemies in Latin America with the disease, the leader of Russia’s Communist party, Gennady Zyuganov, speculated on Wednesday.
“How did it happen that six leaders of Latin American countries which had criticized US policies and tried to create an influential alliance in order to be independent and sovereign states, fell ill simultaneously with the same disease?” Zyuganov said in comments carried by Russian state television.

http://en.rian.ru/russia....er.html

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Zyuganov is chairman of Russia's Communist Party.  A man of relative inconsequence?  Someone like Sarah Pailin?  Because his irresponsible mouthing off reminded me of her.  Both liked to push buttons and get reactions...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

C'mon Ben, stop raining on his conspiracy theories parade.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well sure, back to Sarah Palin and her insignificance.

--------------
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 06 2013, 8:22 am)
Sarah Palin and her insignificance.

And may she remain ever so.   :;):

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Way too partisan for me.

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 12:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 06 2013, 8:34 am)
Way too partisan for me.

I wasn't being partisan at all.  In our own country, we have diehards, idiots, etc. in both parties.  I'd expect similar in Russia.  If Zyuganov were a member of the ruling party and also a close confidant of Putin -- then I would worry more.  As it is, he seems to be nothing and just making hot air.  And regardless of country or party -- I hold the same hope that idiots remain nobody's.

Finally, my dim view toward Sarah Palin would remain exactly the same, regardless of her party affiliation.

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same point. Sarah Palin is a republican, therefore she is insignificant. Really she has been a governor and a vice presidential candidate so she is more significant than any of us posting our opinions here, regardless of how much I/we think we ARE significant.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 06 2013, 8:12 pm)
Same point. Sarah Palin is a republican, therefore she is insignificant.

Really she has been a governor and a vice presidential candidate so she is more significant than any of us posting our opinions here, regardless of how much I/we think we ARE significant.

Ah, Monte, the first part, you are now putting words in my mouth.  And that, after I specifically stated that I view her dimly regardless of her party affiliation! Why?

And the second part, I totally agree.  ALL of us not in leadership positions are indeed insignificant in the overall scheme of things.  Nice we are still given the freedom to exhaust our hot air from time to time.  Quite wonderful, actually.

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's still the same thing bud. I don't like Sarah Palin, I don't agree with her politics, but when someone of her prominence says something, it has more weight then when you or I do. She has a little more privy than you and I do. You don't think she has more contacts with people in Washington than you?

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think she gets quantum leaps more attention than we do, certainly, but much of that is notoriety.  Her actual ability to sway a majority to her points of view is slim to nil.

--------------
 Post Number: 12
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Monte, I find you and Palin both to make statements of little significance.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well I'm sorry that the op has degenerated to that. There remains a point here.

--------------
12 replies since Mar. 06 2013, 8:36 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Russian leader on Chavez' cancer
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions