2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Woody and Billbab< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2013, 10:23 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Aren't you guys in Illinois?
Ya'll doing okay with the weather and flooding?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Drift Woody Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2013, 10:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for asking.

My biggest problem was getting back to Chicago. I was in Nashville on a business trip on Wednesday but the flight back to O'Hare that evening was cancelled due to the storms. We rebooked for 6am but figured that would be cancelled too so we kept the rental car and drove back, arriving at O'hare (to drop off the car) around midnight. The 7+ hour drive wasn't bad, but the expense account got dinged an extra $800.

After my boss got home around 1am he spent the night bailing out his basement. 2 of the people who report to me (not on the trip) didn't make it in either; one with a flooded basement and one because of flooded roads. I'm in the western suburbs and it took my wife an hour instead of 20 minutes to get to the high school where she teaches special ed, only to find out the bus service for her students was cancelled so she came back home. I have a 2 mile commute and made it to work with no obstacles.

And, of course, the double header that was to kick off my season of slowpitch softball was rained out tonight.

Ron lives just a few miles from me, and may have a tale to tell.

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
-- Native American proverb
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 12:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh that's right, Ron too.
You boys keep your heads above water.

Glad to hear you're okay Woody.
 Post Number: 4
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 1:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Everybody pray to the rain gods to leave about 1/3 of that moisture in Eastern Colorado.  My wheat desperatley needs it.

Meanwhile, keep the waterwings dry.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 5
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 8:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Being at the end and bottom of my street I get everyones water!

My house was an island from about 4am till 3pm. No basement but the crawlspace is filled with 4ft of water. The water surrounding the house was anywhere from 5" to a foot and a half deep. The garage had about 5" in it, most everything was on shelves but the regulators for my cutting torch got submerged so they are ruined. Overall though I escaped pretty unscathed, many of my neighbors unfortunately have much more damage. Last I heard we received about 7 inches of rain during the storm.

This is the worse flooding I've ever seen in this neighborhood since I bought the house in '95.

Thanks for the concern! Glad everything is alright on your side DW!

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 10:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Holy smokes!
Hang in there Ron.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 12:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Babs?
Haven't heard form you lately.  How'd you fair?
6 replies since Apr. 18 2013, 10:23 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Woody and Billbab
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions