2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Rhetoric and provocation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 10:21 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does N. Korea even have rockets enough to target all those US cities and the necessary delivery systems. Anyway, sounds like two tough guys squaring off after school.

North Korea put rockets aimed at the United States on standby after a pair of B-2 bombers from Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri participated in military exercises in South Korea, Fox News reports.
Two stealth bombers from Whiteman flew more than 6,500 miles to drop dummy bombs as part of military exercises. The bombers’ true mission was to remind North Korean leaders what could happen if they follow through on threats of an attack on South Korea.
But North Korean leaders responded by ordering rockets aimed at U.S. targets on standby and showing on state-run media a target list including Hawaii, Washington, Los Angeles and Austin, Texas, the report says.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansasc....rn.html

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The drums of war, beating again. :(

No, I don't think that NK has the capability to launch any kind of serious offensive against the US. It's a bunch of hot air. But that in itself wouldn't stop a war from starting, with egregious consequences.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 11:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And those drums are having good effect on Monte.  How many NK threads has he started already?  :D

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 11:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But at least Cupertino is probably to be spared.

Gotta love those iMacs!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs....hpid=z1
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 11:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He looks really involved there doesn't he. I think he likes his job.

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 12:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Look at those officers.  Not even a laptop.  Just good ol' pen and notepad -- and a map on the wall.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 7
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 12:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A very good sign that North Korea is bluffing about war - The Washington Post

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 29 2013, 11:36 am)
And those drums are having good effect on Monte.  How many NK threads has he started already?  :D

And if it becomes apparent that war with Korea is a realistic agenda, you'll see more of it.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 2:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Mar. 29 2013, 11:11 am)

And if it becomes apparent that war with Korea is a realistic agenda, you'll see more of it.

In other words, it ain't terribly realistic.

I posted on your other thread about NK -- how Chinese and Japanese media aren't putting the LOUD banners like our own.  No response from you?

EDIT:  Just noticed you did post!  Never mind...   :D

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2013, 3:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 29 2013, 2:14 pm)

(Montecresto @ Mar. 29 2013, 11:11 am)

In other words, it ain't terribly realistic.

I posted on your other thread about NK -- how Chinese and Japanese media aren't putting the LOUD banners like our own.  No response from you?

EDIT:  Just noticed you did post!  Never mind...   :D

Oh no, I hear ya man. I'm not concerned about North Korea. I was never concerned about Saddam Hussein, either. Someday we should assemble the figures documenting the number of people employed in the MIC. If America would one day do the right thing and become pacific in nature and dispense with the self appointed policeman of the world, our unemployment might jump to 15% or higher yet. The MIC is too BIG to fail. War and conflict feeds that Frankenstein monster Eisenhower warned us of.

--------------
9 replies since Mar. 29 2013, 10:21 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Rhetoric and provocation
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions