2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: House Republican committee chair, Beats the war drum< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 1:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"House Intelligence Chairman Wants Some U.S. Forces In Syria

By CQ Roll Call Staff
March 24, 2013, 1:02 p.m.
The United States should send military personnel into Syria to train and equip opposition forces and to help prevent the civil war there from destabilizing the region, House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers said Sunday.
The Michigan Republican said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that there is “mounting evidence that it is probable” the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has used “at least a small quantity” of chemical weapons against opposition forces during the past two years.

The Obama administration has said repeatedly that the use of chemical weapons or preparation for their use would warrant greater U.S. involvement in the conflict. But the administration said there is no conclusive evidence that such weapons have been used by either side....."

Because "advisors" worked do well in Vietnam?

http://www.rollcall.com/news....-1.html
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 2:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where's the mounting evidence. And we've seen all to often what happens when the camel gets his nose under the rug, ie. starting with placing troops for "non combat" missions

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 3
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 3:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can we search for WMD while we're there?  There's just gotta be some, one of these times.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 3:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hadn't thought of that, ok then, it'll be alright.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 5:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 24 2013, 11:02 am)
Where's the mounting evidence. And we've seen all to often what happens when the camel gets his nose under the rug, ie. starting with placing troops for "non combat" missions

That's probably one reason why the administration keeps pushing back, no reliable evidence.  Plus I gather they're not at all sure of who is going to rise to the top of the opposition over time.

Oh yes non-combat suffers a casualty and its off down the slope of "Force protection".
 Post Number: 6
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 6:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just one more way for the Republicans to woo minority voters, women, young people and homosexuals.

Another Republican genius preparing for the next election in 2014.

I forget, how many old, white guys are dying every day now???   ???

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 6:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess not enough.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 6:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Mar. 24 2013, 10:58 am)
"House Intelligence Chairman Wants Some U.S. Forces In Syria

By CQ Roll Call Staff
March 24, 2013, 1:02 p.m.
The United States should send military personnel into Syria to train and equip opposition forces and to help prevent the civil war there from destabilizing the region, House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers said Sunday.
The Michigan Republican said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that there is “mounting evidence that it is probable” the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has used “at least a small quantity” of chemical weapons against opposition forces during the past two years.

The Obama administration has said repeatedly that the use of chemical weapons or preparation for their use would warrant greater U.S. involvement in the conflict. But the administration said there is no conclusive evidence that such weapons have been used by either side....."

Because "advisors" worked do well in Vietnam?

http://www.rollcall.com/news....-1.html

And who's paying for this?  In the name of GOP fiscal responsibility -- I say we increase capital gains tax and reinstate estate tax for the rich!  And I expect every senator who has a son or daughter between the ages of 18 and 45 to volunteer at least one of them for this effort.

Bet this will shut every damn one of these Republicans up!!!  :angry:

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 9
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 6:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bet this will shut every damn one of these Republicans up!!!

Sadly I think that you are wrong.  There is no limit to what they will do to maintain military contractors in their districts, and you are only requiring the sacrifice of one child.  

There is usually one loser they don't like anyway, or in a pinch, they could adopt a homeless person to serve. :ghostface:

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 10
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2013, 6:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Mar. 24 2013, 3:27 pm)
There is no limit to what they will do to maintain military contractors in their districts...

These folks (and not just the Republicans either) have been operating for way too long without facing any consequences.  I truly hope they will be tried and locked up one day -- starting from the top!

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 11
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 7:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One more year and then it will be a hard sale for the GOP to demand a high expenditure on the US war machine.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 12
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 9:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Let's make the government smaller, ... except when it comes to taking on the Syrians, Iranians, mainland China, and the Soviets..., er, make that Russia.  Then we can double or triple the federal budget!!!!

What did the natives say - white man speak with forked tongue?

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
11 replies since Mar. 24 2013, 1:58 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply House Republican committee chair
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions