2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

new topic new poll
Topic: Martial Law Declared in New York City, why is no one reporting it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 11:22 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Ask yourself why this is not being reported all over the country!

http://12160.info/profile....rooklyn

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

It is being reported all across the nation, but it is not alarming.  Many protests have had police step in to restore order, including protests of police actions.  This alone is not news.

Neither is your "Sky is Falling" type of posting.  Not everything is a sign of the Constitutional Republic coming to an end, and not everything a Congressperson from California says is something to complain about.

We all have our hot button issues, but yours seem to be both numerous, and frivolous.  Try to keep your head about you.  Stay calm in the face of difficult times.  As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said,  "Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must ."  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(ol-zeke @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:13 pm)
It is being reported all across the nation, but it is not alarming.  Many protests have had police step in to restore order, including protests of police actions.  This alone is not news.

Neither is your http://bangordailynews.com/2013....-of-gun type of posting.  Not everything is a sign of the Constitutional Republic coming to an end, and not everything a Congressperson from California says is something to complain about.

We all have our hot button issues, but yours seem to be both numerous, and frivolous.  Try to keep your head about you.  Stay calm in the face of difficult times.  As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said,  "Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must ."  

Evidence ole zek? Link or two?

I have no "sky is falling" fear, But if you want to project your incorrect assumption, thats ok!

How many posts I'm I allowed ole zek?

Are your the forum judge on "frivolousness"?

If so, should I pm you all my posts before I place them up or do you prefer email?

Oh, and what is the process for being vaulted to that position so I can apply?

“At times the whole world seems to be in conspiracy to importune you with emphatic trifles. Friend, client, child, sickness, fear, want, charity, all knock at once at thy closet door and say,—'Come out unto us.' But keep thy state; come not into their confusion. The power men possess to annoy me I give them by a weak curiosity. No man can come near me but through my act.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson, The Essays of Ralph Waldo Emerson

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 4
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

With three witnesses supporting the officers: he pulled a gun on two police officers, that's what happens.

If you want a rule where law enforcement cannot fire the first shot when an armed person points a weapon at them then I expect salaries for law enforcement are going to have to go WAY up. Good luck with that.

Oh and, of course, it isn't "martial law" and the situation IS being widely covered, perhaps just not with that level of heavy breathing drama...
 Post Number: 5
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

I don't see it as widely reported either.  But my interpretation is the 'martial law declaration' is a semi non event.  I KNOW I can count on CNN, etc. to sensationalize if there is anything at all that can be sensationalized.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:31 pm)
With three witnesses supporting the officers: he pulled a gun on two police officers, that's what happens.

If you want a rule where law enforcement cannot fire the first shot when an armed person points a weapon at them then I expect salaries for law enforcement are going to have to go WAY up. Good luck with that.

Oh and, of course, it isn't "martial law" and the situation IS being widely covered, perhaps just not with that level of heavy breathing drama...

Wasn't addressing either one of you two points.

The post was why is the fact of martial law being declared not reported.

On the heels of three nights of protests over the police slaying of 16 year old Kimani Gray, the NYPD has turned the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn into a State of Exception, claiming emergency powers to suspend the constitutional guarantees of the citizenry.

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/009254.html

No heavy breathing here HSF, just posting a bit of news.

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 9:40 am)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:31 pm)

Wasn't addressing either one of you two points.

[edited to focus on the issue]

Well "martial law" is directly in your OT so noting that inaccuracy is a relevant reply.

Ever since the day of the incident it has been widely (granted I DO subsubscribe to "mainstream" media which are often based on the East Coast and so cover NYC and D.C. as local news) covered, no doubt because of the community reactiona as well as well as the Occupy Movement's interest.

The entire "no one is reporting this" theme is off, IMHO, YOU can't find coverage that satisfies YOU, not necessarily a global measure of coverage...

Your source was doing the heavy breathing. Yes your one sentence rhetorical question notsomuch.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:41 pm)
Then why bother replying directly to my post?

Because you seemed interested?

I still see no one report the fact of martial law being declared.

That was the ONLY point I was making!

Seems martial law is not a banality?

Lastly martial law was in the headline of my post!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 9
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 12:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

They actually have Godzilla trapped and the lamestream media isn't covering it.

Wonder what the Brooklynite exclamation for Godzilla smashing New York would be?  Kind of like the English overdubs or subtitles on the original Japanese films?

"Look, dog, ... it's a big a__ lizard.  Yo, ... is this Arizona and ... stuff?"

The only thing I'm seeing on HuffPo New York is Dave Chappelle is making a comeback and making the St Patty's day parade more inclusive.

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 1:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 9:51 am)

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:41 pm)
Then why bother replying directly to my post?

Because you seemed interested?

That was the ONLY point I was making!

Seems martial law is not a banality?

Lastly martial law was in the headline of my post!

Perhaps because it hasn't been declared? Asked and answered.

OR: Find an official declaration of "martial law" and link to it.

Not "seems like martial law", not "they're treating people AS IF there was martial law" off some conspiracy website with no name just a number but rather an offical declaration, you know, the ones where there is official, legal, authorization of the usage of militray forces (the "martial" in "martial law") in repsonse to an emergency.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 1:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 15 2013, 1:01 pm)

I provided a link HSF, your choosing to say it's not true.

If you want to disprove it, it's your turn to provide a link or evidence to disprove it or than you person opinion!

Your keep moving the goal posts.

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 1:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:14 am)

If you want to disprove it, it's your turn to provide a link or evidence to disprove it or than you person opinion!

No I'm saying it's not official, they reported what they did and the site isn't even named!

I'm saying proivide an official link to PROVE there's a declaration of martial law. You know, from the people who "declared" it? For martial law I expect that would be the State of New York or the Federal Government.

Proving there isn't? How does that happen?

Same goalposts: your inaccurate title.

"Martial Law Declared in New York City"

An unnamed website is hardly "proof" of anything. Come on if it's been "declared" where's the "declaration"? "http://12160.info" ? ? ? Yeah there's credibility in spades.

Double secret declrarations? Too many Animal House screenings.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 15 2013, 1:29 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:14 am)

No I'm saying it's not official, they reported what they did and the site isn't even named!

I'm saying proivide an official link to PROVE there's a declaration of martial law. You know, from the people who "declared" it? For martial law I expect that would be the State of New York or the Federal Government.

Proving there isn't? How does that happen?

Same goalposts: your inaccurate title.

"Martial Law Declared in New York City"

An unnamed website is hardly "proof" of anything. Come on if it's been "declared" where's the "declaration"? "http://12160.info" ? ? ? Yeah there's credibility in spades.

Double secret declrarations? Too many Animal House screenings.

Sorry HSF,  if you say the report isn't true, PROVE IT!

Till then your just spouting conjecture!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 14
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Spell check too complicated for you?

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 2:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Ecocentric @ Mar. 15 2013, 2:18 pm)

You must have been smacked around lot in school for being the head nitpicker huh?

Or maybe you didn't get breast fed?

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 3:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

So absent the hyperbole the possibly real term is a "State of Exception"?

Anybody familiar with New York State laws that can point to somehting that defines what (if anything) that is?

or are we still dealing with made up terms like "Death Panels"?

Online searching shows up nothing with that name other than the echo chamber sites. But that might be Bing's fault.

Lawyers? Police Oficers?

That another term for "curfew"
 Post Number: 17
wycanislatrans Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 7:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:21 pm)

You must have been smacked around lot in school for being the head nitpicker huh?

In general I find people who make simpleton and aggressive comments refering to high school and/or childhood to be the ones with the issues from such.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 7:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(wycanislatrans @ Mar. 15 2013, 7:28 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 12:21 pm)

In general I find people who make simpleton and aggressive comments refering to high school and/or childhood to be the ones with the issues from such.

Possibly, put that assumption doesn't negate the other!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 8:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Once again, the most poignant point that I can make; project much? Why are you so angry? Why do you have so little interest in anyone else's opinions? You have brought nothing positive to this forum, only extreme ideas and a toxic attitude. Maybe you are getting something out of it, but even the extremists here that lean your direction have only sparsely supported your rants. Indulge me for a moment, and tell me where did you take your last hike? Have you graduated from high school? What do you hope to gain by posting in this forum?

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 8:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Ecocentric @ Mar. 15 2013, 8:04 pm)
Once again, the most poignant point that I can make; project much? Why are you so angry? Why do you have so little interest in anyone else's opinions? You have brought nothing positive to this forum, only extreme ideas and a toxic attitude. Maybe you are getting something out of it, but even the extremists here that lean your direction have only sparsely supported your rants. Indulge me for a moment, and tell me where did you take your last hike? Have you graduated from high school? What do you hope to gain by posting in this forum?

Well Egocentric, let me put it this way; none of your business?

Sorry for the subtlety but it was hard to think of the right answer that you deserve. :;):

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 8:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

You should get some help. You have some problems.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Ecocentric @ Mar. 15 2013, 8:11 pm)
You should get some help. You have some problems.

Thanks Dad, you can go back to mind masturbating now! :D

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Still projecting

--------------
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 8:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Ecocentric @ Mar. 15 2013, 8:16 pm)
Still projecting

Still alone?

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 25
Wailer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 6:07 pm)

Sorry for the subtlety but it was hard to think of the right answer that you deserve. :;):

I think Eco's point is that people tend to communicate more effectively with a well-rounded understanding of who we are communicating with. Perhaps you and Eco share a favorite trail you have both hiked or maybe he is considering getting a new pair of boots you have previously owned and could give him an opinion on how they performed. Things tend to go a little smoother if we have some level of understanding in regards to a little common ground before moving into the most divisive topics. From what I have seen you seem to prefer to just stick with the most divisive stuff. Best of luck with that...
 Post Number: 26
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Because it hasn't.

And Eco is right. You have problems.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Wailer @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:08 pm)

I think Eco's point is that people tend to communicate more effectively with a well-rounded understanding of who we are communicating with. Perhaps you and Eco share a favorite trail you have both hiked or maybe he is considering getting a new pair of boots you have previously owned and could give him an opinion on how they performed. Things tend to go a little smoother if we have some level of understanding in regards to a little common ground before moving into the most divisive topics. From what I have seen you seem to prefer to just stick with the most divisive stuff. Best of luck with that...

Hey nimrod, this dolt has attacked me right form the start. OK, now go tell it somebody who cares.

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Montanalonewolf @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:37 pm)

Because it hasn't.

And Eco is right. You have problems.

Up until now Montana, I thought you had some good things to say.
This Eco dude has been attacking and stalking me from my first post with snarky, stupid and snippy remarks egging me on. I ignored him for several posts. Now the gloves are off.
Deal with it!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 29
Wailer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 8:51 pm)

Hey nimrod, this dolt has attacked me right form the start. OK, now go tell it somebody who cares.

And the beat goes on...
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   

(Wailer @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:54 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 15 2013, 8:51 pm)

And the beat goes on...

And the worm turns!
go ahead , I got all night twinkle toes !

--------------

Charlton Heston
46 replies since Mar. 15 2013, 11:22 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Martial Law Declared in New York City
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions