2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Living in Republican Counties is Killing Women!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 4:22 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, amazing how the red counties that have increasing mortality rates for women are the same red counties voting for Republicans in 2012!

No wonder women are voting for Democrats in such large numbers.  heh

This map, via health researcher Bill Gardner, shows the change in mortality rate for females in each county in the United States between 1992 and 2006. In 43 percent of counties — all those in red — mortality rates are rising:

“Although we are accustomed to seeing varying rates of mortality reduction in states and nations,” Kindig and Cheng write, “it is striking and discouraging to find female mortality rates on the rise in 42.8 percent of US counties, despite increasing medical care expenditures and public health efforts.”

“Female mortality rates were not predicted by any of the medical care factors,” they write.

What could predict worsening mortality rates, however, were socioeconomic factors.

“Many people believe that medical care and individual behaviors such as exercise, diet, and smoking are the primary reasons for declines in health,” the authors write. “We did find significant associations between mortality rates and some of these factors, such as smoking rates for both sexes. But socioeconomic factors such as the percentage of a county’s population with a college education and the rate of children living in poverty had equally strong or stronger relationships to fluctuations in mortality rates.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs....rifying

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 11:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not too surprising that posters here are uninterested in the fact that mortality rates for American women are increasing in 42% of the nations counties.

Mostly women are uniterested in gun related issues and tend to hang with guys who don't need that artificial extension for their johnsons.  LOL

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 3
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 7:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Actually women do care.

A simple fact that Mitt fairly could not understand and then wondered why he lost.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 9:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is the rate exceeding 100% now???

How could it possibly go higher

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 5
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Apr. 09 2013, 11:33 pm)
Not too surprising that posters here are uninterested in the fact that mortality rates for American women are increasing in 42% of the nations counties.

Mostly women are uniterested in gun related issues and tend to hang with guys who don't need that artificial extension for their johnsons.  LOL

The second amendment is a "right" not a privilege which extends to everyone. If you choose not to exercise yours that's fine. But your constant attacks and ridiculing of those who do appreciate their rights, is just un American.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 6
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 10:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What I want to explore is the mortality rate for "whippersnappers"

You never hear anyone refer to an "old whippersnapper"

What is happeneing

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 6:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, I can give you a personal anecdote, don't know what it will be worth, but here it is.

In my case I went directly from "young whippersnapper" to "old curmudgeon",  and I didn't even know it, but people around me seemed to pick up on it right away.

Kinda like how butterflys just show up one day, ya know??

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 8
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Apr. 10 2013, 5:09 pm)
Well, I can give you a personal anecdote, don't know what it will be worth, but here it is.

In my case I went directly from "young whippersnapper" to "old curmudgeon",  and I didn't even know it, but people around me seemed to pick up on it right away.

Kinda like how butterflys just show up one day, ya know??

Easy there......its us young folks who will decide where you older folks will live when you get.....well....older.

LoLz

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2013, 1:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Actually, I have been thinking about starting a new religion, and just living forever.

Maybe start a trend, neh??

All those things that keep popping up as the "leading cause of death" for Americans don't sound very attractive to  me, so just skip that part and go directly to life everlasting.

The true American dream!!   :p

--------------

- John Kenneth Galbraith
8 replies since Apr. 09 2013, 4:22 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Living in Republican Counties is Killing Women!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions