2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Depth New York Will Go To Implement Dictatorship, Here come the jack boots!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 8:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBl....nitches

On August 7, 1920, the German government passed the Gesetz über die Entwaffnung der Bevölkerung (Law on the Disarmament of the People). This law created the office of Reichskommissar for Disarmament of the Civil Population. This official was tasked with making a list of “military weapons” that were subject to immediate seizure. Sound familiar?

Perhaps the most frightening and foreboding provision of the law was that requiring all citizens with knowledge of anyone hoarding ammo or who owned outlawed weapons to turn in to the Reichskommissar the names of these people. Neighbors spying on neighbors. Sound familiar?

http://www.tuaw.com/2013....itizens

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm confused.

Are you against citizens reporting illegal contraband, whether it be a firearms or chemicals?

You must hate whistle blower statutes that reward people for reporting fraud.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Mar. 20 2013, 9:33 pm)
I'm confused.

Are you against citizens reporting illegal contraband, whether it be a firearms or chemicals?

I'm against this;

http://www.nytimes.com/2004....&src=pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Lindauer

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 4
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 9:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This thread needs BuggyBooHoo!!!!

LuTz

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 9:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 20 2013, 9:40 pm)

I'm confused.

I'm against this;

In 2008, Loretta A. Preska of the Federal District Court in New York City reaffirmed that Lindauer was mentally unfit to stand trial—despite Lindauer's insistence to the contrary. Preska ruled that Lindauer's belief in her connection to the intelligence community was evidence of her insanity

I'm against not treating crazy people too.

Hopefully she is getting the help she needs.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 9:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Mar. 20 2013, 9:55 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 20 2013, 9:40 pm)

I'm confused.

I'm against this;

In 2008, Loretta A. Preska of the Federal District Court in New York City reaffirmed that Lindauer was mentally unfit to stand trial—despite Lindauer's insistence to the contrary. Preska ruled that Lindauer's belief in her connection to the intelligence community was evidence of her insanity

I'm against not treating crazy people too.

Hopefully she is getting the help she needs.

Antipsychiatrist Thomas Szasz criticized the government's treatment of Lindauer and referred to her captors as "torturers".[2

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 9:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Right.  she isn't crazy.  everyone else is.

You never answered the original question - are you opposed to citizens reporting illegal contraband?
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013, 10:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Mar. 20 2013, 9:58 pm)

You never answered the original question - are you opposed to citizens reporting illegal contraband?

That's a distraction from the point of the post.

Here, let me try again;

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 9
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 12:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 20 2013, 5:26 pm)

On August 7, 1920, the German government passed the Gesetz über die Entwaffnung der Bevölkerung (Law on the Disarmament of the People). This law created the office of Reichskommissar for Disarmament of the Civil Population. This official was tasked with making a list of “military weapons” that were subject to immediate seizure. Sound familiar?

Perhaps the most frightening and foreboding provision of the law was that requiring all citizens with knowledge of anyone hoarding ammo or who owned outlawed weapons to turn in to the Reichskommissar the names of these people. Neighbors spying on neighbors. Sound familiar?

People like you make me wish there really were jackbooted thugs coming door to door to confiscate everyone's guns and drag the owners' sorry asses off to the gulag.

Because god knows a scumbag like you deserves it.

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 10
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 12:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ Mar. 20 2013, 9:03 pm)

People like you make me wish there really were jackbooted thugs coming door to door to confiscate everyone's guns and drag the owners' sorry asses off to the gulag.

Tom:

I don't own a gun and likely never will.  I recall how you love talking the talk about not agreeing with people but you would still respect their rights and their freedom?  Time and again, you show yourself talking out of both sides of your mouth! Hypocrite much?  Because that's how you come across pretty consistently.  The only scumbag here is the one who wrote as you did -- just because you didn't agree with someone else's constitutional rights.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 11
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 3:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When its constitutionally protected, yes.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 3:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ Mar. 21 2013, 12:03 am)

Scumbag! Really. You disagree with him, that's cool, but scumbag?

--------------
 Post Number: 13
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 8:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm confused.

Where's the $500 reward for turning in rapists, murderers, and pedophiles? Obviously, Cuomo cares more about 10-round magazines than the vicitims of these crimes.

If this applies to handguns as well as assault rifles, I'm gonna give them the address of every single house in the south side of Syracuse. I'll be a friggin' millionaire.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 9:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ben, Monte and Blackfly, thanks for coming to my defense.

When I see that kind of tone taken, it's a good sign actually.

Thinking, rational and pragmatic people can more easily recognize folks who main intent is to distort and not address the real issue which gets lost in the argument.

However, I can do that to in a sense by thinking of cute retorts like "goebbels" and "herr" labels and other words to provoke the other side.

TT just ran out of things to say and needed to vent a bit.

In a sense his message of vitriol is a badge of honor! :;):

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 15
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 11:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 12:28 am)

In retrospect, "scumbag" is not the best word to have used, and I apologize for the imprecision of my language. What I should have said is "deranged little troll".

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TehipiteTom @ Mar. 21 2013, 11:05 am)

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 12:28 am)

In retrospect, "scumbag" is not the best word to have used, and I apologize for the imprecision of my language. What I should have said is "deranged little troll".

Nice stuff TT!

Wouldn't expect less, (or more) from you!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 17
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 12:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, on reflection, the state's dictatorship will nicely compolement New York City's martial law.

I've read the DoD has a lot of spare MRAPS and Abrams so this could all work out quite well.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 12:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Didn't DHS buy up those extra MRAPS?

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 1:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 9:46 am)
Didn't DHS buy up those extra MRAPS?

Did they get a good deal?

http://www.army.mil/article....trategy

Getting war surplus on the cheap does have a longstanding tradition: right after WWII San Diego was offered Miramar Naval Air Station for a dollar. As a not-cramped downtown airport it would have been anawesome buy. But they didn't have the imagination to grab it. To the eternal benefit of the Tom Cruise starred vehicle "Top Gun".
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 2:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't forget to report any suspicious activity to the  "Reichskommissar".
There is a severe penalty if you break the "Gesetz über die Entwaffnung der Bevölkerung" laws in NYS!

http://www.foxnews.com/politic....ArnmmTl

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 4:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 3:26 am)

When its constitutionally protected, yes.

ownership of illegal contraband is not protected by the constitution.

I realize criminals who possess such illegal contraband like to assert that their possession of illegal contraband is protected by the constitution.  the possessors of child porn and illegal drugs and illegal firearms are all the same - common criminals.

Good citizens get involved and report common criminals.
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 4:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's the whole point. When its constitutionally protected, its not contraband.

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 1:31 pm)
That's the whole point. When its constitutionally protected, its not contraband.

And when it is NOT, then it IS.

Sort of cool how that works.

:cool:
 Post Number: 24
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 4:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Map showing the County legislatures that are calling for a repeal of NY's SAFE Act:

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 4:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well thankfully that point is moot on the death of DF'S bill. But vigilance is in order. There's still plenty of trouble brewing in NJ and NY.

--------------
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 6:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's still a Senate gun control bill, just not one currently containing an assault weapons ban.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013....an.html
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 4:51 pm)
Well thankfully that point is moot on the death of DF'S bill. But vigilance is in order. There's still plenty of trouble brewing in NJ and NY.

So...if you were in a gun store to purchase something and overhead a customer say to the clerk "can I still purchase the firearm even though I'm a felon with a domestic violence conviction?" and then you heard the clerk say "the whole felony, banned-for-life thing, it’s stupid’’ and then saw the clerk sell a firearm to that customer without doing a NICS check, would you leave the store and report the crime?
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 6:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The debate begins tonight:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs....on-2012

"Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) plans to begin Thursday night the formal process of beginning the first congressional debate in more than a decade on limiting gun violence, setting up what is expected to be a heated debate for several weeks in April."

Oh and Sen. Reid tweeted he will have a vote on an assault weapons ban.

While on the amphibian front:
http://news.mongabay.com/2013....loTh.99

Twitter just has great stuff some days.
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 9:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Mar. 21 2013, 6:13 pm)

So...if you were in a gun store to purchase something and overhead a customer say to the clerk "can I still purchase the firearm even though I'm a felon with a domestic violence conviction?" and then you heard the clerk say "the whole felony, banned-for-life thing, it’s stupid’’ and then saw the clerk sell a firearm to that customer without doing a NICS check, would you leave the store and report the crime?

Of course.

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2013, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 21 2013, 9:18 pm)

(nogods @ Mar. 21 2013, 6:13 pm)

Of course.

OK.

Now here is where the issue gets sticky for lots of folks.

Instead of that happening in a gun store it happens in a parking lot.  And instead of the customer being a real customer it is an undercover LEO wearing a transmitter.  and instead of the clerk being in a store it is an individual who has been taking advantage of the recently enacted NYS SAFE act to make a large profit on a weapons prohibited under the act.

He buys the parts, assembles the weapons, then sells them to individuals in parking lot transactions.  This isn't his first time selling to an undercover LEO.  A month earlier he sold a weapon that was illegal under NYS's old law.

The undercover LEO tells him that the LEO is a felon with a domestic violence conviction.  The seller replies: "the whole felony, banned-for-life thing, it’s stupid’’ and then proceeds with the transaction.

At his arraignment the courtroom is filled with supporters, one of which gives an interview to the local news claiming that prosecuting this man infringes on everyone's 2A rights.

http://buffalonews.com/apps....0319543

I can understand the claim (albeit I think it has little chance of success) that the particular type of weapon should be protected by the 2A, and therefore arresting someone for selling such a weapon violates the 2A.

But there is no 2A right to sell weapons to felons.  Moreover, it seems irresponsible for a person to do so.  Like a bartender selling an obviously inebriated person another drink.
35 replies since Mar. 20 2013, 8:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Depth New York Will Go To Implement Dictatorship
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions