2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Colorado getting stupider< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
OverUnder Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 9:35 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So now the idiots in the Colorado Govment want to give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.  I can now say that I am embarrassed to say that I live in Colorado.  For all of you who do I would suggest getting your passport issued or renewed since the CO drivers license will no longer be a valid form of ID at places like the airport.  Hopefully this will not make it that far but I’m sure they will keep jamming it through until it does.  I didn’t vote for any of these idiots and I will vote against them any chance I get.  I will also vote against any type of tax increase that comes on the ballot since they would prefer to give preferential treatment to lawbreakers.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 9:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's happened on the east coast and will be the norm before its over. Understand that globalists see boarders, sovereignty and autonomy as impediments. It takes a global village you know.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 3
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's a proposed law that hasn't been introduced yet.  As a result, you could either

(a) whine about it on an internet message board and fill a hankie with tears, or
(b) personally contact the legislators in your district and inform them that you don't want to see that law passed, and that they should vote against it.

Do whatever floats your boat.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Count me as one of the people who think it is better to test and license all drivers, legal or not, than to have an entire group of undocumented workers with no license, but driving any way.  If you want them to be insured, they need a dr license.  Denying a dr lic is not going to be the final straw that makes them all go home.  

I do not know why you think the dr lic would no longer be accepted as a form of ID, at the airport or otherwise.  It would still be a gov't issued ID.

Your writing style, lack of spelling and good grammar, tells me you could benefit from a few more years of schooling.  Maybe your time would be better spent improving yourself before you go about complaining about others who are trying to improve their own lives.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 5
OverUnder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Representatives will be contacted again.  The spelling and grammar errors are intentional to reflect my opinion about the stupidity of the current admin.  A New Mexico resident I know has indicated that she has trouble at the airport with her DL because there is no way to verify identity since illegal’s are given a pass on providing proper documentation to obtain said DL.  Take it for what its worth.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(OverUnder @ Apr. 02 2013, 8:27 am)
The spelling and grammar errors are intentional to reflect my opinion about the stupidity of the current admin.

Yes, of course they are.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 7
bill g Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montecresto @ Apr. 02 2013, 9:55 am)
Understand that globalists see boarders, ... as impediments.

I agree they are always sitting in the middle of the ski slopes. But what does that have to do with driver's licenses?

--------------
you don't know what you got till it's gone
 Post Number: 8
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

MD has either already passed this or will soon.  I don't support the measure as I believe it will encourage immigration to MD, but after we passed the "Dream Act" last year I think this was a foregone conclusion.

As to the issue of flying, the license is not valid as an ID for Federal purposes so I doubt it would satisfy the TSA.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-03....-senate

--------------
You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
 Post Number: 9
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bill g @ Apr. 02 2013, 10:47 am)

(Montecresto @ Apr. 02 2013, 9:55 am)
Understand that globalists see boarders, ... as impediments.

I agree they are always sitting in the middle of the ski slopes. But what does that have to do with driver's licenses?

Globalisation.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 10
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 11:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is the first I have read of a second tier dr lic.  I find it odd that 2 yrs of tax returns are required, as any citizen is expected to change their dr lic within 30 days of residency in a new state.  2 yrs seems like too long of a time.

What other forms of ID do we require of a new dr lic applicant?  A birth cert, something that shows an address, like a utility bill, and...?  Seems like we are establishing one set of rules for 1 class of citizens, and a different set for another class altogether.  This is not a just and fair policy, in my mind.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 11
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 11:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

[TNB] borders are only in your mind [/TNB]

:D

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ron. @ Apr. 02 2013, 9:06 am)
[TNB] borders are only in your mind [/TNB]

:D

:laugh:

If you say his name enough times aloud he's likely to reincarnate to haunt us all, y'know.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 13
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 11:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tennessee passed a similar law in 2001, and then repealed it in 2008. As an average citizen, I noticed no difference before, during or after.
Can you get insurance without a DL?
 Post Number: 14
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 12:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Apr. 02 2013, 7:36 am)

(OverUnder @ Apr. 02 2013, 8:27 am)
The spelling and grammar errors are intentional to reflect my opinion about the stupidity of the current admin.

Yes, of course they are.

How could they not?

:cool:
 Post Number: 15
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ Apr. 02 2013, 8:57 am)
Tennessee passed a similar law in 2001, and then repealed it in 2008. As an average citizen, I noticed no difference before, during or after.

A lot of states insure automobiles not individual drivers so a car could be covered in those states I expect, though a person driving without a license would probably void the coverage.
 Post Number: 16
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was rear ended by someone who was in the country illegally. He was driving a car that was owned by an insured relative.

My insurance ended up covering all the related repairs and costs.

The costs of uninsured drivers are already built into the prices we pay for our insurance.

If folks here illegally were to all get DL's and insurance I doubt our premiums would go down, I suspect Insurance Co profits would go up though!

Please excuse my cynicism :)

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 17
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 12:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 02 2013, 11:01 am)
This is the first I have read of a second tier dr lic.  I find it odd that 2 yrs of tax returns are required, as any citizen is expected to change their dr lic within 30 days of residency in a new state.  2 yrs seems like too long of a time.

What other forms of ID do we require of a new dr lic applicant?  A birth cert, something that shows an address, like a utility bill, and...?  Seems like we are establishing one set of rules for 1 class of citizens, and a different set for another class altogether.  This is not a just and fair policy, in my mind.  

And we need to be fair to criminals :laugh:

They are another class of people....people that are here illegally

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 18
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 1:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 02 2013, 12:56 pm)

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 02 2013, 11:01 am)

And we need to be fair to criminals :laugh:

They are another class of people....people that are here illegally

Well BillBab - I guess we can't ALL be descendants of the Native Americans like you are.   :laugh:

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 19
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well what a good way to find and track all the illegals than to give them a license and put a chip in their head?
 Post Number: 20
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2013, 11:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(OverUnder @ Apr. 02 2013, 9:35 am)
So now the idiots in the Colorado Govment want to give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.

Didn't you get the word?  Those unpapered people crossing our borders without permission do not like the term "illegal immigrants".  In fact, the Associated Press stated that is has renounced use of that demeaning phrase since it does nothing but promote xenophobia and racism.

The proper term is now "undocumented democrats".

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 21
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 12:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I suggest that you sort out the difference between making it harder for illegals to be in the country, and legal citizens driving without paying higher insurance rates to cover uninsured drivers. Like it or not, the two are related, and your only solution is to say they shouldn't be here.

If you are worried about documenting who owns guns, just think how useful documenting drivers could be.

Or you could be one of those people that just complains that everything that government does is wrong.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 22
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 7:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Apr. 02 2013, 11:25 am)

(cgaphiker @ Apr. 02 2013, 8:57 am)

A lot of states insure automobiles not individual drivers so a car could be covered in those states I expect, though a person driving without a license would probably void the coverage.

You are correct, sir.

The insurance company insures the automobile to keep it (the collateral on the car loan) cash worthy for the bank in case they need to repo it if the loan is not paid.

And to protect that investment, the insurance company determines who may drive said vehicle by researching the persons driving record. No DL, no driving record, no driving the car.

--------------
 Post Number: 23
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 5:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Obama is using the Colorado legislative courage as an example and a motivator for the nation.  Glad to see that Colorado has some local politicians who can stand up to the NRA bullying.

"Every day that we wait to do something about it, even more of our fellow citizens are stolen from our lives by a bullet from a gun," he said. "Colorado has already chosen to do something about it."

Colorado suffered from the 1999 Columbine shooting as well as the 2012 Aurora shooting, Mr. Obama noted, but the state also highly values Second Amendment rights.

"There's a strong tradition of gun ownership handed down from generation to generation, and it's part of the fabric of people's lives," he said. "I'm here because I believe there doesn't have to be a conflict in reconciling these realities... between protecting our citizens and protecting our Second Amendment rights."

Last month, Gov. John Hickenlooper, D-Colo., signed into law bills mandating background checks on gun purchases and banning high-capacity magazines of 15 rounds or more. As early as next week, the U.S. Senate will consider implementing similar legislation nationwide.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-25....ossible

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
22 replies since Apr. 02 2013, 9:35 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Colorado getting stupider
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions