2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: OK I was wrong, Bombers were NOT Americans< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 1:28 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Or, the REAL bombers just want us to think that......

Waiting to see what the conspiracy theory kooks come up with on this one.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
markinOhio Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There were Americans.

Maybe not as “American” as some crazy right-wing bunker dweller (I know a lot of people are very disappointed), but I’m pretty sure they were American citizens. I just hope that others that share their ethnic background, religion, immigration status, and political ideology are not subjected to the hatred that should be reserved for only the perpetrators themselves.
 Post Number: 3
Dennis The Menace Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 1:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I heard that at least the younger one became a naturalized citizen, ironically, on September 11 last year

--------------
politics is the art of taking advantage of mass stupidity and ignorance
 Post Number: 4
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 1:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(markinOhio @ Apr. 19 2013, 1:43 pm)
There were Americans.....I’m pretty sure they were American citizens.

And you base your "pretty sure" conclusions on what?

I just hope that others that share their ethnic background, religion, immigration status, and political ideology are not subjected to the hatred that should be reserved for only the perpetrators themselves.
Hmmmm.  LOTS of anti-gun folks subject "the hatred" that should be "reserved for only" Lanza's actions on the NRA and other pro-gun individuals and groups.

And here's a little sanity to add to this insane mess.

The uncle of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnayev, the two prime suspects in the Boston bombings declared in no uncertain terms: “Of course we are ashamed!” These two young men, his nephews, are “losers” who come from a loser family that was unable to assimilate after receiving asylum in this country sometime around 2005-2006. Tsarni’s brother, the father of the bombers, apparently couldn’t find a job. Nor could the boys.

Whatever the cause of their bitterness, they apparently chose to lash out at America, the country that hosted them and gave them shelter from the many troubles facing their homeland, including a radical Islamist separatist movement that opposes Chechnya’s absorption into Russia. Instead of being grateful to America for the opportunities this country offered them, they apparently chose to explode bombs and kill innocents who had nothing to do with the two young men’s problems.

Ruslan Tsarni has an amazing economy and facility with words. In the very short time he stood before reporters, he stated the feelings of people who resent what they know is coming: the tarnishing of an entire ethnicity’s reputation by the acts of two deranged individuals, and the further tarnishing of the Islamic religion by two people confused about how to express their religious devotion.

Tsarni made absolutely clear: They don’t represent Chechens. They don’t represent Islam.

LINK
 Post Number: 5
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"We now know the Boston Marathon terrorists were Muslims with roots in Chechnya, the Russian province on an ongoing conflict with Moscow, with a large Muslim population and a history of violent conflict with the Kremlin in a long struggle for independence."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Gov....ericans

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 6
markinOhio Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 2:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(KenV @ Apr. 19 2013, 1:48 pm)

(markinOhio @ Apr. 19 2013, 1:43 pm)
There were Americans.....I’m pretty sure they were American citizens.

And you base your "pretty sure" conclusions on what?

I just hope that others that share their ethnic background, religion, immigration status, and political ideology are not subjected to the hatred that should be reserved for only the perpetrators themselves.
Hmmmm.  LOTS of anti-gun folks subject "the hatred" that should be "reserved for only" Lanza's actions on the NRA and other pro-gun individuals and groups.

And here's a little sanity to add to this insane mess.

The uncle of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnayev, the two prime suspects in the Boston bombings declared in no uncertain terms: “Of course we are ashamed!” These two young men, his nephews, are “losers” who come from a loser family that was unable to assimilate after receiving asylum in this country sometime around 2005-2006. Tsarni’s brother, the father of the bombers, apparently couldn’t find a job. Nor could the boys.

Whatever the cause of their bitterness, they apparently chose to lash out at America, the country that hosted them and gave them shelter from the many troubles facing their homeland, including a radical Islamist separatist movement that opposes Chechnya’s absorption into Russia. Instead of being grateful to America for the opportunities this country offered them, they apparently chose to explode bombs and kill innocents who had nothing to do with the two young men’s problems.

Ruslan Tsarni has an amazing economy and facility with words. In the very short time he stood before reporters, he stated the feelings of people who resent what they know is coming: the tarnishing of an entire ethnicity’s reputation by the acts of two deranged individuals, and the further tarnishing of the Islamic religion by two people confused about how to express their religious devotion.

Tsarni made absolutely clear: They don’t represent Chechens. They don’t represent Islam.

LINK

OK, I was wrong...one was a citizen and one was a green card holder….50/50

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013....-boston

PS….What are those evil black things that the SWAT team is using to protect the citizens of Boston?
 Post Number: 7
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(markinOhio @ Apr. 19 2013, 2:03 pm)
PS….What are those evil black things that the SWAT team is using to protect the citizens of Boston?

Those are the very powerful "Feinstein" rifles.

Lets hope they can do a better job than NYS finest protecting the citizens. This should motivate you to own a weapon if nothing else does unless you "OK" with ole Barney here watching your flank;

"SWAT officer attracts ridicule after he’s pictured with his rifle sight on backwards"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....vxgwJSa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 2:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ya here is that info on the younger Dzhokar Tsarnaev(white hat) becoming a naturalized citizen last year

Dzhokar Tsarnaev became a U.S. citizen Sept. 11, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2013....ex.html

Other

THey also have been in the US for 10 years

Two federal sources told the Los Angeles Times that the brothers have been in the United States for 10 years.

http://www.latimes.com/news....7.story

More interesting info about Dzhokar Tsarnaev

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev graduated from Cambridge Rindge & Latin School in 2011. He received a $2,500 scholarship from
the city of Cambridge, to be used toward higher education, according to local news reports. He was a wrestler at
Cambridge Rindge & Latin, and was honored as the student athlete of the month during his senior year.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev enrolled at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, high school friend Eric Machado told CNN.
He worked as a lifeguard at Harvard, Machado said.

In a profile posted on a social media page under a variation of his name, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev says he was born on
July 22 and went to elementary school in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a small Muslim Caucasus republic
near Chechnya before coming to the U.S. and graduating from Rindge & Latin in 2011. He wrote that he speaks
English, Russian, and “Nokhchiin Mott,” the Chechen language.

His describes his world view as “Islam” but his priorities as “Career and money.” He belongs to religious and
secular social media groups linked to Chechnya, almost all in Russian. Those groups in turn have begun to post
stories that one of their members might have been involved in the “terrorist acts” in Boston, as one site called
it.

Dzhokhar’s most recent post on his social media site was from March 2012, a humorous YouTube video of his brother
sitting in the passenger seat of a car in what looks like a parking garage doing imitations of various accents of
people in the Caucasus -- the way an American might mimic regional accents in this country. His brother wears a
dark baseball cap reminiscent of the one in the more recent, more chilling videos that have been circulated since
the bombing.

http://www.latimes.com/news....7.story

more still

He was a dedicated kid, and all the kids loved him,” Payack said. “We only name captains who are good, but who also
gain respect from his fellow wrestlers. He had to be a leader, and he had all those qualities. He was one of my guys.”

Payack said the wrestling team thinks of itself as a family and there was nothing amiss about Dzhokhar, whose name is
pronounced JA-har.

“Everybody loved him,” Payack said. “He wasn’t a loner, the complete opposite. … He seemed like one of the most
well-adjusted kids on the team. He seemed like he didn’t have any problems. He did his work, came out and became a captain.”

In a public high school that prides itself on its diversity, “he got along with all the different groups on the team,” Payack said.

“He never talked about being a Muslim. We’re in Cambridge. We have a completely diverse team. So nobody talked about
religion,” Payack said. “He was just one of us.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro....ry.html

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Really good article on the older(black hat) Tamerlan Tsarnaev(now deceased) with a lot of pictures

* Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was shot dead during a gunfight with police Thursday

* Had videos dedicated to terrorism and Jihad on his YouTube channel

* Said in 2010 he has 'a single American friend' and he doesn't 'understand' Americans

* Studied accounting as part-time student at Bunker Hill Community College

* Police on the hunt for his younger brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

* Tsarnaev family came to the US in 2003 as refugees, and Tamerlan became a permanent resident in 2007

* Tamerlan became US citizen on September 11, 2012 - 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
Aunt said he was a married father of 3-year-old daughter named Zahara    

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....st.html

apparently he was a really good boxer

John Allan, owner of Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts Boston, said the older brother, Tamerlan, was an accomplished
amateur boxer, competing in the national Golden Gloves competition.

“He was the best boxer in Boston,” said Allan, who remembers helping in a competition three years ago. “He smoked
all the professionals.”

Allan said Tsarnaev was trained by his father, who was also a skilled boxer. And he was always respectful. “They
were an incredible family....This was so shocking to me.”

But Tsarnaev hadn’t been to the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts center in years, instead going to another nearby boxing
gym. Until this month. Allan, who is currently traveling in Thailand, got an e-mail within the past week saying
Tsarnaev showed up at the gym acting rude and disrespectful, using other people’s equipment, walking on the mats
with his shoes.

“It was a clear indication that something was up,” Allan said, noting that Tsarnaev hadn’t even been to his gym
before the incident in years. “He was becoming a complete [expletive].

“It was completely out of place of place for him,” said Allan, who was also contacted by the FBI about Tamerlan.

He also said he thought that the older brother did so well in the Golden Gloves several years ago that he could
have qualified for the US Olympic trials, but that he may not have been eligible because of a paperwork problem.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro....ry.html

He apparently left the US for about 6 months to leave for Russia

What I'm getting from reading everything I can it seems the older was definitely the leader and the younger was
very much influenced by his older brother.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 8:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Regulating guns and immigration only imposes on the law abiding.  

Criminals are still going to get guns and illegal aliens are still going to get into the U.S.  

So I'm assuming the right will get on board with Obama's immigration reform.

Maybe not.  After Boston, Congressman Urges Caution on Immigration Reform
 Post Number: 11
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2013, 9:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got him.

Alive.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/?wpisrc=al_national
 Post Number: 12
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2013, 12:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very intense effort, and persistent police work, but it was an alert citizen who directed their attention to hiding place of the killer.

Good citizenship and good police work.

What a country!

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 13
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2013, 12:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Apr. 19 2013, 9:07 pm)
Very intense effort, and persistent police work, but it was an alert citizen who directed their attention to hiding place of the killer.

Good citizenship and good police work.

What a country!

The REAL lesson from this, IMHO.
12 replies since Apr. 19 2013, 1:28 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply OK I was wrong
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions