2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Idaho biology teacher under investigation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2013, 4:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://magicvalley.com/news....ef.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013....10.html

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2013, 5:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sex education in 10th grade?  Seems a little late to me, actually.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2013, 6:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, at least six grades too late, and probably 10 grades too late!

We started getting age appropriate sex ed books for our kids at 4 and 5 years old.  

But then they were around puppies, kittens and calves being born every year too, plus a breeding program for registered Angus cattle.  

Not exactly a mystery to them, but still needed the human elements clearly explained.

Guess, what??  Neither one has ever been involved in any way with an unwanted pregnancy!  Go figure.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 4
Panhandler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2013, 6:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I be a bettin' a whole passel of them 16 yr olds done and went and got some of their own sexy edjatation.
 Post Number: 5
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 7:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was required way back when I was in 7th grade (although my folks had already been through it) You know... right about the the time most of us were hitting puberty and (supposedly) wondering "what's making me feel this way?".

10th is a little late in the game.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 6
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mine was in HS....not certain what year....it was part of the health class ciriculum

But back then it was considered supplementary to the education you would receive from your parents

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 7
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 10:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I remember in 5th grade (mid-60's) being told by the teacher that we were going to be involved in a experimental sex-education class. Such classes weren't mainstream yet in US public schools. I was going to an elementary school for U.S Army dependants in Hawaii. I still have a few vague memories of films and drawings. It was a segregated class. Boys had theirs and girls had theirs. We weren't allow to talk about what we learned with the other group.

Did it do any good? I don't know. But, I remember thinking how bizzare the whole lesson was. I think it was only a couple of lessons over a couple of days.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 8
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 10:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently in Idaho, reproduction is not part of the biological process.  Wonder how they do it there?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 9
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 5:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Apr. 04 2013, 8:51 am)
Apparently in Idaho, reproduction is not part of the biological process.  Wonder how they do it there?

Sheep?

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 10
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 5:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yah, they like the sheep in Idaho, but only the white ones.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 11
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 11:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Apr. 04 2013, 5:33 pm)
Yah, they like the sheep in Idaho, but only the white ones.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 12
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 06 2013, 7:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Graduated high school in 1959 in north east Texas.

No sex-ed at anytime during my school career.  

Learned it the old fashioned way, at the Trail drive-in. Real bad way to learn.  No questions, please.

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
11 replies since Apr. 03 2013, 4:58 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Idaho biology teacher under investigation
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions