2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Ignorance is the key< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:38 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am starting to understand the anti gun crowd

They are working out of ignorance

Michelle Obama said Hadiya was shot with an automatic weapon.....(actually believed by police to be a revolver)

Diana Degette does not know how magazines work

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot....06

And now President Obama thinks Lanza had a machine gun

"  I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly. "

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pre....isco-ca

These people are not smart enough to undertand the basic fundamentals of the products they want to ban

There needs to be some IQ testing for public office

Or maybe  for voters....sadly

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well with beauty in the eye of the beholder they can tell the ugly ones.

And that's what they go after right?

They know it when they see it.
 Post Number: 3
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know dude, I just heard Diana saying this. Really, that blatantly ignorant and will be taken serious by the gun nuts, gun grabbers. Truly dangerous stuff.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 4
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, Billbab does have a point there.  There is a lot of ignorance (mostly willful) in our nation today!  A pity that Billbab is seeing only half of it!   :;):

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 5
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

IMHO it detracts from the seriousness of the challenge of violence in America.

Get the damn facts straight!

Not all that different to "Death Panels" and "Pulling the Plug on Grandma".

In quick paced conversation I've heard people interchange semi-automatic and "automatic" when they clearly were just being casual about a semi-automatic loading handgun (though it grates on MY ears..). But "fully automatic" is not a shorthand for a semi-automatic in any way shape or form.... let alone when people (as they all too often inevitably do) throw in "machine gun".
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And don't think that the anti-gunners don't prey on that ignorance. It is the basis for the term "military style"

I even heard a radio personality saying that the rogue cop in California had a .50 caliber machine gun.

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 7
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 3:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Apr. 04 2013, 12:52 pm)
"Pulling the Plug on Grandma".

It's how our society debates this day and age.

Recall back in 2001 when Kuwait desperately needed us on their side.  They didn't bother us with facts about how Kuwait never really belonged to Iraq.  They just got a teenage girl (the ambassador's own daughter) -- crying about Iraqi soldiers tossing babies out of incubators and eating zoo animals.

That worked.  Sad...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 8
TehipiteTom Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 4:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the most vociferous gun fetishists on this board--virtually a single-issue poster--has a bunch of bogus pro-gun quotes (which he could have figured out were bogus in 30 seconds of The Google) in his sig line, until he was mocked for his ignorance. At which point he replaced them with...another set of bogus pro-gun quotes.

There's a person who's clearly "working out of ignorance".

--------------
Conservatives are the whiniest whiners in the wholy whiny history of whiny-ass whinerdom.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2013, 4:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 04 2013, 3:54 pm)
And don't think that the anti-gunners don't prey on that ignorance. It is the basis for the term "military style"

I even heard a radio personality saying that the rogue cop in California had a .50 caliber machine gun.

I doubt very seriously that Diana was making a grammatical slip as is being offered up to dismiss the fact that she clearly doesn't know what a magazine is.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 10
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 11:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 04 2013, 3:38 pm)

I'm probably a typical "anti gun" person and I fully admit to being ignorant about firearms.  But if we're "working out of ignorance", then the pro gun crowd is working out of stupidity.

I firmly believe that when events like the Aurora shootings and Sandy Hook happened, had the NRA taken on a leadership position in addressing the concerns that we, as a nation, have regarding gun violence, we -- both "pro" and "anti" gun crowds alike -- would have listened and followed.  But the NRA failed and failed miserably, imo.  

Instead of acting like the experts with the appropriate knowledge who could recommend practical measures and policies that the entire nation could support, they insisted on extreme positions that even gun owners could barely identify with.

So, where's the leadership?  Where's the reasonable knowledgeable "pro-gun" leadership?  Do gun owners really expect the entire nation to support a policy that puts *more* guns in our schools, in the hands of teachers?  Do you think you're really going to convince us that the only answer is for everyone to go out and buy a gun?  REALLY??

If we're working out of ignorance, it's simply because there's a lack of any real leadership among those with knowledge.  The pro-gun crowd had the perfect opportunity, imo, to lead the discussion.  But if you thought that screaming about how President Obama is turning into a dictator and taking over the country constitutes intelligent leadership then your stupidity is greater than our ignorance.

JMO.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 11
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This thread title should be the Bab's personal motto.
 Post Number: 12
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 10:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He does use the word in nearly every post.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TigerFan @ Apr. 05 2013, 11:07 am)

I'm probably a typical "anti gun" person and I fully admit to being ignorant about firearms.  But if we're "working out of ignorance", then the pro gun crowd is working out of stupidity.

I firmly believe that when events like the Aurora shootings and Sandy Hook happened, had the NRA taken on a leadership position in addressing the concerns that we, as a nation, have regarding gun violence, we -- both "pro" and "anti" gun crowds alike -- would have listened and followed.  But the NRA failed and failed miserably, imo.  

Instead of acting like the experts with the appropriate knowledge who could recommend practical measures and policies that the entire nation could support, they insisted on extreme positions that even gun owners could barely identify with.

So, where's the leadership?  Where's the reasonable knowledgeable "pro-gun" leadership?  Do gun owners really expect the entire nation to support a policy that puts *more* guns in our schools, in the hands of teachers?  Do you think you're really going to convince us that the only answer is for everyone to go out and buy a gun?  REALLY??

If we're working out of ignorance, it's simply because there's a lack of any real leadership among those with knowledge.  The pro-gun crowd had the perfect opportunity, imo, to lead the discussion.  But if you thought that screaming about how President Obama is turning into a dictator and taking over the country constitutes intelligent leadership then your stupidity is greater than our ignorance.

JMO.

The simplest way for me to explain this to you is this.

If a psycho killer shows up to kill people who are you going to call?

The people with guns....the police, etc

So their guns are "safe" but all other guns are somehow "dangerous"

Spend some time on that :)

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 14
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 11:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 05 2013, 10:48 pm)

(TigerFan @ Apr. 05 2013, 11:07 am)

JMO.

It's kinda funny that you think you have just presented some deep, thought provoking question rather than a talking point that falls apart in a slight breeze.

Rule of law - spend some time on that director of rocket science.
 Post Number: 15
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 06 2013, 8:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 05 2013, 10:48 pm)

Yes, we're all very familiar with the "guns good, people bad, so not our problem" stand that the gun crowd has taken.  So, what do you expect when you deny any responsibility?  Somebody is going to step up to the plate to provide the leadership to address the problem.  But, of course, you want to whine about that, too.

And as to your oh-so-enlightening thought [rolling eyes]... we also allow law enforcement to run red lights, disregard speed limits, arrest and hold people, as well as operate firearms.  These actions differ from what civilians are allowed to do but they're still governed by a body of regulations.  I'm sure it's my "ignorance" but whatever your little lesson is meant to prove, it's not doing it for me.  Sorry.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 06 2013, 8:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice clip of mayor Bloomberg showing his ignorance as well

http://hotair.com/archive....te-them

--------------

Thomas Sowell
15 replies since Apr. 04 2013, 3:38 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Ignorance is the key
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions