2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hows that weapons free zone working for ya?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 7:30 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Once again, the forced Victimhood Advocates, with their fantasy of “weapons free zones” have the blood of no less then 14 innocent people on their hands. People that have been forced to be utterly defenseless against an unpredictable and utterly random violent attack, carried out by someone that clearly cared not one bit about how many laws he was breaking, because of the myopic policies of Anti Gun Groups and Politicians."

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2013....0ntIX13

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Still beating that dead horse?

Criminals go to where their intended victims happen to be, like diner where four on duty uniformed armed police officers are eating breakfast, or a plaza where guns are allowed  where the intended victim is having a meet and greet, or a police station, or a courthouse with armed guards, or a armored car with armed guards.

The claim that gun free zones attract criminals would be laughable if it wasn't so ignorant.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:06 pm)

Criminals go to where their intended victims happen to be, like diner where four on duty uniformed armed police officers are eating breakfast, or a plaza where guns are allowed  where the intended victim is having a meet and greet, or a police station, or a courthouse with armed guards, or a armored car with armed guards.

The claim that gun free zones attract criminals would be laughable if it wasn't so ignorant.

Hmmm, Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Virgina Tech,Oikos University, Northern Illinois University, Hartford Distributors plant in Manchester, Conn,  Lone Star College, Sikh temple shooting: Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Stockton massacre, Henry Foss High School - Tacoma, Washington; OK, I'm getting tired and haven't even hit my stride yet kicking the crap out of your ignorant statement! I could go on and on and on but I think you get the idea!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 4
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The vast majority of those 14 victims will survive, unlike the many victims of gun violence.  That is what it means to me, survivors.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:32 pm)
The vast majority of those 14 victims will survive, unlike the many victims of gun violence.  That is what it means to me, survivors.  

"Latest word is 14 victims have been stabbed, at least four of which have been airlifted to local hospitals by Med Evac Helicopter, which only occurs when the injuries are immediately life threatening, while others have been transported to the hospital by ambulance and at least two others reportedly refused treatment on the scene."

That's a rude, thoughtless ignorant statement about the people that will suffer from physical, emotional and mental anguish potentially for the rest of their lives.

Check yourself for a pulse hater! :angry:

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:23 pm)

Hmmm, Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Virgina Tech,Oikos University, Northern Illinois University, Hartford Distributors plant in Manchester, Conn,  Lone Star College, Sikh temple shooting: Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Stockton massacre, Henry Foss High School - Tacoma, Washington; OK, I'm getting tired and haven't even hit my stride yet kicking the crap out of your ignorant statement! I could go on and on and on but I think you get the idea!

And that shows your ignorance.  Those incidents are indistinguishable from the incidents in non-gun free zones. There is no evidence that the criminals chose the location rather than the victims.

A theory has to account for all observed outcomes.  The gun free zone fails first because there is no evidence to support the claim that the criminals chose a gun free zone rather than chose their victims, and second, it can't explain away all the incidents in non-gun free zones.

Research science and reasoning are't your strong points.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:38 pm)

And that shows your ignorance.  Those incidents are indistinguishable from the incidents in non-gun free zones. There is no evidence that the criminals chose the location rather than the victims.

A theory has to account for all observed outcomes.  The gun free zone fails first because there is no evidence to support the claim that the criminals chose a gun free zone rather than chose their victims, and second, it can't explain away all the incidents in non-gun free zones.

Hey ya go, chew on this hot shot;

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2969408/posts

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion....theater

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews....hooters

Belching out crap and voodoo seem to be your strong points!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 8
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 9:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 09 2013, 6:38 pm)
while others have been transported to the hospital by ambulance and at least two others reportedly refused treatment on the scene."
[/i]

That's a rude, thoughtless ignorant statement about the people that will suffer from physical, emotional and mental anguish potentially for the rest of their lives.

So, since you don't like survivors, I will assume you would have rather they all died in a withering blaze of gunfire.  

Only 4 with life threatening injuries, among 14 injured.  Some of the others refused treatment at the scene.  Seems like the toll isn't high enough for you.

--------------

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 10:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:50 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 09 2013, 6:38 pm)
while others have been transported to the hospital by ambulance and at least two others reportedly refused treatment on the scene."
[/i]

So, since you don't like survivors, I will assume you would have rather they all died in a withering blaze of gunfire.  

Only 4 with life threatening injuries, among 14 injured.  Some of the others refused treatment at the scene.  Seems like the toll isn't high enough for you.

What kind of stupid nonsense are you trying to put across?

Go talk to the wall with that idiotic statement.

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 10
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 10:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What else am I to infer, based on your dislike of my first post?  I would much prefer a knife attack to a gun wielding crazy.  It makes it easier to get out of reach.

You, on the other hand, took this calamity to make some idiotic comment about weapons free zones.  Since you are unhappy with such places, I am left to assume you would rather have dead victims.  Some of those dead may have been friendly fire, from all of the civilians armed with uzis, doing their darned best to take out the assailant.  

--------------

Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013, 10:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 09 2013, 10:11 pm)
What else am I to infer, based on your dislike of my first post?  I would much prefer a knife attack to a gun wielding crazy.  It makes it easier to get out of reach.

You, on the other hand, took this calamity to make some idiotic comment about weapons free zones.  Since you are unhappy with such places, I am left to assume you would rather have dead victims.  Some of those dead may have been friendly fire, from all of the civilians armed with uzis, doing their darned best to take out the assailant.  

Man, where do get your lunatic thought process from?

Your leaps and non sequiturs are dizzying!

What are you on?

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 12
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 6:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

but the fact is no local restriction can be effective when a straw purchaser can go across the border to a gun show in northwest Indiana and turn a profit selling guns to gangbangers.

So how does an extensive, universal BGC prevent an otherwise lawful purchaser from still doing that?

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 13
BillBab Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 7:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 09 2013, 10:11 pm)

Cilvillians with uzi's???

You are slipping further and further into your fantasy world :laugh:

Always slipping into the absurd undermines whatever point you are trying to make

Knives can produce devastating wounds...google "tueller drill" for a primer on gun vs. knife...although I doubt your ignorance is accidental :p

As for gun free zones.....they make as much sense as drug free zones...in short...they make stupid people feel better

One thing about mass murderers is that by and large they are planners

To imagine they do not consider the likelyhood of armed resistance is silly

Yes, there are random idiots that try to shoot up a doughnut shop but most are not dumb enough to try to shoot up police stations

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 14
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 7:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Apr. 10 2013, 5:47 am)
but the fact is no local restriction can be effective when a straw purchaser can go across the border to a gun show in northwest Indiana and turn a profit selling guns to gangbangers.

So how does an extensive, universal BGC prevent an otherwise lawful purchaser from still doing that?

That is why the National Gun Registry MUST be part of the Universal Background Check! The UBC simply will not work as you pointed out without the gun registry.

The National Gun Registry will link the straw purchaser with the purchased gun. Then if someone else is caught with that gun it is evident that the gun has been illegally transferred.

The National Gun Registry does not need to be actually written into the new legislation since the Executive Branch of government is charged with enforcing legislation. It will be created as a part of enforcement though.

As I pointed out in earlier threads, the UBC is very powerful legislation. The computer databases and government infrastructure created will save thousands of lives.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 8:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:46 pm)

All pure bull and unsupported speculation.  Not one of the cited articles provides any evidence to support your assertion.  Just more BS spewing from people incapable of using logic and reasoning.

One could take every example of an incident where the shooter went to a place where he knew there would be armed citizens or leo's or guards, and then jump to the illogical conclusion that all shooters purposefully pick places where there will be armed opposition.

Citing to opinions of other idiots doesn't elevate the idiocy of your assertions.
 Post Number: 16
Land Rover Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 8:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not sure how anyone can possibly be dumb enough to think that a knife attack in which, hopefully, no one died, can be used to support a pro-gun agenda.

Just how warped do you have to be to buy that?
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 8:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 10 2013, 8:08 am)

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 09 2013, 9:46 pm)

All pure bull and unsupported speculation.  Not one of the cited articles provides any evidence to support your assertion.  Just more BS spewing from people incapable of using logic and reasoning.

One could take every example of an incident where the shooter went to a place where he knew there would be armed citizens or leo's or guards, and then jump to the illogical conclusion that all shooters purposefully pick places where there will be armed opposition.

Citing to opinions of other idiots doesn't elevate the idiocy of your assertions.

OK, I see what it takes for you to understand logic and facts; NOTHING!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 18
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013, 8:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Remember, Bass supports a total gun ban. So whatever he says about UBC'S and gun registration, is with confiscation in mind as an end.

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 5:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is an interesting data point

http://abcnews.go.com/US....8926750

"A gunman who lured firefighters to his home with an emergency call, then held four of them hostage for hours, planned the kidnapping for weeks, targeting them so he wouldn't be shot, authorities said Thursday"

Because firefighters are not armed.....notice he did not call the cops

--------------
"Asking liberals where wages and prices come from is like asking six-year-olds where babies come from."

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 8:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 12 2013, 5:57 am)

"A gunman who lured firefighters to his home with an emergency call, then held four of them hostage for hours, planned the kidnapping for weeks, targeting them so he wouldn't be shot, authorities said Thursday"

The Lakewood police officer shooting took place on Sunday, November 29, 2009, when four Lakewood, Washington police officers were murdered at a coffee shop in the Parkland unincorporated area of Pierce County, Washington.

One gunman, later identified as Maurice Clemmons, entered the coffee shop, fired at the officers as they sat working on their laptop computers preparing for their shifts, and then fled the scene.

The shooting is believed to have been a targeted attack against police officers, and came less than a month after a Seattle police officer was murdered and his trainee injured under similar circumstances nearly 40 miles (64 km) to the north.

Another shooting involving Pierce County sheriff's deputies occurred three weeks after in Eatonville, on December 21, when two deputies were shot and critically injured (one later died from his injuries) by a man, who was then shot dead.

It is believed to be the most deadly attack on law enforcement in the state of Washington, and the deadliest attack on law enforcement in the United States since the March 21, 2009 shootings that left four Oakland, California police officers dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....hooting

Because cops have guns.  Notice the killers didn't target firefighters.
 Post Number: 21
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 10:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As far as I can tell, nogods is simply pointing out:  "The plural of anecdote is not data."

Something that many people don't seem to realize.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 10:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 12 2013, 8:00 am)

(BillBab @ Apr. 12 2013, 5:57 am)

The Lakewood police officer shooting took place on Sunday, November 29, 2009, when four Lakewood, Washington police officers were murdered at a coffee shop in the Parkland unincorporated area of Pierce County, Washington.

One gunman, later identified as Maurice Clemmons, entered the coffee shop, fired at the officers as they sat working on their laptop computers preparing for their shifts, and then fled the scene.

The shooting is believed to have been a targeted attack against police officers, and came less than a month after a Seattle police officer was murdered and his trainee injured under similar circumstances nearly 40 miles (64 km) to the north.

Another shooting involving Pierce County sheriff's deputies occurred three weeks after in Eatonville, on December 21, when two deputies were shot and critically injured (one later died from his injuries) by a man, who was then shot dead.

It is believed to be the most deadly attack on law enforcement in the state of Washington, and the deadliest attack on law enforcement in the United States since the March 21, 2009 shootings that left four Oakland, California police officers dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....hooting

Because cops have guns.  Notice the killers didn't target firefighters.

Yes, but their GOAL was to shoot at the police , who were obviously armed

It was not a contigency

If they were hoping to shoot a bunch of folks before the police arrived they would probably have avoided that location at that time

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 12:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BillBab @ Apr. 12 2013, 10:44 am)
Yes, but their GOAL was to shoot at the police , who were obviously armed

It was not a contigency

If they were hoping to shoot a bunch of folks before the police arrived they would probably have avoided that location at that time

Yes, but the other guy's goal was to shootat firefighters, regardless of whether or not they were armed.  If they were armed he still would have done the same thing because he wanted fireman.

Criminals focus on their victims.  They go where their victims are located regardless of whether or not someone at the location may be armed.  The plaza in which Rep Richards and others was shot was not a gun free zone.  In fact an armed citizen drew his weapon while the shooter was being subdued by others.

When someone wants to shoot up a school they go to a school whether or not there are armed guards.  We simply don't have any evidence that allows us to conclude that mass shooters were picking location by absence of firearms.

That doesn't mean we should have gun free zones.  I think  a qualified citizen should be allowed to carry a weapon wherever they go.  If they have been vetted before getting a concealed carry permit, then letting them carry in walmart but not on school grounds makes no sense.  But I believe concealed carry is for personal protection, not to play sheriff.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 12:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 12 2013, 12:34 pm)
Criminals focus on their victims.  They go where their victims are located regardless of whether or not someone at the location may be armed.  

Really?

"What do felons think about an armed citizenry? A survey of convicted felons by the National Institute of Justice found 74 percent of the felons agreed that, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are home is that they fear being shot during the crime." The survey also asked these felons whether they had abandoned at least one crime because they feared the intended victim might be armed. Thirty-nine percent said they abandoned at least one crime; 8 percent had abandoned such a crime "many" times; 34 percent admitted being "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"; and nearly 70 percent knew a "colleague" who had abandoned a crime, been scared off, been shot at, wounded or captured by a victim packing heat."

http://www.creators.com/opinion....gs.html

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 1:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 12 2013, 12:47 pm)

Criminals focus on their victims.  They go where their victims are located regardless of whether or not someone at the location may be armed.  

Really?

"What do felons think about an armed citizenry? A survey of convicted felons by the National Institute of Justice found 74 percent of the felons agreed that, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are home is that they fear being shot during the crime." The survey also asked these felons whether they had abandoned at least one crime because they feared the intended victim might be armed. Thirty-nine percent said they abandoned at least one crime; 8 percent had abandoned such a crime "many" times; 34 percent admitted being "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"; and nearly 70 percent knew a "colleague" who had abandoned a crime, been scared off, been shot at, wounded or captured by a victim packing heat."

http://www.creators.com/opinion....gs.html

lol...that's funny...given the outcry of gun owners whose names were published from public records because they were afraid criminals would use the information to target their homes for burglaries to steal their guns.

HOUSE IDENTIFIED ON NY PAPER’S ‘GUN MAP’ BURGLARIZED — AND THE ROBBERS WENT STRAIGHT FOR THE GUNS

Republican State Senator Greg Ball of New York released a strongly-worded statement on the matter Sunday, adding that he plans to introduce legislation to better protect the identities of gun owners in the future:

“The Journal News has placed the lives of these folks at risk by creating a virtual shopping list for criminals and nut jobs. If the connection is proven, this is further proof that these maps are not only an invasion of privacy but that they present a clear and present danger to law-abiding, private citizens. Former convicts have already testified to the usefulness of the asinine Journal News ‘gun maps’ yet the reckless editors are evidently willing to roll the dice, gambling with the lives of innocent local homeowners,” Senator Greg Ball said.
[I][U]
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 1:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Your logic seems disjointed to me. Your comparing apples and oranges.

BTW, your link is dead!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 1:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 12 2013, 1:07 pm)

BTW, your link is dead!

According to the outcry, felons told Fox News they used the list to target homes in which weapons were known to be present - not to avoid them.  Just the opposite of what your citation said.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 2:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

according to the ever accurate AP....he targeted firefighters because they would not be armed....not because he wantted to "shoot firefighters"

He just wanted hostages so he picked unarmed victims....that makes him more clever than criminals that shoot at police

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 2:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 12 2013, 1:26 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Apr. 12 2013, 1:07 pm)

BTW, your link is dead!

According to the outcry, felons told Fox News they used the list to target homes in which weapons were known to be present - not to avoid them.  Just the opposite of what your citation said.

Well duh...they wanted weapons....and most homes do not have bars on the windows...like this place

http://www.wthr.com/story/21928238/northwest-side-gun-store-robbed

Who was that famous criminal who said he robbed banks "because that was where the money was"

The question is did they break in specifically when someone was home and likely to be armed? ...or were they smart(er) like these crooks that hit the gun shop when it was closed

Because generally gunshops are full of armed folks :)

I am betting they mostly broke into the gun owners homes when they thought the guns were unattended

Funny what the newspaper that published the info did ...what was it....oh yeah...hire ARMED security when they started to fear reprisals

They no longer wanted to be gun free when they got scared

I for one believe that it was was not just coincidence that the columbine killers attacked right when the school resource officer was at lunch

--------------

Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013, 2:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

That doesn't mean we should have gun free zones.  I think  a qualified citizen should be allowed to carry a weapon wherever they go.  If they have been vetted before getting a concealed carry permit, then letting them carry in walmart but not on school grounds makes no sense.  But I believe concealed carry is for personal protection, not to play sheriff.

Completely agree....if for no other reason than extraneous gunhandling is just stupid

Making someone handle their weapon multiple times during the day as they move into/out of gun free zones is likely to cause more problems than it is believed to solve

it is like cops at traffic stops disarming CC holders....huge opportunity for tragedy and for no good reason

But then again,  I do not fear holstered firearms...they tend to be the safest ones! The owner knows it is loaded but has no reason to mess with it.

--------------

Thomas Sowell
29 replies since Apr. 09 2013, 7:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hows that weapons free zone working for ya?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions